Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Omg seems so real seeing it in black and white on here 😊 7weeks to go. Baby shower next saturday and had scan tiday. Shes now weighing around 3lb 6 x

• Options

So exciting. Once u have had urs mojo it's all real for everyone that will be the start! I'm lying in bed watching my bump move around and it's amazing. Lots of people seem to be pregnant just now or having babies (maybe I'm just more aware than normal) and seeing baby pics etc just makes me so so excited. off work for a bit from next week took 3 days next week and 3 days the week after as its my birthfay so I thought some time off would be nice and also we have our wee baby moon to Lake District to go on :) xx

• Options

Oooooh i love the lake district fee 😊

Anyone gettin braxton hicks yet. My god there happening alot now

xx

• Options

Yes it all seems more real now ladies. Today i am 31 weeks, 9 weeks to go! Now counting the remaining weeks in single digits! yay! I have even printed out the 40 weeks and have been ticking off the days as they go by, i have now put it up on the wardrobe in baby's room and counting down the weeks and days he will be here. Very exciting!

Mojo yeah i do get braxton hicks though once in a while. Last evening i had one and it was like the baby was being squeezed in the uterus in there, When hubby touched my tummy he said it felt like a football :) ha ha. It lasted for less than a minute and it was gone.

Last evening i was at the gym and some chic really pissed me off. She started by saying aaah you are pregnant! then she went ahead to ask how many months i was and gender the baby. When i told her it was a boy she was kind of doubting me because apparently if you are having a boy you look uglier in the last months because the facial features grow bigger. And then she went ahead to ask why i was still training as the exercises will make my cervix tighter and hence hard to dilate during labour, etc etc. I just told her so long as my doctor says its okay to still go to the gym and i feel fine about it i will continue training even on the day i go in to labour. Jeeez some women out there can be such a pain. And it so happens that these women who always tell you to stop are those who just go to the gym to sit in the steam and sauna rooms and are so chubby and can hardly see their toes because their tummies are hanging over their waste lines. Never the less there are some who really encourage you and tell you nice remarks for trying to keep active and healthy.

Sorry for the rant ladies. i just needed to bring it all out :)

Have a lovely day xxxx 

• Options

Good Morning Ladies. Need some advice. Does anyone work in employment Law? I feel really cheated at work at the moment. Im on a fixed term contract (3 Yrs) due to expire in March 2017 whilst im on Mat Leave. Ive been told to be entitled to my Mat pay I have to return to work 3 months full time. But they might not expend my contract. So I wont be given the opportunity to return back to work Hence I will only get Stat PAY. I have over 5 years continuous service. I work for the council so I get some benefits if I go from one council to another. Now I will not only lose my benefits as my contract ends and I will be on mat leave but I wont even get paid what im entitled too. I feel really cheated right now. Don't want to be at work any more.

• Options

Perry83 having been bullied out of my job and having no mat benefits i feel your pain. The house visitor from nhs said in any of these cases to go jobcentre,  acas or the CAB. They can help you understand entitlements.

• Options

Thanks Kimmikim Ill email them and see what they say. I just feel so disheartened at work right now. I don't even want to be here anymore.

• Options

Hi perry83, sorry your work are giving you a hard time - you'd have thought with them beng the council, they'd have stringent practices in place - is this coming from your HR team? If not, possibly seek legal advice or Citizens Advice as kimmikim says.

Hi everyone else too - sorry to interrupt your chat but we were hoping you might tell us on this new thread, what's the best thing you've bought during your pregnancy?

If there's anything that springs to mind, please do come and tell us on this other thread. Thank you!

• Options

That sounds awful Perry, definitely seek advice! Go to your Union if you are a member of one as well. 

Jackrussel just ignore those comments! I wish I had your energy and motivation. 

• Options

One more thing, I phoned and booked my whooping cough vaccine today, it has to be done by 32 weeks I think but I found this out on a forum my midwife hasnt mentioned it all! Have you all had yours? 

• Options

Jack russel ignore the comments hun. Good on you. I cant even sit without it hurting at mo lol.

7weeks today is my section date.....eeek. exciting times

Hastiek i only got told last thursday too and im 31weeks tomorrow. Luckily they have a cancellation so having it then x

• Options

Yes I was told i could get mine from 28weeks but when I went for it (at 29weeks) they told me that they have changed it and apparently u can not receive it from 16 weeks xx

• Options

I mean now receive it from 16 weeks x

• Options

Good morning ladies.

Perry i can imagine it must be so terrible having to go through that at this moment. I hope you will find something that will work in your favor. 

I am not sure if we get that whooping cough shot here but my next apt is on 11th when i will be 32 weeks 4 days and i will ask the doctor about it if she doesn't say anything.

Tomorrow we have the 4D scan apt at 11.30am I can't wait to see what he looks like! I hope we will be able to get a clear photo.

I decided to buy the Pram, car seat & stroller (3 in 1) yesterday. I am such an impulsive buyer! I had gone to buy a few things like the maternity pads, andies, etc but when i saw the prams and i loved what i saw i decided to buy only those and walked away happy. I think the sales man also contributed my buying because he was so pleasant and explained everything to me. In most of the shops i had been to previously the shop attendants had not been so helpful or they were no where to be seen so i just used to walk in, have a look at the prams and walk out. But yesterday i was 100% convinced and walked out happy from there. I will have to worry about the maternity pad, etc later :)

Hope you all have a lovely day ladies xxx

• Options
    Hi everyone, we don't suppose any of you have a 6 year old son, and fancy him taking part in a MadeForMums toy experiment TOMORROW at MFM HQ in Hammersmith, London? If so, you'd need to be in London for 10.30am, with the session lasting no more than 1.5hours. We'll give you a toy and goody bag for your troubles, and we'd dearly love to meet you too!

We're also looking for 2 baby boys aged between 8-12months to take part as well - do you have any friends or relatives who's babies might fit this age group? If you're interested, please come and post over on THIS NEW THREAD and we'll get in touch right away!

• Options

Congrats on the pram, jackrussel! Bet it's lovely :) we pick ours up on 4th July. 

Ok guys so I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and in the last few hours, have developed strong period type cramps. These are the kind of pains I used to get right before I got my period each month. I don't know whether to give the hospital a call for some advice or crawl into bed with lots of water and sleep it off.

Anyone experiencing this at the moment?

• Options

I haven't heard anything about a whooping cough shot. I was advised to get the flu shot but I didn't. 

JackRussell - what kind of pram did you get? Yesterday I saw someone posted the one I want (not in the colour I wanted) for sale. It was 2 years old and half price...but hubby said no because the last thing we bought on this site broke after a couple of months. My best friend says she intends on bringing her bugaboo from Hong Kong for me in the summer. She's planning on coming before the due date. Before I found the BabyZen I was hell bent on the Bugaboo...I guess I should just take a deep breath and stop fretting when I have 2 months to go. 30 WEEKS tomorrow! Oh my goodness...Minibunny is doing a lot of kicking yesterday and today. He woke me up during his jiujitsu session at 3am! lol

I had another NHS home visit today. And I guess we all have biweekly midwife visits? I guess the GP office will only call if there is anything abnormal on the bloods?  I'm worried about my bleeding condition rearing it's ugly head as I'm having more bleeds: nose, gums, bruising, varicose veins...

I start NHS pre-natal classes next week. I have another scan in 4 weeks. I hope time goes quickly!!! I need to fly to the USA to start our immigration process as I think we have given up on living in the UK. image

• Options

Hi!!

Sorry I've been so out of touch ladies! Been away for a bit!

I'd call the hospital/midwife miss foy- just to be sure.tho it's prob Braxtons!! Lots of water And maybe a Banana May help!! I've been getting the same but they should go away and be random.

I had a 4d Scan the other day. Amazing. Do it!!! Our boy was not very cooperative as he was happily snuggled right up into the front of my uterus (makes for not great pictures) But got some shots and an amazing video :)
    Hubby loved it
    We feel even closer to him now- it's so nice to picture his little face when he is wriggling!!

Ill post them below :)

Also I'm hoping to get whooping jab This week - midwife wanted to wait till I felt better as blood pressure had been high and I couldn't shake a cough I've Had since 10 Weeks!! I feel better now. Just tired. And big! And heavy. I feel like I've been kicked in the groin!!

Hope everyone is good :)

• Options

imageimageimageimage

Heres my little Paddy!

Note the sad face!!! Poor thing didn't like beingwoken!! The sonographer had just poked the crap out of him to get him to move!!

• Options

Oh my god look at the wee sad face they are amazing. I thought about getting one done but I'm really scared I get a wee sneak peek at the gender lol I've managed to go this long with no finding out so don't wana ruin the surprise now :) xx