Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Tagging @Nia_8
  • Options
    Guys is anyone having issues with babies feeding way too much? I'm breastfeeding at the moment and he literally takes breast every hour for about 20 min feed each. At night it's getting worse.. He just cries. We check diaper, see if he's too hot or cold, try to burp him. But all he seems to want is feeds. Then he cries coz we think he's having upset tummy. Also he hates changing his diaper or being naked. So when we do have to change we need to get him drowsy (with bm) and then give him more bm after change to settle him. 

He's barely 4 days old and I'm at my wits end! 
  • Options
    Jack is on formula so I can’t help with the feeding but he did hate having his nappy changed and getting naked! He would scream and scream until dressed again but he is much better now. I try and change his nappy as he’s getting ready for a feed so he will settle after but it is so hard at first knowing they are going to scream so much.
    just try and tell yourself everything is still so new to him and it’ll all be better in a couple of weeks.
    hope his feeds get better for you, tiredness is the worst thing about these first few weeks I think x
  • Options
    Can’t comment on the feeding either as Sofia is bottle fed but I will say she has says where she goes every 4 hours and hungrier days where she wants to eat every 2 hours. 
    Sofia hates her nappy changing too and being naked, I think she likes to be warm. I change her nappy before her bottle so she gets all snug again and make sure everything is prepared so it’s super quick. 
  • Options
    Jack Seemed to be so hungry yesterday...all day and all night crying exactly 2 hours betweens feeds 😒 I feel like I’ve just been burping him all night 🙈

We got a snuzpod in the end, well an equivalent to a snuz pod. He seems to move round an awful lot though. His blankets are tucked in but I’m very paranoid about him putting them over his head. I don’t think he’s big enough for a sleeping bag yet though 😞
  • Options
    Sofia was the exact same yesterday, eating so much I was losing the will to live!! 
    you can get a newborn sleeping bag, I’ve got one but haven’t used it yet. It’s a grow snug I think it’s called. 
  • Options
    Ahh do they, I will have a look at those, thanks. He’s being weighed tomorrow so I may see what he weighs and then see if the HV thinks he is big enough to be in one. 
    Have you been bombarded with visitors since having Sofia? I can’t wait for a day when it’s just me and Jack 🙈 it’s lovely that people want to see him but it’s exhausting having people here all the time. My husband has gone back to work now and my mum is coming home on Thursday for 10 days (she lives in Spain) so she is going to be here all day every day 🙈 
  • Options
    Omg yes!! I’m done now though with everyone coming but it’s exhausting!! We had the weekend with no-one coming and it was so nice. Try and make time for yourself. 

i have a question about toys, what have you bought? I have a gym and teddies but that’s it. Oh and I bought a projector light for her but no idea on what is good and when. When do you introduce them to them? At the moment she just eats and sleeps and is pretty boring haha 
  • Options
    We have the same, just a play mat and teddies. He’s started staying awake for a while in the evenings so I pop him on his mat then for a bit. It has lights and music on it too so he’s quite happy Lying on there for a bit but other than that, he doesn’t have anything. 
    Everyone is telling me to enjoy him while he is so small but I am looking forward to him doing more and interacting with him 🙊 
  • Options
    Sofia slept for 7 hours last night from 11-6, was so shocked when I woke up this morning. She woke up had a bottle then went back to sleep for 4 hours!! Reckon it was just a fluke though!! She’s getting nice a chunky all of a sudden. Love her 
  • Options
    Had baby's first weigh in since birth. He's just lost 2.5% of birthweight! My mw was delighted..
    he slept for 5 hours straight last night. I feel like I've been so well rested today.. 😂
  • Options
    Ahh that is amazing! 7 hours!
    jack has been weighed today and is now 9lb3 🙈 he’s put on a pound this week so hv said maybe he’s been having a growth spurt which is why he is feeding so often....we’ll see 🙈 
  • Options
    That’s fab nia about the weight loss. Some lose loads. 

Great weight jonesy, what clothes size is he now in? Trying to work out how long Sofia’s newborn will last for. 

Sofia is 1 month old today, it’s been the best month, have enjoyed it so much. The 7 hour sleep through the night the other night was a fluke, we’re back on every 4 hours now but I don’t mind as she settles straight back down. 

Hows everyone getting on? 
  • Options
    Bubs is 7 days old already! He has just grown out of his newborn clothes. He fits in upto 1 month size now; 0-3 is a bit too big on him. He's progressively getting calmer during nappy changes - although grofriends music toy helps a lot with that! 
  • Options
    I’ve started putting Jack in 0-3 now. The newborns and first size are too tight for him, the arms on the 0-3 are too long but the legs fit nicely ☺️ 

Every 4 hours is brilliant isn’t it ☺️ Jack managed 3/3.5 last night and has gone 3 hours between feeds today.
    He was 3 weeks old yesterday. 

Time is going so fast isn’t it! 

Has anyone given their baby a dummy yet?
  • Options
    Lottie goes 3.5 - 4 hours between feeds in the night and just goes straight back to sleep when she’s put down which is great. When she gets up in the mornings she cluster feeds - usually 3 times between 8am and 11am then passes out again for 4 hours. She seems to be cluster feeding in the evening too between 5pm and 8pm. I don’t mind as long as it’s not in the night time and I’m getting my sleep 😂 touch wood it stays that way. She’s amazing at settling by herself so I haven’t introduced a dummy yet. Just going to wait until one day she may need more help settling.
    I’ve been pumping and freezing breast milk too ready to introduce a bottle. I’m not sure when to. I’m so happy at the moment.
    She’s two weeks old today. Makes me sad how fast time is going! 
  • Options
    Lottie seems to have started to cough over the last 24 hours :( it’s not a persistent cough at all. It’s just one cough every so often. If she sneezes you can hear it in the back of her throat. Each cough sounds phlegmy and sometimes she’s chokes/coughs when she’s feeding. Other than the worrying cough she’s fine. No temperature. No runny/stuffed nose. It’s definitely gotten more prominent through the day. Google says it could still be mucus from birth or simply that babies aren’t used to the dry air/atmosphere outside the womb. Will just have to keep an eye on her. It’s horrible worrying. 
  • Options
    Aww I hope Lottie is better soon! I bet it is so horrible when they get poorly.
    I am terrible for googling everything 🙈 Jack has green poo last night - it looked like mushy peas! It’s usually yellow so I was straight on google to see if it was normal haha. 

Ladies with babies on formula....how many ounces are your babies having! Jack is 3 weeks and is having 4oz and occasionally 5 if he has had an extra long sleep! I don’t know if that is too much or not. He’s not sick or anything after but I don’t want to be over feeding him 🙈 
  • Options
    Hope she’s ok Alice, if your worries at all call 111. 

Sofia has 4 oz every 4 hours and doesn’t always finish this. She is still only 6lb though. I would feed him what he needs, if he needs 5 I would up it.