Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    Morning all, crikey lots to catch up on!!

@Scotsmama im sorry to hear about the house disaster, I hope your parents get sorted soon. 

@Stokiejodie that’s the same Moses basket that I was looking at! How does it look etc in the flesh? I didn’t want to spend loads on one as it’s just for downstairs as I want a co sleeper for next to my bed. 

It’s getting real now everyone buying bits. I’m still holding off to after 20 weeks to get big bits but I did put a sneaky online order for clothes in today for him 😂! I also caved in at work and ordered bigger uniforms as I’m literally popping out my usual ones and they are so uncomfortable. So I’m also waiting for a delivery today from boohoo again for more maternity clothes for me as I’m really struggling now to fit in anything pre pregnancy, it seems to be the last week I have popped massively and it’s quite obvious now. 

Have a great weekend all XX 
  • Options
    Oh @Scotsmama that’s terrible 😩 I hope they finish it quicker 
  • Options
    I still havnt bought any thing two weeks till scan my partner wants to do a gender reveal  with all the kids instead of me finding out at scan so hoping the sonographer will write down the gender then I'll give the envelope to my sister to sort out some gender cannons 
  • Options
    @sj83 you might be worth ringing up and asking if they will write it down. The hospital trust that I’m in have a sign up in maternity outside the scan rooms saying they will only say verbally and will not write anything down for anyone. Not sure why but I think it’s probably for litigation purposes should someone try to complain/sue if wrong. At least that way you can think of another way to plan your gender surprise if you can’t do it that way. I know private clinics will write it down for you and they are about £45 for a scan. 
  • Options
    Is anyone suffering with bad acid? Even walking around Tesco’s today and I’m having to stuff rennies in my mouth. It’s getting intolerable at times. And I can’t find any foods that don’t aggravate it 😩
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Had a scan today and confirmed a girl due 28th August!! We're super happy!
  • Options
    @EmPa congratulations hope all is well with baby xx
  • Options
    @mrsH02 I did say to my partner they might not do it my midwife said She dont think it will be a problem but suppose it all depends on the sonographer on the day we will see :) congrats @empa on your little girl glad your scan went well 
  • Options
    @MrsH02 acid reflux is hard to deal with! I found that drinking some pickle juice helped me. I hope you can find something to help it go away ❤️ I used to love red sauce (like marinara) and now I can’t even stand it. Not because of acid, just food aversions, but it made me think of that. So sad 😢

congrats on your little girl @EmPa 🎉🎉
  • Options

Hi ladies, we found out today that's we're having a little boy 👶💙 I just KNEW!! He's healthy & growing normally, no abnormalities found. Just me, my placenta is low & in a posterior position but slightly over his exit route, so will probably need another scan to check if it has moved 😑 Anyway, there's no wonder I've felt a lot of movement quite early with the placenta where it is & how active he is 😂😂 I did a balloon confetti reveal for my friends ❤️
  • Options
    💙aww congrats @BexF90 so glad everything went well fab news 
  • Options
    @BexF90  and @EmPa  congratulations on the 💙💖 so exciting to see an almost complete chart now! 

Sorry ladies I have been unwell - on antibiotics and steroids (strep throat, chest infection and choked with the cold)...bed rest for the next few days. The chill from the flood didn’t help when I was standing barefoot in above ankle depth freeing water for ages trying to get the water out etc.

update: They are now staying in a flat for three months 15 mins away from the house and the work has started in the house - 6 industrial driers full blast which will take three weeks. All flooring lifted. A list made as to what furniture and appliances are to be replaced (95% of it will need replaced) stair carpet going upstairs will be replaced. They will be starting to choose the furniture etc that they want soon. All skirting boards all ripped up. They only had the whole of downstairs redecorated in September/October. It’s a mess!! Kitchen - a decision will be made once it’s been tried out.
    thanks for your kind words everyone ❤️
    Xxxxx
  • Options
    @scotsmama so devastating for them but at least they have some where to stay 
  • Options
    Aww congrats on your baby boy @BexF90 😍 great pictures 

@Scotsmama I hope you are feeling better soon, hon ❤️❤️

Got the results from my anatomy scan. Everything is healthy 🙌 I have an anterior placenta this time, which is new. Now I know why I only feel her way down low and didn’t feel very regular movement until about 18w this time. Although I was feeling her up high with my hand on my belly this morning. She is super active, so I don’t think this anterior placenta is dampening her movements much 😆 hope my husband and kids can feel her soon. My daughter likes to talk to her and just CANT WAIT for her to be born 😍
  • Options
    Morning all. Sorry I seem to be abit distant lately Iv just had so much going on and Iv felt a bit down. Anyway here I am trying to pick myself back up. 
    Congratulations @EmPa and @BexF90 on the gender updates, it’s lovely to see we have such a mixed group of 💙💗 on here! Iv just updated the chart so will post in a mo. 
    Just to let you know I ordered some baby clothes from H&M which came yesterday and are absolutely fantastic, if u join as a member you get an additional 10% off and free delivery.

@Scotsmama sorry to hear you feel unwell hopefully a good rest will help you get on the mend quickly. Your parents situation sounds horrendous I hope they are managing well in the flat.  

@KristinO1987 I’m glad your scan went well. A week today I have mine, il be 20+3 then. It feels like I haven’t seen him now on a scan for so long so hoping he’s stays still long enough for some good pictures. 

Hope everyone else is doing well x

• Options

• Options
    Thank you everyone 👶💙
    He's kicking away like mad & especially when my girl cat sits on me/him 😂🐈 It's amazing 😁
  • Options
    Sorry you ain't felt great @MrsH02 were all ways here to let out some stress nearly a full chart 💗💙my scan is next Friday 19 weeks today :) I've ordered a blue and pink cannon which I'm going to give to my sister to give me the right one as long as the sonographer writes it down 🤞
  • Options
    Hi ladies asda have a baby toddler event on I've just ordered a tommee tippee steriliser set :) 
  • Options
    Hello all! I've not been on in a while but selfishly, it gives me lots to read with a brew when I eventually come on lol.
    Hope you're all doing well. 
    I have an anterior placenta and at my private scan at 17 weeks the sonographer said it was just a couple of mm away from being 'low lying' so hopefully I'll hear more about this on Friday at our 20 week scan.

I'm still feeling zero movement, it gets me down sometimes as I'm 19+5 with my second baby but I know the anterior placenta probably has a lot to do with it... will be good to see baby moving around again this week either way.

Hope you're all OK, loving the updates regarding what you've all bought and I've not seen that website yet with the huge savings, going to head over there now. Look after yourselves lovelies xx