Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Hello everyone, can you help us please? We have a new mum who is really struggling with breastfeeding on this thread - can anyone help? 
    Jack Newman is someone to look up. There’s videos and lectures on breastfeeding that may be helpful! I just watched a video last night that helped me get a better position. 
  • Options
    We’re getting more smiles here and there too!! So much fun to start having that back and forth interaction! She hasn’t giggled yet! Can’t wait for that! How old is your little one again @thinkingpositive1 ?
  • Options
    We’ve had smiles for a couple weeks too. We’ve started to have gurgles and soft noises. in fact she repeated the sound ‘ I love you’ the other day. Was really sweet. Love the sounds they make 🥰
  • Options
     @MrsP13 Wow smiles for a couple weeks!! We have only seen a few here and there this past week, (week 6)! Hoping they’ll come out more and more!! 😀 I love that she imitated the sound  ‘ I love you ‘ 😍 So sweet!!
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 she was almost 7wks when the giggly noises started! Will be 8wks on Thursday!! Crazy how quick time goes  now they are out of the womb! The last 2 months of pregnancy felt like forever Haha! 

@MrsP13 have you noticed the milestones being different yet this time around compared to your son? That's absolutely adorable she is mimicking noises! 
    I hear girls and boys develop differently but also can just depend from baby to baby I think!! 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we hope you're all safe and well. We're wondering if any of you might have some advice for one of our members who is due her baby this week. Thing is, her toddler is showing Covid symptoms, and she's wondering what to do if they test positive. Anyone have any advice? Her thread is here. Thank you. 
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 sorry I didn’t reply baby brain is hitting hard this time round. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I thought Ella was developing quicker but looking back through my red book she is pretty much on par with Jack for the same age. We’ll see if that changes in regards to talking, crawling and do on. 

We had the news last night that the county we live in is on local lockdown till at least October. Gutted. We started back at our swimming lessons last week but as there outside the county we can not attend. Thankfully (at the moment) jack nursery is still running as that’s with in the county. He’s loving being there he started last Thursday so this is his first full week. 
    He had an accident last night and cut his head in our bedside table so we had a fun trip to a&e. 
    We’ve got the health visitor coming tomorrow so we can get an update on Ella’s weight. She’s starting to get a bit tight in 0-3months clothes so I don’t think it’ll be long before we change them over. 
    How’s everyone else doing? 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 will be interesting to see if they are Similar with what age they walk/talk! Glad you are able to get him out of the house a bit to play with other kids that must be nice. Hope his little head is better now!

We had our little ones 2month app this week and she is weighing 11.4lbs!!! Almost double her birth weight which is ridiculous! She is now in 90th percentile for length so she might be a tall little girl! ☺ 
    I have put away her newborn clothes and some of her 0-3 fit nicely and some are too tight and some are too big 😑 so just like adult clothes sizes are different for each store which is frustrating. We have lots of hand-me-downs so that is nice.
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 thank you for your care with Jack. His head is fine now but we did end up in A&E again as he tried to drink some baby olbas oil (decongestant fluid) so we had to go in to be observed but thankfully he didn’t drink any and he is fine. 
    We’ve been to the hospital more time in the last 2 weeks than we have his entire life. 
    I had Ella weighed a couple weeks ago and she’s gone up to 12lbs1oz which is amazing but she’s dropped from 91st percentile to 75th for weight. Health visitor isn’t to worried about it we think she’s just going to plateau at this weight and stick on the 75th percentile like her brother. 
    We’re that some with baby clothes I’ve had to put some of the 0-3trousers away as she’s quite tall. We’ve moved in to a few 3-6months clothes. I’m looking forward to moving up a size as we’ve got some really cute things in those sizes 
  • Options
    Hey everyone sorry I haven't been about for a while just not had a chance to get on here how is everyone and there babies
  • Options
    olivia is doing really well will be 10 weeks on Friday 
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Wow I haven’t been on here for a while! Hope everyone and their babies are doing good in these crazy times! 

Edie was 16 weeks old yesterday and she weighed 13.5lbs!

@Chloe87 aw she is absolutely gorgeous!!❤️
  • Options
    Ohh wow look at those gorgeous girls.
    there beautiful.
    ella was 9 weeks old on Saturday. 
    Thankfully her brothers tantrums have calmed down. She’s started sleeping through some nights as well which is amazing.

• Options
    @MrsP13 aw Ella is beautiful! Just want to squish them lovely cheeks of hers. Glad to hear Jack’s tantrums have settled and that Ella is sleeping. It makes all the difference! 
  • Options
    Awww such beautiful bubbas I can't believe how quickly time has passed!!! Olivia won't sleep on her own bed yet so we are following NHS safe Co sleeping guidelines think this has stemmed from when we brought her home and she silently choked on mucus so spent the first few nights asleep on oh she's, like a bloody starfish in bed 
  • Options
    Enlli is doing really well :) she’s 10 weeks on Wednesday! Can’t believe how quick it’s going xx
  • Options
    @Lou2401 look at her face she’s so cute. Love the pout

@Chloe87 it’s surprising how much space they take up in the bed haha 🤣 
  • Options
    Hey mamas!! Love seeing everyone’s pics of their babes!! So precious ❤️ Elowynn will be 10 weeks this Thursday 😄

• Options
    Hey everyone, hope your all doing well. The babies are all absolutely adorable 😍 

Lily is now 7weeks 4 days and is weighing in at 12lbs 6oz - little pudding she is! She’s loving her milk. I’m still expressing and giving formula. The expressing side is so difficult as I’m constantly pumping, washing & sterilising 😴 but I manage to give her a bottle of BM a day, sometimes 2 if I’m lucky. 

She’s sleeping so well. She goes down around 9pm and goes through until 7am, but don’t want to get too ahead of myself as I fear it could change at any moment.

We had our 6-8 week check yesterday, which went really well for us both. She has slightly dry skin in places, which they prescribed a lotion for, so that should help. 

How were your little ones after there immunisation? Hers are in 2 weeks time & im bloody dreading them 😥

@m@MrsP13 Ella is your double. I remember from when you posted a picture of your belly 🤰🏻

Lovely to check in with you all as it’s been quite for so long, but as you all know it’s hard to find 5 minutes for yourself 

😘😘
  • Options
    @Lou2401 & @Mama2be9 such gorgeous little princesses! 🥰

I forgot how many girls this group had. We have a little army of little ladies!💗

@Ellis90 aw wow, sounds like Lily is doing amazing! Wow she is a little pudding bless her! My Edie is 13.5lbs and she’s 16 weeks and everyone says she’s a chunk!😂 she does have catching up to do though as she was 5 weeks early. 

Amazing about Lily’s sleeping too! Especially at 7 weeks. I think Edie was about 10 weeks when she first started sleeping through the night. She absolutely hated her Moses basket so she’s now in her cot in our bedroom and it’s made so much difference!

Dont worry too much about the injections. I was petrified with my son but it’s easier second time round. Edie only did a tiny little whimper and wasn’t poorly afterwards. Only thing that changed was that she was more sleepy for a couple days😴 every bubba is different though but I’m sure she’ll be fine!😊