Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Ellis90 thank you. Hopefully she’ll grow out of it haha 🤣 
    were about the same with sleeping too bed about 9pm sleeping through till 7am. 
    Immunisations are fine, just be prepared that baby will cry and it’s hard to watch. But it’s only for a short period. I cried when Ella had hers done. She’s due her next lot in 3 weeks. 
  • Options
    Awww look at all the gorgeous little girls!!! Growing so fast it's crazy!!
    Our little one is also sleeping a lot better these days!! Between 6-9hrs every night! Shes slept in her bassinet since we brought her home other than a few nights in the first couple weeks where I slept with her on my chest on the couch !! 
    She is in 50% for weight but in 90%for length! Might be a tall little girl. 
    She had her first injections last week and I cried a little too! Not nice to watch, she was extra fussy that evening and the next day. 

• Options
    I’m so jealous of your babies sleeping so long at night! My little one is waking 2-3 times a night and I’m exhausted 😭😭 xx
  • Options
    Lou2401 said:
    I’m so jealous of your babies sleeping so long at night! My little one is waking 2-3 times a night and I’m exhausted 😭😭 xx
    Olivias still feeding often during the night I'm also exhausted 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the cry it out method 

Olivia is 3 months old now and will not go to sleep unless its on me or partner during the day there's no putting her dowb once she's asleep on you she wakes instantly luckly at night I can roll her into our bed then I to her next to me when we go to bed or we safe Co sleep but am trying to get her into her bed as much as possible. I started the cry it out method yesterday for her afternoon nap she cried for 10 mins then slept for 40 mins today she cried for 5 mins slept for 20 mins woke up gave her a top up feed and put her back down she cried for another five and I think she's asleep now can't hear her on the monitor. 

I feel awful letting her cry but we need to start getting her in to a nap routine beacse she just wants to bed held all day and I'm having pain in my arm now from constantly carrying the little barrel. 

It feels like forever even though its only 5-10 mins 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 it’s hard when they won’t settle by themselves. Ella is the same during the day as soon as she’s in her cot she’s awake but will sleep fine on me or hubby. Have you tried swaddling her? 
    I found this works wonderfully with Ella. As soon as she’s swaddled she sleeps for hours. In fact she sleeps for around 10-12 hours at night because of it 
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 it’s hard when they won’t settle by themselves. Ella is the same during the day as soon as she’s in her cot she’s awake but will sleep fine on me or hubby. Have you tried swaddling her? 
    I found this works wonderfully with Ella. As soon as she’s swaddled she sleeps for hours. In fact she sleeps for around 10-12 hours at night because of it 
    Nope swaddling dosent work I havent tried it for a while but I could give it another go now she's older she went down for 3 naps today only short ones but in her own bed and didn't cry for long till on 7.30 pm when I can put her to bed and have a vino 🙌🙌
  • Options
    Hi its been a while My baby girl is going to be 3 months on 20th of oct... she sleeps during the night but started teething early so she is a bit cranky and sucks her fingers to soothe herself. Also she babbles all day long and mimicks me, learning how to make new sounds. She hasnt took dummy since day 1 and doesnt like swaddling, so she falls asleep without any help every day at 10 30pm  im glad she has got routine.  Don't worry ladies babies need our attention and they learn slowly how to control hunger so be patient 🙂🙂🙂 but I can't believe how grown my baby is already is, shocking !! hope everyone has been okay so far and enjoyed Motherhood 
  • Options
    Chloe87 said:
    Has anyone tried the cry it out method 

Olivia is 3 months old now and will not go to sleep unless its on me or partner during the day there's no putting her dowb once she's asleep on you she wakes instantly luckly at night I can roll her into our bed then I to her next to me when we go to bed or we safe Co sleep but am trying to get her into her bed as much as possible. I started the cry it out method yesterday for her afternoon nap she cried for 10 mins then slept for 40 mins today she cried for 5 mins slept for 20 mins woke up gave her a top up feed and put her back down she cried for another five and I think she's asleep now can't hear her on the monitor. 

I feel awful letting her cry but we need to start getting her in to a nap routine beacse she just wants to bed held all day and I'm having pain in my arm now from constantly carrying the little barrel. 

It feels like forever even though its only 5-10 mins 
    From the very beggining I wasn't letting my baby sleep on me. And she hasnt got that habit seems that your girl has a habit and it comforts her. I have been leaving her in a bouncer for few hours a day by herself, leaving her in the play gym and she learned, also when I give her bottle I sit her on sit me up pillow instead of holding. So she learned how to self soothe without me needing to hold her. It helped but before it was hard to even put her down in bed she would instantly cry. I'm sure if she is having shorter naps during the day now it will be fine. Try bed time routine 1 hour before the actual time  make sure she is hungry put fresh clothes with your body scent ( by rubbing it against your skin) and maybe cream her body with oil or night time moisturiser. Babies go to sleep as long as their nappy is clean and their tummy is full.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Hope your all doing well - and babies too. Lily will be 12 weeks on Saturday & I know it’s so cliche to say this but it’s gone so fast 😂

I know we have a load of girls in our group so thought I’d ask for opinions. I want to get my baby’s ears pierced (obviously not yet, will at least be waiting until her injections are completed) but I feel so guilty doing it. I’ve been told by my friend who got her little girls ears pierced when she was one, that I should get done sooner rather than later, and not to wait until as late as she did, as they are much for alert at that age. 
    I feel like I wouldn’t be able to take her, my partner said he would take her but I feel like he feels slightly guilty too. 

Have anyone of you thought about ear piercing or even had them done for your baby?

• Options
    @Ellis90 that’s a thought??? I’ve not thought about ear piercing as of yet. I think I might weight and let her make her own decision when she’s older. My parents got mine done really young but I’m on and off about wearing them. 
    Ella will be 14 weeks tomorrow and like you I feel times flown by as well. 
    We’ve been getting in the Halloween spirit the last few days

• Options
    I’m against piercing babies ears, I think they should be old enough to make that decision for themselves. Also I have fear that they would just rip them out 😭 but that’s just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own! ☺️

@MrsP13 awww look at her. She is so precious. So so cute🎃

Edie is 20 weeks and has started to try and sit up on her own. She’s very very strong for her age! She’s also been getting in the Halloween spirit too! 
  • Options
    @Bubbles616 aww how cute is Edie in her pumpkin outfit. 
    She is a strong little one. Ella prefers to sit up than lay down too. 
  • Options

🚨Want to be a tester in the MadeForMums 2021 Awards?🚨

We’re currently recruiting for testers for the annual MFM Awards. We are especially looking for pregnant women, and parents of babies, but everyone is welcome! 
    To signup, please check out latest posts where you can find all the details!

• Options
    @Ellis90 time has definitely flown by!!! I too will be waiting until our little one can ask for her ears pierced! I think i was around 7-8 when I got mine done! 

@MrsP13 @Bubbles616
    OMG look at those adorable little pumpkin babies!! So cute!
    My little girl has also been loving to sit up for a few weeks now and has finally started to roll from her back to her belly! She is a very long baby and in the 90 percentile for her age! She will be turning 4 months soon and already in some 6month clothes
  • Options
    Hi All, OMG how big are our babies all getting!! Cooper is 19 weeks old now and he’s a little chunk! He’s in 3-6mth clothes but some are slightly snug lol!! Cooper is a good sleeper and has been since 8weeks. He goes from 7.30pm till 5.30am, we tried putting him down later but he still wakes at 5.30am lol!!

Here he is with his big sister xx
  • Options
    All our babies seem to be so strong and little chunks! 😂 Edie was 5 months old on Halloween. I can’t believe how fast that time has gone!

@Nevesmummy omg he is adorable 😭 so so cute 
  • Options
    All our babies seem to be so strong and little chunks! 😂 Edie was 5 months old on Halloween. I can’t believe how fast that time has gone!

@Nevesmummy omg he is adorable 😭 so so cute 
    Aw Edie is absolutely gorgeous!! I weighed Cooper almost two weeks ago and he weighed 16lb 1oz lol!! He’s almost double his birth weight of 8lb 6oz lol!! Mind you my other two weighed 8lb 3oz and 8lb 12.5oz and now are both tall skinny things lol!! Xx
  • Options
    @Nevesmummy thank you! ❤️ And wow really!! Hahah it’s all just puppy fat when they’re babies though isn’t it 😝xx
  • Options
    Sorry I've been absent I've Been struggling with anxiety and depression so interaction for me is a 0. My HV said I need to get back on my forums and chat so here I am Olivia is doing great she's a right little character