Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies šŸŒˆšŸ‘¶

Replies

• Options
    @EmJ3 homeschooling is not going too bad, I just donā€™t really know what to teach her šŸ˜‚ her reading and maths are excellent but her writing and spelling are (and Iā€™d obv never say this to her) horrendous šŸ˜‚ they have improved a lot but still a lot of room for improvement, I just feel so sorry for her šŸ˜” she moved schools the end of January and sheā€™s only just started to settle in, itā€™s going to be like starting all over again for her šŸ˜” I pulled her out of school a few days before they closed, I couldnā€™t handle it anymore And just wanted her safe at home with me so sheā€™s been off for over 3 weeks now! Howā€™s homeschooling going for you?Ā 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Evelyn looks so cute with her little picnic and her cheesy smile! So sorry to hear about jamie that must be awful bless him šŸ˜­ is it dairy that causes it? (Sorry if youā€™ve said before my memory is like a siv atm)Ā 

@MickeyS did you manage to order the balm okay? Iā€™ll add a picture of the emollient we were given, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be the same one though! Let me know how she gets on xx

Hope everyoneā€™s well! Harrys speech is so good now hearing him call Lilys name just melts my heart! Everything he finds disgusting he calls poo šŸ˜‚ and every bug is a spider haha so thatā€™s fun for me when he comes running over to me and says mummy spider šŸ˜­
    Hereā€™s a few pictures of my cheeky monkeys recently!Ā 
    Lily was trying to do joe wicks PE lesson and Harry kept grabbing her for a ā€˜cuggleā€™Ā 

• Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry look how beautiful they both are. Harry looks like a proper wee boy rather than a baby now!

Speech is coming on here too. In the last 2 days we've had 'duck' 'cuggle' and 'juicy'. She also must have picked up on me calling Jamie 'Wee Jim' and has been calling him 'Jamo' šŸ˜‚

Ā This has popped up on my timeline today šŸ˜­

• Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Harry says cuggle too šŸ˜­ bless her I love when they first start talking! So sweet! Lily was always really advanced could have proper conversations with her at this age so Iā€™m glad itā€™s gone a bit slower this time! Hahahaha bless her thatā€™s so cute wee Jim šŸ˜‚ love it! We always call Harry hazza or haz, we donā€™t do nicknames for lily though, I hate Lil and Iā€™ve drummed it into her so if someone calls her lil sheā€™ll be like šŸ˜’ my names not lil itā€™s lily šŸ˜‚ evelyns looking so grown up too šŸ˜ your two are beautiful too weā€™re very lucky! Will you have anymore? Xx
  • Options
    Awww theyā€™re so gorgeous @Mummytolilyandharry and @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390. Theyā€™re growing up so fast. Canā€™t believe how much Harry has grown!

Home schooling is... interesting!!! I can control 32 11-16 year olds at one time and get them to do their work but Jackson is another bloody story!!šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆĀ 

Im enjoying being off with Matilda and Maizie and Jackson but Iā€™m missing normal life!
    xxx

• Options

• Options
    My 3.xx
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry we defo are lucky. I always said I'd like 3 but if we do it won't be until this pair are in school and nursery. The thought of getting 3 small babies ready right now sounds like madness. Have you thought about any more? What's the age difference between Evelyn and Harry? It's not much I'm sure (She's Sept). Her nickname is 'The Beev', she's got such a weird wee personality - I went to the fruit shop this morning and she stood watching me unpacking and kept pointing at the back so I said 'OK, but just one piece' - SHE CHOSE A POTATO????

@EmJ3 I can't imagine homeschooling myself. I don't known about England but up here it seems there's a lot of variance in what works been allocated. My friends got 2 kids, same school, one has been given loads of worksheets, the other nothing! You can tell your 3 are siblings can't you ā¤ļø and very photogenic! I bet the older 2 are great with Matilda aswell!

I miss some aspects of normal life, but hubby is furloughed with the restaurant being closed - full pay thankfully and its nice getting stuff done about the house while he gets the time with them when they're still little. It would just be nice to get out and about again!Ā 
  • Options

Happy Easter everyone! I hope the babies and children are enjoying the chocolate. Itā€™s Matildaā€™s first one! Happy 1st Easter to Jamie too @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390.xxx
  • Options
    Happy Easter everyone and Happy 1st Easter Matilda! Her dress is a beaut!Ā 

We've had a fun one (apart from our idiot dog jumping the sofa into the dining area and eating all of Evies big eggs (a red mist descended and I ended up with a sobbing toddler because I shouted at 'my oona')

• Options
    Oh no @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390- naughty dog!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ our dog tried to get some eggs too!Ā 
    They both look gorgeous!!!Ā 
    Hoping for more sunshine to make lock down easier!xxx

• Options
    @EmJ3 honestly dogs are more stressful than kids. Her morning poop was 90% tinfoil and I hope it taught her a lesson!

It was a bit colder up here today but still sunny. Our new washing machine came so I'm working my way through a weeks worth of laundry mountain. I'm hoping it picks up again for a few good drying days and some chilling in the garden!Ā 
  • Options
    Ladies I need your help. Matilda has always been a really good sleeper and Iā€™ve kept her in her Moses basket till now because she hadnā€™t tried to get out of it but itā€™s not safe now so she had her first night in her cot and hated it! She woke at 2am and kicked off for an hour and she has never done this before- well since a tiny newborn obviously. I put her back in her cot at 3.30 and she only did till 5.30. She usually sleeps 8- 7! It was a shock to my system!šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ

Any tips for her sleeping in her cot?Ā 
    Xxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 Evie was the same but settled back into a routine by night 3 or 4 so hopefully it's just a case of persevering. Also her uncle bought her a bedtime iggle piggle which she's still daft about. I used to use it as a distraction to leave the room and she was usually out by the time the song ended. Hopefully tonight is easier and she's just getting used to making sure you're there.

Also Ive heard of people starting them in the cot using a bed nest so they feel a little less like they're in the middle of a big space so that could be a shout depending how you feel about them!Ā 
  • Options
    thanks @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390!

it was a shock to the system but yeah she probably needs a few nights to adjust!!

i have a best but the hv frightened me by saying theyā€™re not safe for overnight. I know a lot of people swear by them though!Ā 

How are Evie and Jamie doing? I read on the other thread that heā€™s doing well with his food. Particularly parsnip! Haha!!
    Youā€™re really lucky, our August one went quiet months and months ago- they set up a Facebook thing and Iā€™m not on Facebook. Itā€™s nice to keep in touch with the other mums.xxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 yeah I suppose with a lot of things you use your judgement. I know they say to stop using a swaddle when they can roll but it's the only way Jamie will sleep so I just keep an eye on him (he sleeps right up against the mesh sides anyway so I doubt he's going to roll)

Evies going brilliant, loads of words coming, although shes 'rescued' a duck tealight holder that was meant to be going to the charity shop and its the only thing she will eat snacks out of now šŸ˜‚, I'm just leaving her to it! We're trialling cloth nappies which I'm loving and their daddy won't touch yet. It's cut our rubbish in half!

How are you and Matilda getting along other than her big cot move?Ā 
  • Options
    Awww sheā€™s going to be fully talking soon!! Itā€™s exciting!Ā 

Have the cloth nappies helped? Are they ok with poo???

Weā€™re good thanks. Matildaā€™s teething still so a bit cranky but she still hasnā€™t got any teeth and sheā€™s nearly 9 months. Both my other 2 had a tooth at 5 months! Theyā€™re all different I guess. She can clap hands and say mama and dada though! Itā€™s lovely seeing their personality come through!

home schooling my 7 year old is a disaster! Heā€™s got the attention span of Matilda!!! Unless itā€™s for footy or the PS4!!xxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 actually the poo isnt too bad, I have disposable liners that are just like a dry wipe and they catch the worst of it, then if you need you can hold it under the flush or run it under a tap and it all comes away, no need for touching!

9 months is a wonderful age, the start becoming proper little people don't they šŸ˜. I don't think I could do the home schooling, I feel like I'd probably do more damage than good! He'll come out of the other side just fine and by the sound of it (see what the current briefing says) twe might be semi normal before the summer is out. I'd genuinely be happy if they would allow us to just have social bubbles, so a group of maybe 10 who we can talk to.Ā 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Long time no speak, apologies, life took over!
    Had a read through a few posts lovely to see all the babies! Can you please all update me so I know how everyone is šŸ™šŸ»

MrsB youā€™ve had another baby šŸ‘¶ !!!

mrsrees how are you?

can I see baby photos and how big they are all now!?

ive put a photo of Rosie below, sheā€™s full of toddlerness these days!Ā 
  • Options
    Hey everyone! How are you all?Ā 
    @MickeyS how are you getting on with that eczema cream?Ā 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 how is Jamie now? Has there been any improvement?Ā 

@Bobble321 So lovely toĀ from you! Rosie looks beautiful bless her how is she getting on?Ā 

Is anyone else around?
    @xLisilx @MrsRees
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions