Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How's everyone feeling? - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    @sas1101 Thank you for keeping me sane with your lovely and encouraging messages! <3 

I did not realise how much I craved my mum's voice and her sense of humour! As sending food in is allowed, I put her favourite cheese and chocolate into a cute, little gift bag (decorated with British cupcakes- flowers, union jacks) alongside with a little note, Vitamins (Seven Seas 50+) and an old holiday photo (25 years old), where my mum and I are cuddling and smiling. 

I speak to my husband every day, twice. He has just told me that he de-bearded himself. Oh no! I told him that we are stick with the phone conversation, I do not wish to see him "naked" like that, so NO Skype!!! :D 

As you suggested, I try to eat little and often, has worked so far! But I think I have lot some more weight... heyho.

I am OK on 6dpo, thanks, except from a little pain in my left ovary. I decided that I am going test this month- 12dpo, maybe. 
    I had my second PCR test today. Probably, the result will be sent to me in a couple of days' time. 

Ah! Bless you! Of course, I will check on you! You always check on me too! ;) 6+2? Already? This month has just flown by! 
    Are you hungry all the time? What do you crave? Anything weird flavour combination?

The 7th will be here soon! It is worth a try to ask if your husband can go in with you. But prepare yourself that they might be still very strict on his! :( Not ideal, far from it! As you said, maybe book a private scan. I have no idea about the cost (looking up now... around £100 maybe). My former colleague did the genetic one privately and she did not regret it and this way her husband was there with her. 
    xx
  • Options
    How are you @KiwiMoomin? Yes, we are here when you are ready! xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 yes I couldnt believe it they got me a card and put £85 in it! 😮 I started shaking a crying Haha they are all like my family too I'm going to miss them all but I defo needed to be off now, had another scan this morning placenta and cord blood flow seems good still but if baby is still under 10th percentile on my growth scan next tuesday they want to bring delivery on friday :( I'll be 37 weeks and I didnt want baby to come before he/she was ready :( so hoping and praying for a good growth next week! I also got a super cute picture of babies chubby cheek I'm soooo in love! 

@KiwiMoomin hope all is well!! xxx
  • Options
    Mounting girls

@Katie2202xx that is the most adorable scan picture, my heart melted. Such a chubby little cheek. Fingers crossed this baby piles on a few ounces! Please keep us updated 💕

@Remedios how are you going? How's things in Hungary? 12dpo sounds like a good time to test so it'll be this Sunday? Any signs? Xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 Hello, Have you tagged me in in 2WW forum as well? ;) 
    I have read that you are feeling down! Bless you! No! Convince yourself that everything will be fine. Please! I managed to talk myself into that my Mum could have pneumonia, and Covid. Here we go, she has got them both. No, no, no!!! Visualize positive things please! Honestly! Mind and body are connected. I will carrying on praying for you as well, you don't need to believe in it. I will do that for you! I feel strong today and that I can do it, my Mum can do it. You can too!! 

It is freezing cold here, but I have got my second negative Covid test result, so I do not care about -3 Degrees! :D 
    Yes, 12 dpo on Sunday. My temp is high, had a dip on 6dpo, but it does not mean anything. TMI, I feel more wet down there- that is a bit different, my right boob is hurting, but again that is not unusual... 

What about you? I guess, you cannot wait Monday to come. Neither can I; for you and that is my Mum's Covid test day too!!! Fingers crossed! 

Lots of love!! xx
  • Options
    @Remedios aww I did..lol. I must have you on my mind 💕 That's my forum I started when I first started this journey over two years ago. All the girls have their babies on that forum and they still check in on .y time to time. 

That's for the words if encouragement, I'm trying my best to be positive and there are moments but there are also some anxious ones. I'm a nightmare 🙈 I'm better than i was at the weekend so there's some encouragement. 

Ohh that all sounds very encouraging! I knowmits hard to read into anything though for fear of being let down but a dipnat 6dpp sounds good! Eeekk Im going to pray for us both (not normally religious, I'm also Roman Catholic) for you to get your BFP and for my scan. Little Xmas gifts that we both deserve. Xxx
  • Options
    @sas1101 Ah bless you! <3 You must have! ;) 
    How lovely that you are still in touch with them after 2 years! I hope that we will do the same! :) 

I am glad that you are feeling better. It is very difficult to be able to stay positive all the day, every day. It is normal having ups and downs. It is also allowed to feel that way. ;) As long as it does not drive you crazy. Sometimes I do that to myself... 

Thank you! It is very kind of you! 
    Your scan is on Monday, so is my Mum's Covid test (long story, might tell you tomorrow), if that one is negative, she will be out of the Covid Ward.
    Maybe I should test on Monday too (instead of Sunday) and fingers crossed we all could celebrate! ;) 

The weekend is here soon... I cannot believe that this is my 6th night in Hungary!
    What are your plans? 
    How are the symptoms now?

Oh and most importantly :D : Have you put the tree up?
    xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 it's such a beautiful scan photo 😍 thankyou :) fingers crossed for good news on my next scan on Tuesday!
    Good luck for yours also 😁😁
  • Options
    Hi lovelies, oh my gosh, what a mad week I’ve had.  I feel like I’m only just starting to get my wits back and process things.  Huge apologies for not updating sooner and worrying anyone!!  I suspected I might need a bit of time to process my scan results, but not this long!

As it is, I’ve hardly had a moment to think, as life has just gone mental with Christmas prep, our ongoing house renovations, and a severe drain problem!  Not long after we got back from my scan, we had raw sewage flooding into our home!  I won’t bore you with all the torrid, smelly details, but we had to tag team throughout the night (for two nights) to manually siphon out the drain if it looked like it was going to overflow again, and potentially flood into our basement lounge.  United Utilities took three days to get out to us in the end, and it’s all just been a bit of a disgusting and exhausting blur!  

But all is ok now, and thankfully no major damage, as we managed to contain the flood to an unfinished section of our house renovation.  We may even receive a bit of compensation from United Utilities.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff!  To my immense surprise and joy, my 7 week scan went beautifully!  The sonographer took an eternal minute checking things over, before turning the screen and showing the baby, explaining the measurements, pointing out the yolk sack and heart beat flickering away.  Then she pans to the down and says ‘...and here’s the other one.’  I was speechless.  I was so deliriously happy to see one viable pregnancy, two just seemed insane and greedy!  ‘Twin A’ measured in at 150mm, ‘Twin B’ at 149mm.  Like an idiot, I totally forgot to ask about heart rates - I think just knowing they both had one was more than enough for me to take in at the time!

I had another scan (8 week) yesterday. The clinic assured me it was not because they were concerned about something, apparently it’s just their standard procedure with twins.  Both babies are still there, growing well (‘Twin A’ is a few days ahead of schedule, ‘Twin B’ is bang on target) with strong heart rates of 163 and 162bpm.  Of course, I now worry that ‘Twin B’ has fallen slightly behind their over achieving sibling (but is still doing really well!).  But I’ve got to remember they’re not identical twins, they’re going to be different sizes, the sonogram is not millimetre perfect, and one embryo was already slightly behind the other at transfer, and probably implanted a little later.  It DOES NOT mean ‘Twin B’ is starting to fail!  ...but that 12 week scan can not come fast enough!!!

OH is thrilled, and shocked, and scared, and too honest for his own good, and forever practical... the first thing he said to me when we got back to the car was: ‘Wow, you’re going to get huge.’ ....and then: ‘Shit, we’re going to need a new car.’ 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

I have been feeling all kinds of messed up, but mostly really GOOD messed up.  I think subconsciously I needed to wait until the 2nd scan before updating anything, as after the first scan it just didn’t feel real!  It STILL doesn’t feel real, but at least I know we’re progressing!  

...and I’m petrified!  I can’t quite get my head around HOW on Earth one copes with two at the same time!?!  But I can’t really let myself think too deeply on the realities of twins yet!  

Thank you all for thinking of me!  @sas1101, how are you holding up?  I can’t believe your scan is only a few days away now!!  I hope you’re better at keeping us all updated than I was!!!  I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting to read about your good news!  Do you mind me asking, are you hoping for twins?  I’ve been quite surprised by how negative many people are at the prospect (including my SIL!  She was horrified when my MIL suggested she might have twins for one of her pregnancies, as they do run in the family, and she was higher risk late 30s when conceiving).  I know it’s going to be an ENORMOUS, exhausting and scary challenge, but I can only see two babies as a blessing... but perhaps I only see it that way because of how hard I had to fight to get here?🤷🏼‍♀️  I SHOULD be excited to tell my in-laws our news... instead I think they may just dread the twin chaos about to be dumped on them! 🙈🤪

My almost non-existent symptoms have completely disappeared... I thought they’d be ramping up by now?!  But I really don’t feel pregnant at all!  I’m trying to enjoy being one of the ‘lucky ones’ not being sick, nauseous and dizzy, but it would at least be reassuring! 

@Remedios, I’m so sorry!  Your dear mum is really being put through it, and so are you.  You must be beside yourself with worry, but yes, keep the positive vibes going as much as you humanly can.  Your mum’s a fighter with such a strong spirit, and knowing you’re close by and advocating hard for her must be doing her state of mind the world of good!  My thoughts and heart really goes out to you.  I’ve got EVERYTHING crossed for you, on ALL counts!  

@Katie2202xx what a lovely scan image to treasure!  Wishing you all the very best for the times ahead!  It’s getting exciting now! XX

7 Week Scan Pix:
    This is Gummy Bear (Twin A)

And together with Jellybean (Twin B). Apparently they’re difficult to photograph together because Jellybean is tucked away at the back!

8 Week Scan Pix:
    Not really much to see, and couldn’t get a pic of them together this time, but I just like seeing the ‘Twin A’ and ‘Twin B’ printed on the scans! 😂

• Options
    @KiwiMoomin thank you so much for the update. I have been thinking about you lots so it was so lovely to wake up to your pair this morning. What a night mare you've had with the water situation! Glad to hear its sorted. 

Omg wooohooo congrats on your two little beans! Twins...that is amazing! Love your hubbys reaction about upgrading the car 😂 I completely understand your worry about other people's reaction but it's not about them it's about you and your hubby and you are both happy so that's all that matters. I read an interesting article on twin pregnancies just after my transfer, on the reaction that women have had when announcing a twin pregnacy.
    All I can say is some (they are in the minority) are so ignorant. Enjoy your twin bliss, it's such a blessing 🤰 

Will you be monitored a little closer now it's twins? Have you been in touch with the midwife. I forgot to ask you your EDD? 

I'm trying not to think about the twin possibility 🙈 like you were in trying to get to the scan and would be ecstatic to see one heartbeat. However, there has been a few instances where I've allowed myself to think about the possibility and I would be sooo happy but also petrified. Not about the pregnancy more about the practicalities when they arrive. I live away from my family  so worry about support flas they're not around the corner form me I'm worried about how I would look after one baby never mind two. Haha I know I would just do it but I'm so scared 🙈 

I've been panicking for a week now as my symptoms are so few and far between so it's contorting to know that you have two little beans and your symptoms have been the same. 

Xxx

• Options
    @Remedios how are you? How are things with mins testing? How are you feeling with regards to TTC? Anything new to report? Xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 The doctor couldn't answer my questions. His advise was to phone the National Health Centre. I have just done that. The policy says that without symptoms, after the first positive PCR, they need to wait 10 days before they mix the patient with others. There is no need to test her after 10 days. The quick test does not do anything anyway. Flipping a coin is more accurate! Really! 
    There is no need to the quick test in the hospital after 10 days, but I guess they will feel better about themselves (the funny thing is that my mum had about 5 negative quick tests, before the positive PCR, so what is the point again doing a quick test on Monday?!) Well, this organisation told me: There is none! NO point whatsoever... 

I am shaky, still worried. Every day before I speak to the Ward... but other than that, OK, thanks! I went out for a run in the snow yesterday! It was lovely! I needed a bit of stress free, "me" time. 

No pregnancy symptoms here- 10dpo. I will try a test on Sunday, or on Monday as it is our (yours, my mum's) official test day. ;)

How are you? What are the plans for the weekend?
    What time is your scan? 
    xx

• Options
    @KiwiMoomin
    What a wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you! I wish I could have twins! ;) 
    That is my aim, I don't know about my husband though. :) 

Gorgeous scan pictures!!! <3 I am incredibly happy for you! 

Also great news that the "smelly stuff" has been sorted out as well! ;)

With two, your hands will be full, but I am sure that you will love every minute of it. I know it is not the same, but I used to be sole charge full time (6am-7pm) nanny for twins. Hard work in one way, but rewarding at the same time. I had actually 2 jobs like that. First set of twins were 4 when I started to look after them and the others were a bit under 1 year. Both times a boy and a girl! I loved it! 

All the best for you with your health and counting the days until your next scan!

Thank you for your support and thoughts. I try to stay positive and sort the practical things out too! 

What did your husband say? Have you told the news to your daughter? What did she say?
    What a lovely Christmas you will all have! <3
    xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 Hello there, How is your weekend going? I hope you can relax and be mentally and emotionally ready for Monday!

Tonight, I noticed some cramp and little pinkish blood in CM... 11dpo... I guess it is not my month, but the symptoms are early for AF. Who knows what is happening with my hormones during this stressful time. I will test tomorrow and put an end to it. 
    xx
  • Options
    Morning @Remedios how are you? Did you test? I hope things are ok in Hungary and testing is going ok with you and your mum. We've just been given the lateral tests to test twice a week for work and if I get a positive I have to go for a PCR test. I really don't understand the logic of it as there are so many false positives and false negatives with these tests 🙈 

I'm ok l, thanks for asking. Anxiously waiting for scan tomorrow. My scan isn't until 3pm so I'll still work and finish early to attend. My symptoms are non existent at the moment so I'm hoping all is still ok. I had a dream last night we went for our scan in it was twins 🤪 I think it's definitely playing on my mind. Xx
  • Options
    Morning @sas1101, I am OK, thank you! But I have cramps, they come and go.
    I did "One Step" POAS test. BFN! Heyho... My temperature is still in the normal range, won't have AF tomorrow with this temp. It would be too early anyway. I am expecting AF on Wednesday (15dpo). 

My Mum started to have bad head aches a few days ago. I spoke to the doctor yesterday and she said that it has settled. Quick test for her tomorrow. Unnecessary, but this is the hospital's procedure.

Tomorrow will be a long day then. For you! (and I think for me as well.)
    What a lovely dream! I hope it will come true! <3 Tigers, I am believing in you two!!! ;)
    I cannot wait to hear your news!!! Did you ask about if partners are allowed? 
    Gosh, it sounded like a work Christmas party or a wedding invitation. :D 

How are you doing with your art and the Christmas bits? 
    xx
  • Options
    @Remedios bless you, I bet you are counting down the hours until you can see her again. So happy to hear the headaches have eased. You are doing so well being out there with all the Covid regulations. I take my hat off you to you ❤️

Ohh it's definitely early for your BFP and I've heard the one step giving later BFP as they're not a sensitive as they claim. Cramping on and off is a good sign. That was the thing that gave it away for me in my tww. I was cramping on and off from about 9dpo. Will you test again tomorrow?  

Thank you for your kind words, yes I called and asked last week but they said partners are not allowed but to call on the day as this may have changed. I can't see it changing in a few days but I'll try. 

I haven't really done any arty bits in a while. Work has been so busy and when I get in I have to take my nanna nap 🙈🤣 however, I have got and wrapped all my Xmas presents 👍🏻 

• Options
    @KiwiMoomin omg congratulations on 2 bundles of joy! that's amazing! ❤

@sas1101 Good luck for tomorrow 😁❤

@Remedios Glad to hear your mums headaches eased! Hoping she makes a speedy recovery! your doing really well over there!
    Also if testing early your best of using a first response, Sending you BFP vibes!! ❤

• Options
    @sas1101 Thank you for your kind words! 

Test and scan day today!!!  I hope you will receive the most wonderful news this afternoon! <3 It would be lovely if your husband could be there with you, but as you said not likely that they would change the rules on this, in few days' time. :( Maybe a private scan is the answer. 

AF is here. I am in shock. As I was expecting her for Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. Probably I ovulated a day early then. Who knows? Not great news! What do I do now?! In about 10-11 days my fertile window will start. My husband is in the UK (should carry on with probate and should not leave the house and dogs there), I am here. Even if/when we could travel, we would need to stay in quarantine in both countries... It is a mess. 

In the meantime of course, I really need to focus on my Mum's health & care. I am so hoping for a negative test! I desperately need some good news in this bad situation! 
    xx
  • Options
    @Katie2202xx Thank you! I am trying my best, I hope it is enough...

AF is here! I am in a pickle now. We might need to miss this precious 2nd month after HSG and not TTC. I am devastated. 
    Probably, now I need to focus on my Mum's health and care! <3

How are you? 3 weeks and you can meet your baby! It must be one of the most exciting feeling in the world! <3 xx