Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First month on Clomid - any advice?

Replies

• Options

I don't know how you've resisted testing!

• Options

Well after 2 years and 4 months of trying... I used to test so much but I decided it wasn’t helping me to Keep getting bfn and then dealing with af as well I decided one was enough! So made a decision to only test when I had properly missed af. And my luteal is shorted so know it still needs to be at least 14dpo ... tomorrow will be 15/16 dpo depending on when I actually ovulated... and I genuinely keep thinking af is coming... keep going to the loo to check etc! So we’ll see in the morning which is right!

dh is pretty convinced this is it and I keep trying to prepare him that it’s not and af will be here any minute!

• Options

But on the other hand I’ve never been late with chlomid before...

• Options

Bless you sorry I completely understand that I really thought I was pregnant this month with af taking so long.

I think I felt ovulation this month and the time between that and af showing is 15/16 days (day 1 of af being 16) do you think it's right I felt it or just co incidence? I was at the cinema and it was a strange feeling one side of ovaries n I just made a mental note of the date. 

• Options

I get the feeling with chlomid so know exactly what you mean!!!

• Options

Ooh hopefully im ovulating then or I did this month! I checked back on my app to see when we dtd and we did the day I felt it and after but not before :-( it's so hard to know when I don't ovulate regularly n I get too obsessed and worked up with the sticks 

• Options

I can feel ovulation i get like bad period cramp and pain but only on my left side, lets hope this months a better month for all of us x

• Options

Hanna this was on my left side it wasn't period like pain though it only lasted a minute and was more twinge like if that makes sense

Yeah we need some luck and good news on here soon 

• Options

Mine starts of crampy then its like the pain i get when i have a stich .

• Options

Ahh yeah this was a bit stitch like im going to note it down next time. 

• Options

I use ovulation sticks although people say not to use them if you have pcos and taking clomid , i find there spot on when ever i get the intense pain on the left side i do a test and its usually positive or the second lines not quite as dark as top then turns positive around 10-12 hours later.

• Options

I've never seen a positive on an ovulation stick, even bought the clear blue ones and only saw high fertility never peak don't know if it's my pcos or what :-/

• Options

its good news ladies!!!!

• Options

Omg congratulations im so happy for you 💞

• Options

Wahoo had a feeling it would be your month huge congratulations :-)

• Options

Congratulations!!! Hope it all goes well for you! :) 

• Options

Thank you all :)

• Options

Wow MRSrsBeeL such great news!! Finally!!!! Soooo pleased for you! I can’t believe it!!!!! Are you over the moon?  Xx

iv just failed my first ivf :( didn’t even make it through the 2WW without AF. Not sure what’s next for us now.

hows everyone else? 

• Options

Oh Emy Lou I'm so sorry to hear that :-( sending you a huge virtual hug. I could cry for you I really don't know what to say I'm so sorry 

I've just had my first cycle post lap and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be just got to hope I can start ovulating on my own. My next appt is 9th Aug so not too long to wait really. 

• Options

emyLou im so sorry :( do you get another cycle?

i think it’s not sunk in yet. Just dealing with the symptoms and trying to get my diet right now!