Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

All the photos are making my heart melt 😍😍😍 ive actually had to by a new phone with bigger memory because I can't stop taking pictures 😂

I've had the photos back from our photo shoot, orginally our wedding photographer took some photos for us but then a local photographer was looking for a newborn baby boy to model some props so we ended up with the studio one for free 😊 ive actually had to buy

• Options

How's everyone's little'ns doing with weight gain. Seven was born at 7lb 3 then dropped down to 6lb 6 within a few days but I had him weighed the other day at 5 weeks 4 days and he was 10lb 14 😳 He isn't following the curve and just jumps up the centile chart 😂 Such a fatty, he's got a proper double chin and thigh rolls. I'm not surprised really, I feel like all I do is feed him and my milk supply is through the roof because of it! 

Oh and he doesn't let me put him down at all so I treated myself to a Tula carrier and he spends 90% of his time in it! It's deffo my best baby buy!

• Options

Boots, how could you NOT buy those photos - they're amazing. And got to say, you look rather glowing too! Seven has made a cracking weight gain, but if you're concerned, just have a chat with whoever weighs him next?

• Options

Thankyou Sio xx

Can't believe I spent most days on here with you girls and now all out pregnancies are over!

How's everyone doing with night feeds? We're up every 3 hours as a rule..he did go 5 hours once but it was a total fluke 😂😂

• Options

Hi everyone, we would love for you to come and tell us if you had a best or worst trimester, during your pregnancy over on this new thread. We'd ❤️ to hear from you! 

• Options

So many lovely pics!! Jazzy... you are beautiful!!! 😍 And Boots... what a little chunker you have haha!! Hudson is the same. 7 weeks today (what the hell!!!!!) and he was weighed last week and came in at 11.11oz 😂So prob a good 12lb now! He's in 0-3 clothes! 

Sio your boy is an absolute beaut too!!! 

Is anyone else broody!!?? weve said when Hudson is 1+ we're gonna start trying again haha!

• Options

Boots those pics are great. thats great weight gain. Would nurse not say if they thought it was too much when weighing. Cian was 7.1 when born. Dropped an ounce in hospital lol. At six week check up he was 9.5lb so he's 8 weeks now and a lot heavier. 

Jazzy we feed every four hours all day. I thought we might be able to drop the killer 3am feed but he was like a lunatic the next day when we tried. Feels like  will never drop it. I wish we could. I do that feed as oh has to go to work but I'm always awake for a couple of hours after. 

smile  can't imagine having another. Certainly not yet. I'm finding it tough at the moment just getting to grips with it all. 

• Options

Hi All, 

image Some gorgeous pics being shared love em . As for night feeds xavier is finally in a routine at one point he just would not settle at all but now we are every 2-3 HOURS.  I have always been a feed on demand mama so do the same with him even at that he still gets the same amount of milk in 24 hours as I ff him. He weighed 12lb 9ozs at 5 n a half weeks. I will be getting him weighed again on thursday he will be 7 n a half weeks then.

The girls had their school pic on Monday and I took Xavier and Raven along to for group pic see proof attached.

As for having more and feeling broody nope 6 is enough, I'm gonna wait for grand babies now in the very distant future or for my brothers to make me an aunt finally. X

• Options

Beki1983, what a gorgeous pic - your kids have the best names - what are all the others called too? 

• Options

I'm not broody just yet, my husband is though But he didn't have to deal with a very sucky pregnancy and a traumatic birth 😑

The health visitors just keep saying his weight will even out but he's becoming a right little chubster 🙈

We're currently battling with what we think is silent reflux and trying to find the right medication for him, he's such a happy little pickle most of the time though, his smiles and giggles melt my heart! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we were just wondering, have you had a newborn photo shoot? If you have, we would love for to share the pics on this new thread here. Thank you! 

• Options

Thanks Danielle.... we like to be different,  I was one of 5 Rebeccas at school and hated it and hubby is Michael he didn't like there being so many either. So we go for different names,e ldest to youngest we have Akela 9, Skylar 8, Kara 6, Lexi-Beau 4, Raven 17 months and Xavier 7 weeks. We loved Lexi but as it's common we added Beau.

Love the smiley pic boots. X

• Options

Boots - that pic is SO adorable! 
    Beki, those are amazing names - love them all! 

How's everyone coping with the visitors - have they stopped coming now?

While we're here, we were hoping you would tell us, when you had your baby, did you use sanitary towels, maternity pads, or something else entirely for the post-birth bleeding? Please do come and let us know on this thread here - we'd love to hear from you. 

• Options

imageour little lady lyra at 7 weeks old we find out tomoz how much she weighs now but she feel like a chunk now she love smiling and been spoke to ... heard a little giggle out of her yesterday .. but we have noticed what we think is a hernia on her belly button x 

• Options

Wow Youngmum, 7 weeks already! Lyra is gorgeous. Have you been to the GP about her hernia? They seem to be quite common. 

Hi everyone else too, when you were preparing to give birth, did you read a book about it, maybe you did a hypnobirthing course, or did you something else? Please do come and tell us how you got ready for birth on this new thread here. We'd love to hear from you.

Also, if you've not entered this sponsored discussion yet, there's a few days left before it closes and there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs: just tell us on this thread here, the best advice you had from your folks. 

• Options

Hello, we would love for to come and tell us, how long after the birth of your baby, did it take for you to decide on your baby's name? Please do come and tell us on this thread here. Thank you.

• Options

Aww those photos are fab! Our babies are changing so much!!

We are in a pretty decent routine finally at 9weeks today,  Rocco has started to take hardly any milk in the night but seems to wake still, I just cuddle him back to sleep. So I'm hoping this is the start of a potential full nights kip Haha! 

I am a little broody if I'm honest but i don't think I'd want 4, it's the financial impact when they get older which bothers me. My eldest is 6 and wants a play station for Christmas! Argh! 

• Options

Oops forgot to mention..we have silent reflux too, it was a rubbish time as I noticed Rocco had colic so switched to Dr Brown bottles straight away and we noticed a huge difference then he started bringing all feeds up. I didn't even bother with my gp as I phoned the hv and she said they'd only ask me to try changing his milk first before considering meds so I moved to aptamil reflux and were all good now! Must say tho, I'm sure it's not as simple as that for everyone so you have my sympathies as it isn't nice!!

• Options

imageimage

Morning Ladies and little friends,  I am 8 weeks old today and sooo tired as I kept mummy up from 3am.

Love Xavier XxX 

• Options

Beki1983, we love those pics of Xavier - he doesn't look like a newborn anymore - where is the time going? 

Hi everyone else too - how are you all doing? We'd love to hear how you're getting on.

We've just started a new thread about private early pregnancy scans, and if you've had one, we would love to hear from you on this thread here. 

Also, today is your last chance to enter this sponsored discussion about advice you've had from your parents - there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs! That thread is here.