Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First month on Clomid - any advice?

Replies

• Options

Hi all, we we're wondering if you might help with this thread about Clomid and delayed periods. We reckon you guys must be the experts by now, and might have some advice. Thank you.

• Options

Hey Mrs BeeL yep still waiting it out CD 86 now, getting a bit down the but what can I do. No when I went to consultant fortnight ago they wouldn't give provera not sure why tbh I'm guessing they didn't think i would be waiting much longer. Wish I'd never had Clomid it's made my cycles so much longer 

• Options

I’m out til sept/Oct ladies. Been in hospital and surgery and all sorts. Ugh. Will fill you all in soon when I’m more alert x 

• Options

Oh sorry to hear that NDG sending well wishes 

• Options

Aaaaargh NDG!!! I’m sorry  Hope you feel better soon!

• Options

Hi everyone,

how are you all? Iv been trying to catch up on everyone’s journeys. 

GerorgiaM I have to say how sorry I am to hear what you have been through. This battle (and it is a battle) for us to become mums is too cruel! sending hugs. 

im so sorry Iv been absent -IVF has all gone so quickly and Iv had so many appointments/medication to remember I have just been focusing on that!

so I’m in my two week wait of my first round and I tell you, Clomid is harder! I had no side effects, the injections were fine (I did 47 of them and not a single bruise) and now I have a day 5 blastocyst on board at the moment which is a developed fertilised egg!  just have to pray it now implants. we didhad frozen ones left over which is a great back up for my mind. So they are in the freezer incase we need them. 

So...back to the old two week wait!!! Transfer was yesterday so I have 14 long days until test! The thing with IVF is you go through soooo much, with still no gaurentee at the end of it! Trying to be positive! 

• Options

Emylou that sounds really exciting. Fx for you!!! 

im 9dpo with a 12 day luteal so thursday is d day for me

• Options

Fingers crossed Emy Lou and Mrs BeeL 

• Options

Hi ladies i am also taking 50mg of clomid i am on my 2nd month taking last tablet today, just thought i would let you know i also took clomid in 2014 and fell pregnant on my first month.

Clomid can mimic pregnancy symptoms i really thought i was pregnant last month i felt sick all day every day crazy veins in my boobs could smell everything period was a day late lots of BFN test so started my second round.

• Options

Hanna46 that sounds crazy. 

Hooe This time works for you too

• Options

Any luck for you mrs BeeL? I finally came on this week wahoo

• Options

Yeah it was so strange, i think maybe i just got ahead of myself thinking i was pregnant because i fell on first round in 2014,

my doctor hasn't even done a scan or day 21 bloods just said as i had not conceived after 14 months he wanted me to start clomid again.

I was on another site and everyone was saying they have scans and bloods every cycle so im unsure why my doc has not sugested this to me.

• Options

Hanna I don’t think any of us on here have had scans and bloods every month. 

I had them cycle 1 for the first lot of chlomid and I’ll have them cycle 2 on this second lot of chlomid. (Had 3 cycles then 2 month break, on cycle 1 now of second lot)

Lise - I’m so pleased! It took its time but glad it’s finally here! 

im 12/13dpo. Had some af like cramp feelings 10dpo and thought I was coming on but still haven’t and I usually have a 12/13 day luteal so maybe it’ll come tomorrow. too many emotions today and shattered so defo think af is coming. 

• Options

Hanna I didn't have any monitoring at all either and I also already have a child I was told it was because I'm a fertile candidate that it wasn't necessary due to already having a child so perhaps you're the same. Especially if you responded to Clomid with your first. I didn't respond at all to the two rounds I did. 

Ahh Mrs BeeL don't lose hope you're not out this month till she shows 

• Options

Thankyou everyone i had a scan in 2012 they said i had pcos did lots of blood test decided i was not ovulating told me to try for a further 6 months then started me on clomid, they did a day 21 blood test then i fell pregnant, i guess somthing just feels different this time i have so many side effects where as first time round i had no side effects at all just makes me feel its not working this time. Im trying to catch up and read back through everyones up to date situations on this thred so i can join in the general convos lol x

• Options

hanna Just chip in and ask questions - don’t worry too much - I’ve just seen how many posts and views we have on this one!

lise - I guess im still hoping im Not out yet but I know this feeling only too well!

• Options

Any luck Mrs BeeL? My af is nearly done was dreading this one post lap but it's actually not been too bad! Lovely and sunny here too so I'm good spirits 

Emy Lou how are you? 

• Options

Well no af so far so think I’ll be testing tomorrow...

• Options

Ooh let us know how it goes fx for you Mrs BeeL :-)

• Options

I’ve been waiting for af for 3 days now but knowing my luck it’ll show tomorrow!

i‘ll post When I know. (Unless I’m celebrating with dh- then you’ll all have to wait!!!)