Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 10

Replies

• Options

Oh Butterfly I'm so sorry that's happened I really feel for you :( I'd be crushed if hubby said that to me although I know we are on a time limit as I'm 39 and he's 40. We'll probably try for 1 year then stop but it will take me a while to come to terms with it all:/

If he's 44 he defo needs to be aware that his sperm aren't getting any younger so might be worth broaching that subject gently with him! As you say might take a year to fall pg anyway.

Defo need an evening deciding what you both would like and hope for in the near future.

good luck hun xxx😘

• Options

Oh Butterfly I am so sorry your having to go through that. I would be devastated if my hubby said he wanted to stop trying! Like you said you never know how long it will take to actually get a baby anyway. 

Maybe give him some space in case it is the pregnancy paraphernalia that is freaking him out and gently broach the subject that it could be over a year till the baby arrives anyway so you may as well keep trying once hes had some time to think.

Good luck! xxxx 

• Options

Seems he has made his mind up and that is it... he just switches off when I try and broach anything to do with the technical side of TTC.... I am 36 he is 44... both on time limits. I wouldn't mind so much if we had kids already, but we don't have any... :(

He just hasn't got a clue really - am leaving him to it - this is what happens when men get together right.... logic goes out the window. 

Hoping he will come to his senses. There is no way I am PG this month I fear.... although I have no idea when I OVd - thought it was yesterday by FF is saying no because of my temps - may as well throw everything in the bin now! :(

If he doesn't change his mind I fear its curtains for us, because I can't be with someone who can just come to a decision like that without any thought for me and to just say that's it and then ask me why I am upset!!!! unreal really.

• Options

Thats what I thought, and I did try that tact but he didn't want to know - he is incredibly stubborn and gets on the defensive very quickly..

Am just not talking about it anymore - tried to say look how long it took this time.... but he didn't want to know.

I am not using condoms, so he will just have to go without sex!!!! If that means us splitting up, then so be it!

• Options

Really hope it doesnt come to that:( xxx

• Options

My Heart goes out to you Butterfly, its the last thing you need after suffering your loss. I really hope that it all works out for you!

We dont have any kids yet either so I know how desperate you must feel, I just couldn't live without at least even trying to have a family.

Sending lots of love xxxx 

• Options

Yeah me too - was just such a kick in the guts..... each time I have tried to talk about stuff he has kind of just switched off, then last night over dinner he just announces it like that in a restaurant full of people and wondered why I was upset and didn't want to talk about it!

I really don't know any more.

To make things worse, today I have been getting weird PG symptoms again like last time when I was PG - sickness, dizzy, hot flashes, funny taste, heartburn, bloated. :( 

• Options

and sore boobs.. :(

• Options

Oh well you never know :) can't help it if you happen to be already!!

He'd come around

• Options

yeah - killing me not knowing when i ovulated.... been cramping for days. we shall see!!!

• Options

Butterfly- I really feel for you, I hope he changes his mind.  my partner keeps saying it when we argue but I ignore him and he carries on doing it with me without protection. I can imagine how frustrating it is for you especially near ovulation, xxx

• Options

yep i know!!!! we shall see, but I am not using protection!!! Would rather go without!

• Options

Hi butterfly I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope he comes around soon and hope you can get this sorted and make him see sense.. 

Hi Ladies hope everyone is feeling ok, I'm not doing to bad sickness hasn't kicked in yet or any other symptoms, I'm not complaining as long as baba is ok and comfy I don't care.. I have doctors on Tuesday so I can be referred to the midwife so hopefully won't be long before I get an appointment xxxx 

• Options

Hi ladies, so have just come back from our private gender scan. Looks like its a pink one 💗🎀 very happy! Also had a sneak peek of 3d

Baby dust to all xxx

• Options

HLE90 lovely picture and a gorgeous little girl what a lovely way to start the weekend:)!!💞

• Options

HLE90 how exciting and a great pic! Congratulations on your little girl :) xxx

• Options

Congratulations on your little princess, and your scan pic is lovely xxxx 

• Options

Congratulations HLE! Xx

• Options

Wow fantastic pic of you Lil princess Hle congratulations.I forget when are you due x x

• Options

Thanks everyone, not due until the 3/3/17 but am going to be requesting a c section if I can so may well be before. Still such a long way to go, I just hope it goes quickly and with no nasty surprises xx