Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @EmJ3 yes I was thinking the same thing about not worrying too much I will give it till my 6 week check and if still having moments I will mention it like I said it's not all the time just early evening mainly... possible lack of sleep may be a factor too but I dont feel exhausted. Its not getting in the way of me bonding or getting in with things so that's a relief. Probably worrying over nothing xxx
  • Options
    @Sarahjh34 I feel the same. It sounds normal to me though. Do keep an eye on it though and if you feel it’s getting worse or you’re feeling down book a doc’s appointment. Otherwise just enjoy your precious baby and hopefully our emotions will settle down.xxxx
  • Options
    I know this seems like a stupid question and I’m not obviously gonna have sex but do you feel like your partner is really not interested in you? This is the longest our whole relationship we have gone without sex! I thought he would be like a horny teenager now I just think he’s gone off me n maybe sex was just something we did rather than being cause he really fancied me!! I’m probs just being hormonal just makes me sad ☹️ 
  • Options
    I think it’s just hormones @Andreag1990. He prob thinks you’re too sore or still bleeding. I’m sure he still thinks you’re amazing for just having a baby!!! I kind’ve know what you mean but I bet it’s nothing like that! Maybe he’s just waiting for you.xxxx
  • Options
    Thank you hun don’t know what I’d do without this group!! A safe place where we can talk about anything we need too
  • Options
    @Andreag1990 this group is amazing some great tips,help and support from other mums in same situations I love this group and thankyou all for the help and support you have given when needed xx
  • Options
    @Craly24 Oscar is so cute!! And regarding the constipation phoebe was constipated and I switched her food and initially gave her cool boiled water. 

@Sarahjh34 yes I still get emotional mainly when I’m on my
    own or during the night feeds I think it’s the whole lack of sleep thing even know sometimes you don’t feel exhausted I think inside we all are after having a baby lol hope your ok 

has any ever had experience of their baby having a tongue tie? Phoebe does and has been referred for the procedure to correct it, looking for some reassurance as I know it has to be done but I’m nervous xxx 
  • Options
    @Lmc92 yes we had tongue tie snipped. Not gonna lie it was horrendous. She screamed blue murder and there was blood everywhere pooling in her mouth. It was obvious it hurt her but like u said it needs to be done. She settled quite quickly after it was done and breastfeed immediately after but wear dark clothing if you breastfeed cos it looks like you've been stabbed once they get their bloody mouth all over the boob
  • Options
    @SaoirseK OMG really 😢 that sounds awful!! Was this with your little loyalty? 
  • Options
    @Lmc92 Yeah she had quite a bad one so maybe thats why she bled so much. I held her while they did it. Im sure if u dont want to be present while they do it a nurse can hold her instead.  I was told to gently run my finger under tongue from the next day to stop it reconnecting and having to go thru that again. It healed a little yellow/white but thats normal. As im breastfeeding they said feed as soon as its done and if it bleeds again when we get home to keep feeding as the tongue action compresses that area and stops the bleeding and breast milk contains infection fighting properties so its ideal for it. They'll tell u what to do if different if your bottle feeding. She did bleed again by the time we got back to hosp car park but not again after that.
  • Options
    Oh god I’m even more nervous now 😩 no I’ll defo be there for it couldn’t not be.. how long did it take her to get back to being ok was it days? I suppose they won’t remember it even though we will xxx
  • Options
    @Lmc92 its immediately after theyre fine. They dont notice once its done. She took about 5 mins to settle after and thst was it. Even when she bled the 2nd time in car park she wasnt bothered at all. 
  • Options
    @Lmc92 asleep after 2nd bleed which was nowhere near as bad as when it was done. Its just the sight of blood coming from your own child that sends us into panic overdrive

• Options
    @Lmc92 Dexter was tongue tied , we went to his appointment at 2 weeks and 2days.. he had snapped it himself! 
  • Options
    Lmc92Lmc92 Regular
    edited Aug 31, 2019 8:41PM
    @SaoirseK Oh god I’m even more nervous now 😩 awww look at her what a wee cutie pie 🥰 hopefully then she’ll be ok not long after, yea it probably looks worse than what it is.. @Sebsmummy good dexter saved his mummy and himself From some distress lol 
  • Options
    @Lmc92 you may be lucky too, apparently it's quite common that it happens! I went to the appointment just reminding myself that they never remember it and there are so many pros to it! Try not to worry as she will feel your anxiety.
  • Options
    @Lmc92 - my niece’s baby had her tongue tied and had it cut the other day. She is 10 weeks old. It was nowhere as bad as she thought. She cried more from her immunisations. 
    I think it’s down to each baby and who does the procedure to be honest. 

Try not to work yourself up too much they know what they are doing and she will be fine xx
  • Options
    @Blondielauz @Sebsmummy thanks for the reassurance fingers crossed it all goes ok xxx
  • Options
    Hey everyone, how are you and your babies doing? 
    We just wanted to let you know @ERM and @Elalu have had their babies, so we have now closed the Due in August 2019 thread. 

• Options
    My little Noah was born 5lb 13oz he is now 3 weeks 4 days and weighs an incredible 8lb 2oz I cant believe how much weight he has put on in 2 weeks chunky monkey!!!