Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second Trimester November - January

Replies

• Options

I was a uk size 8 and quite fit before I fell pregnant.  I’m struggling so much with the weight gain. My diet has been appalling so it’s not surprising but I can’t help it! Most of the time I’m just looking fat with no waist rather than pregnant. I just tried on my swimsuit for my spa day in December and I feel like a beached whale 😪 I’m so happy I’m pregnant but I never expected to feel so undesirable

• Options
    Sunshine I had the opposite issue when I’m not pregnant I have so many body imagine issues but when I’m pregnant I just think we I’m going a tiny human as long as it’s healthy I’ll try and be as healthy as I can... which is hard when your tastes change.

im also suffering headaches im glad someone has mentioned it as I thought it was just me !
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 25, 2019 9:03PM
    @Sunshine8888 I am glad I’m not the only one struggling with this. I am a size 2 and it’s been really hard to see that I’m already gaining a little weight in my thighs. I wasn’t even this self conscious with my son, but it’s hitting me hard with this pregnancy. I think it also has to do with my hormones making me feel sad, but it’s been a struggle. I love having a baby bump, so I’m not worried about my belly getting big, but it’s the widening hips that come with pregnancy that’s making it hard on me 😔😔😔 of course I am SO happy to be pregnant, but it’s hard not to get upset about the weight gain and body changes. I’ve also been feeling undesirable too like my husband won’t find me attractive when I’m pregnant, even though we have had a baby together already and he never treated me any different when I had a big bump 
  • Options
    I’m certainly bugger than most of you; I was a US 14 when I got pregnant this time, but have always struggled with weight and body image. Pregnancy can be so difficult and I don’t feel like a lot of people talk about the harder parts. Our body’s change so much. They’ve been one way most of our adult like and then BAM, wider hips, larger (saggier after birth) breasts, bigger thighs, the belly, the stretch marks. Some of its temporary and some of it, at least for me, didn’t ever change back. 
    I think this time around I’m finding it a bit easier, but it’s still hard. 
    Take my advice for what it’s worth, try not to worry about the number on the scale or the size you have to wear and focus on the baby. I’ve always just asked my hubby about it, like does the belly turn you off (if they’re smart, they know just what to say to make us feel better). And talking about it helps. Knowing I’m not alone on my journey and no matter what I’m feeling someone else feels the same, is very comforting to me. 
    Lots of hugs ladies, these hormones don’t last forever 
  • Options
    @Kleor @Rockinmom2 @Lillian2410 I've had headaches on and offf the last couple of weeks too. They're quite painful sometimes but I've put it down to hormones, not drinking enough water and tiredness. My blood pressure was checked 2 weeks ago and it was normal so I'm not too worried. I'm just trying my best to make sure I'm drinking enough water and not doing too much. 

@Sunshine8888  @Rachel.a21 I've been struggling a bit also, I was quite an athletic person. I've played hurling (Irish sport) since I was 9 and apart from when I had a broken wrist and ankle (separate occasions) this is the longest I haven't played for. I'm hoping once I have a more noticeable bump I won't be as bothered by it, I just feel like a blob at the moment.
  • Options
    I did a bit of googling last night and think that the headache might be down to caffeine withdrawal. I've cut down on caffeine since finding out I was pregnant but normally have at least one cup of tea or coffee a day and yesterday I had none and think that might be the cause.

I've actually been enjoying feeling curvier (and having slightly bigger boobs!!) Strangely though, I still haven't really put on any weight. Wish I had, would give some sort of reassurance that things are progressing as they should. Boyfriend and mum both think my bump is getting bigger but I feel it's not, maybe I'm just getting used to it... 

Petrified and excited in equal parts about my next midwife appointment - just 3 days wait now. 
  • Options
    I definitely enjoy the bigger boobs lol I am pretty flat chested, so it’s nice to actually have boobs 😂
  • Options
    Totally with you ladies on being body conscious atm. I worked so hard the last 18 months to lose 3 stone. Now it’s creeping back on it’s freaking me out. Which I know is crazy cuz it’s normal to gain weight now but not enjoying the podgy feeling. Looking forward to having a proper bump as I hope I’ll feel less podge and more pregnant! 
    I think my bump is starting to come out now...13+6 x

• Options
    That’s a cute bump @MillP x

my boobs were already big so they didn’t need to be getting any bigger! They’re still so sore as well!! 

I’m getting on for 18 weeks now. I can’t believe I’m nearly half way through. Just hope little baby is ok! Can anyone feel movement yet without feeling for it? 

I’m no bigger bump wise than I was a few weeks ago - I sort of thought I’d get slowly bigger each week! I can’t tell if I’m just getting used to it though so not really noticing?  I’ll do another bump update at some point 
  • Options
    Hey girls, 

I need to try and catch up on the chats been awol recently not been feeling 100% and work has been taking it out of me, I've been in my bed by 7 the last couple of nights.

Today is scan day and I am so so nervous, keeping everything crossed for some good news and being finally able to see the little one. Just another couple of hours to go.

How is everyone doing today?
  • Options
    Adorable @MillP!!! 

@Sunshine8888 my bump looks the same as well and no movement here. My Dr yesterday said not to worry at all, still quite a few weeks before anything is consistent. I’m just holding on to that haha. My bump also seems about the same, I’ll probably share one again in two weeks (at 20). I can feel it getting harder though. We did a tiny ultrasound yesterday and baby is stretched out under my belly button and taking up about 5-6 inches across my belly. I can’t wait for my actual scan 🥰

@Chellefish Good luck today! Which scan is this for you? 

My appointment last night went well, feeling less anxious again after hearing baby’s heartbeat. I also can’t believe it’s almost halfway done! I’m spending the day prepping for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Exhausting! But it will be nice to have hubby home from work a few extra days 
  • Options
    I think my baby kicked me today! It felt like a little muscle spasm, it didn’t hurt but I was sat at my desk and felt something. Being my first baby I don’t know what to expect really. For those who know what movement feels like... do you think that could have been baby? The last couple of weeks I’ve felt the occasional flutter with my hand but nothing else. I’m 17+4 today.

@Rockinmom2 ahh that’s so lovely, I can’t wait to see baby again. Enjoy thanksgiving, that’s exciting! 

@Chellefish hope scan goes well today xx
  • Options
    Hey yes I have been kicked a few times and it defo feels like a muscle spasm ... I feel baby almost everyday some days more than others... I’m 16 weeks today and had my midwife appointment .. I got the same talk about not being able to hear baby’s heartbeats but he gave it a go and it was easy lovely regular heartbeat... I know we only heard it last Friday but still lovely to hear. He said my fundal height is a little higher than expected which I think I already knew but it’s not a concern in anyway they don’t measure at this stage but nice to know it is all uterus and no me being a fatty lol 😂 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I first felt my son at 18 weeks and it almost felt like he was knocking twice on my uterus lol I haven’t felt this one yet, but I’m just 16 weeks today. Also, totally normal about your bump. Once it really pops out is when you’ll notice it getting bigger each week. Mine “popped” at about 22 weeks with my son and then you notice the gradual changing more 
  • Options

@Sunshine8888 here’s me with my son at 22 weeks when my belly popped out. It really happens overnight!
  • Options

12 week scan done all seems so surreal was crazy to see the little one move about so much. Lying on its belly to start I had to go running up and down the stairs to move it to get measurements.  So I’m now 13+4 a week ahead from midwife initial dates and a couple days ahead of where I thought I was.   All good so far just cooking away. 
  • Options
    Think I've been feeling some fluttery movement today very much on the right side, almost at my hip bone, quite low. Is it possible that baby could be so far to one side?
  • Options
    @Kleor yes it is possible. Mine has been more on my right side as well 
  • Options
    Right side for me too! 

Congrats @Chellefish x
  • Options
    Can someone please help me with what baby moving feels like I keep getting this pulsey feeling in my lower belly like just above my vagina bone but if I’m honest it doesn’t feel fluttery at all it’s like a sharp pain but not a pain it’s so hard to explain!