Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First month on Clomid - any advice?

Replies

• Options

What symptoms are you getting Mrs BeeL? 

• Options

They’re just like pms symptoms really but a bit more. Cramping, weeing every 5 seconds, boobs are agony. And absolutely completely and utterly exhausted! i Also don’t have much appetite (opposite of pms!), apart from wanting sweet things which is not usual for me at all - I’m a savoury girl. 

• Options

Huge Congrats Mrs BeeL, what wonderful news!🎉💕👶🏼 Xxx

• Options

Hey how's everyone doing? 

• Options

Im on the dreaded 2 week wait 😣

• Options

Aww fingers crossed Hanna46 gave you just started 2ww? Did you do Clomid this cycle? Sorry so many different scenarios on here now lost track a little 

I'm still trying on my own after two failed Clomid did nothing for me, back at consultant on 9th Aug 

• Options

Yes this was my 2nd round with clomid, i have 10 days left to wait i have not had any symptoms this month so im not hopfull at all 😑, what day in the cycle are you on? Fingers crossed itl be good news for us this month x

• Options

Did it make you ovulate on your first round? I'm cycle day 15 bit that doesn't mean anything to me really cos my cycles are long just got to hope I ovulate on my own again this month cos I think I did last month even though it was a long cycle 

• Options

I definatly ovulated last month i felt it and had positive opk on day 13 had all the preg symptoms going was 1 day late but then period came, ive not had any side effects of the clomid this month i just hope i dont get the horrible sicky feeling again this month without a BFP or il be gutted x

• Options

Have they given you many rounds? I was given 6 I think but never took the 3rd one as the previous 2 didn't make me ovulate so had lap etc instead. 

I felt really sick this last cycle too and as it had been so long I'd got my hopes up..but onwards to the next cycle I am ...got to keep positive even though it's really hard it'll be so worth it in the end 

• Options

I have been given 3 rounds at 50mg and been told if i dont fall on my first 3 rounds they will give me another 3 rounds at 100mg. I had a positive opk on day 13 but didnt get my usual ovulation pain so im really unsure this month x

• Options

Hope the 2ww goes quickly for you :-)

Really pleased I've got the group now time keeps ticking by each month, so many threads gave no replies on hoping this one doesn't go silent 

• Options

Me to i started another thread only had 1 reply so glad i joined this one, well were in the 2week wait together so i wont be going anywhere.x

• Options

I doubt I've ovulated yet my shortest cycle was 39 days I tend to average around 55. I don't do opks etc found it too obsessive and deflating if I don't see a positive. We've got to all get there soon just hope we're all not waiting too much longer 

• Options

Oh thats pants my cycles used to be very hit and miss but the last 4 months they have been 28 - 37 days, i know what you mean about the opk's i used to do 2 a day every day untill i got a positive, this month i only tested on day 13 and 14, i was so bad last month took 2 pregnancy test every day from 10dpo untill my period came i was very obsessed, ive decided im not testing untill day of missed period from now on x

• Options

That's good was there anything in particular that's made them more frequent or do you think it's the Clomid? It does get me down that they're so far apart cos most people have 2 in the time I've had 1 over a year that's 6 missed months :-(

Yeah it's definitely worth leaving it till missed period...it gets expensive too doesn't it? X

• Options

I think its the clomid before i would have a period then miss maybe 2 or 3 down to my pcos, i understand how you feel ive been through the same when trying for my 1st in 2009 took 2 years in that 2 years i only had 6 periods thats when i found out i had the pcos, all we can do is remain positive and buy the cheap early detection test lol (i get mine on amazon 30 for £5) x

• Options

I was the same with my son took just over 2 years due to pcos and lack of periods.  I fell pregnant at a v low weight hence them now telling me to lose weight despite not being overweight. Really pushing myself this month due to going on holiday soon and wanting a good weight loss for my next appt. 

• Options

Hey ladies. Just wanted to say I’m still checking in on here and can’t wait for some more bfps!

lise - I’m convinced loosing some weight was what did it for me so fx it works for you. 

I had an early scan today to check everything was in the right place as I have a blocked tube and everything was fine, and we even saw a heartbeat which is rare at 5+6!

fx for you all

• Options

MrsBeeL thats great news im so pleased for you i lost weight with all my pregnancies didnt put any extra weight on till around 24 weeks.

Lise - i spoke to soon the dreaded sicky feeling is back on a + note only 6-8 days left to wait im not holding my breath this month tho not feeling very positive at all x