Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Options
    Does anyone have an issue with their baby climbing out of things? Brodie can get out of her joie spin car seat, I've strapped her in so tight though, don't feel I could do it any tighter! And she gets out of her high chair straps and stands up in it. She gives me the fear!! 
  • Options
    Oh wow col, no Logan can't escape yet. We don't strap him into his high chair but a couple of times he has lunged forward but he screams if we do. Thankfully no issues with car seat. 

Took him for jags today, he has a cold so only had 2 today, I hadn't realised it was 4!!! So to go back in 4 weeks for others. So far so good! He didn't get the MMR as he hadn't had it before but the ones he did get he has had before. 
  • Options
    Just noticed this, sorry Jen !How is Logan now? 

How's everyone else doing? Wee Evie will be one next week won't she? How is she feeding now? Brodie has really improved with eating, finally! She's also mastered a few cups now as I put some strawberry flavour powder into her milk and she loves it! I don't do it all the time obviously but it was just to get her using the cup as she would previously just chuck it away in disgust!! 😂 She drinks weak diluting juice but not keen on water alone at the moment. 

How's everyone getting on working and keeping on top of everything? 
  • Options
    Arden had his 1 year jags on Wednesday and he has been rubbish so far 🙈 his sleep has been massively affected and he has conjunctivitis FML. Also cutting his top teeth they’ve been bulging for about 10 days
    Also we got his hair buzzed for the 1st time because it was needing cut every 4 weeks and now he looks like an 8 year old 😭

hope you’re all doing well and those with jags are doing better than us! 
  • Options
    You have an amazing memory @colpage127 shes one next Tuesday 😭 absolutely loving this stage though and she’s practicing walking all day long, she loves it! Still got a way to go but so proud.

yay! So glad Brodie’s eating better & enjoying the cups! Evie is too but very small amounts Of food (apart from brekkie)... but then she is the size of an 8 month old so 🙄

we’ve dropped her down to 3 bottles and she does really well on the ones she does have and drinks water really well too! Naps are still hit and miss but I think the walking is wearing her out so Hopefully just one of those phases again! 

AMAZING NEWS with Evie and daddy. I had my first KIT day (which I really enjoyed) and Rvie was absolutely fine, she will take bottle of daddy even when I’m there, she let him have her in the carrier all day at the zoo and they go out for a few hours on their own every weekend, it’s a blooming miracle. Taken us a year and it’s been blooming hard for me & daddy but we are finally there! She’s just a mummy’s girl when we’re all together. 

Arden looks so grown up!!! 
    I’m dreading the jabs. I might get mum to take her 😂 I swear Evie’s had a cold since November! 

• Options
    Oh my days, look at wee Arden! 😊 He suits his hair like that but yeah he does look like he's not a baby anymore 😭 I haven't rearranged the jags yet and not in a hurry. Since brodie had hand foot and mouth I just want her to be back on her feet properly first! 

We are still in 6 to 9 month clothes Zoe so you're not alone! Although think we might finally be moving on soon. Brodie still isn't walking but not far away. Just needs to have confidence to let go! 
    Aww I'm so happy for you that Evie is managing to spend time with Simon .. And even enjoying it! Will be such a massive relief for you!! ❤️ 
  • Options
    My eldest daughter was 15 last week .. She's doing an art study at school and had to choose a theme and she chose her sister. 😍 Just thought I would share her painting with you. It isn't finished but it's the beginning of a collection of Brodie's things! I love it. They just adore each other... And to think I was worried about the age gap! 

• Options
    Aw col that's amazing! I would be a bubbling wreck at how lovely that is! 

We have the health visitor out on Thursday so looking forward to seeing how Logan has actually grown! Some of his trousers are 18-24 months!  He's constantly furniture walking but if you try and hold his hands to walk him he just sits down.

Poor Arden, Logan was affected really badly and both sites on his legs swelled up with the Jags. Not as bad as cooper though! 

Love Arden's hair as well, definitely losing his babyness! I don't want to cut Logan's just now cos I love his wee curls too much although sometimes his bed head makes him look like an oompa loompa 😂
  • Options
    Awww theyre all growing up so much and too quickly!!

Hope they all ok after their jabs. 

Wow doesnt he look grown up. Andy wants to cut Coopers hair, as he has a mullet on one side at the back, grown longer in his left side 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

He doesnt sit down now and very rarely crawls. But has little bow legs, looks so funny. Runs around constantly. 

Fab progress with Evie and Daddy. Bet hes loving it now.

Those of you who have been abroad with the little ones, what swim nappies did you use? Looking at the amount we're going to need for an 11 day hol 🙈 extortionate.
  • Options
    We used the Huggies ones for a 7 day hol, ended up using one pack and then one nappy out a second pack which I had picked up in the airport. 

I did notice loads of babies in the water in just normal nappies though. Also Aldi had some reusable nappies and I'm sure there were swim nappies too if you want to check them out too. 
  • Options
    Ah that's not too bad then. 
    Will have a look at the reusable ones. I have seen some you jusy put over a normal nappy. 
  • Options
    How's everyone doing? 

This is Brodie finally getting back to her wee smiley self after the world's longest cold! 

• Options
    Aw look at that gorgeous smile Brodie! 
    We are doing ok, were at a birthday party today. Although we had a bit of a puke fest last night, requiring 2 bed changes and me running out of sheets 
  • Options
    Jags totally messed arden up but he’s just about back to normal. Was running around tonight with a swim nappy on his head 

w

We still only have the 2 teeth! Top ones have been bulging for weeks. Anyone else dentally challenged? 

• Options
    Hello everyone, Emily's jabs have been delayed because the day she went in for them she had chickenpox 🙈
    All the toddlers look so cute and so big. Emily got 4 teeth at the top over christmas, thought she wasnt getting any more. She has been poorly with one thing or another since she started nursery. She is starting to get a proper character, if I ask for a kiss, she cuddles in to me then opens her mouth 💕
  • Options

• Options
    All good here after a nasty 2 weeks.
    Skye had an accident on a bouncy castle which resulted in a trip to a and e by ambulance with my mum. At the same time i was being admitted to hosp to have a miscarriage medically managed. Then to top it off i had a bad cold/flu virus for 2 weeks which combined with the miscarriage literally had me bed bound. But all good now.
    Was my #3 3rd birthday today, so been a packed day with party then family visiting. And Cooper is poorly with his chest and bad eczema flare up needing antibiotics. Meant to be going to Sea life at Blackpool tomorrow to celebrate Skye's and the husbands birthdays. 

Cooper still only has 4 teeth too, but doesn't affect him eating, hes a human hoover.

Glad to see a smile back on  her face Col.

The jabs are nasty arent they, poor bubs.

Aww bless Emily Lou, how was she with them? Its constantly doing the rounds at nursery but Skye and Cooper still havent got them.

Sorry for the essay ladies xx
  • Options
    Aww Chelle, are you OK?!  Sounds like you've been through the mill. We still have 8 teeth, been like that for months although bad teething symptoms at the moment. 
  • Options
    Aw Chelle what a time of it. Hope you're ok. And Cooper feels better soon x
  • Options
    Chelle sending massive hugs to you! I’m glad your all better now though and normality can resume as much as poss. 
    I feel like we’ve had Illness after illness. The snot is never ending and shes currently got the poops! Never seen poop like it, absolutely explosive. 
    Evie still has no teeth! Literally no sign either... she’s not dribbly or anything, her gums are bumpy but I can’t see any teeth at all! 

We’re having a party today for Evie’s Birthday whoohoooo! All prepared, just going to pick the cake up and we’re ready 

have a lovely Sunday!