Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    Thank you @Stokiejodie glad your out of hospital now hopfully that's your last visit rest as much as you can my son was breech my whole pregnancy he finally turned at 39 weeks when I was due to have a c section 
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie my boy is breech too hence the 1.5hr scanning! He is practically standing up though with his feet real low and he was looking downwards. 

@Jobomaphoy I rang my gps last week for them to ask the midwife for my matb1 and she has completed it and left it for me to collect which I’m doing tomorrow. Iv not got a 25 week appointment as it’s not my first so my midwife told me they go from 16 weeks to not seeing me to 28 weeks now in subsequent pregnancies. I too have to get it submitted for work in the next few weeks. Although Iv worked out my mat leave and annual leave today and inputted it in to roster today and my last working day is Thursday 30th June so not long now. Iv also decided to have 9 months off as month 9-12 is no pay at all so figured I may need to return 😂😂! I can’t moan though as nhs mat pay is really good compared to some. 
  • Options
    Congrats on your boy @Sj83 😍 Looks like the boys are winning!
  • Options
    Glad you’re home @Stokiejodie ❤️
  • Options
    @Jobomaphoy just thought id let you know I called to make appointment with doctor today to get sick note and asked the receptionist if the doctor would be able to do me a matb1 form aswelll as my midwife appointment is after when I need to tell work and they said doctor couldn't but she would tell midwife to do me one and will let me know when its ready to collect. 

Cant believe got to decide all maternity pay and everything in next 3 weeks. It seemed ages away but come round so quick xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're all well! Yesterday i had my 20week scan and i was there for 3 hours!! Little girl was in a horrible position and then she finally moved, she kept her face pushing up against the placenta so i had to wait for her to move again, it was never ending!!!! Everything looks perfect though, she's super active and kicks me all day, my husband can even feel the kicks too if he puts his hand on me... This girl is going to be such a handful i think! Just like her brother!
  • Options
    Oh wow @empa I thought my scan took a while at least everything is looking good though 💖
  • Options
    Morning ladies, hope everyone is feeling well. I had a bit of a down day yesterday. I got really upset as felt like I was being bump shamed. I have been told by so many people I look massive and it’s making me feel uncomfortable and giving me a bit of a complex. I’m sick of people saying how big I am and that I’m probably going to have a 10lb baby looking at the size of me. Honestly I cried last night for about 2 hours. I know it sounds ridiculous but when ur standing next to slim attractive nurses all day and feel like a whale and people are practically telling you as such it’s getting me down. I know my bump had grown at a fast rate and I have hideous back ache and pains from it but I just wish people would mind there own business. 
  • Options
    @MrsH02 so sorry your having a rough time atm. Just tell them to mind their own business or if got nothing nice to say then dont bother at all.

I'm not sure if its just the time of pregnancy but I've been an emotional wreck too. Been crying on and off all day because of a dream I had the other night of my other half saying i couldn't go his friends party and i had to stay at home as im getting too big and people will know im pregnant 🙈 because my brain decided to go into overtime last night over thinking it and putting million and one doubts in my mind and making me feel like baby is a big secret and going be second best and pushed out, just because other half doesn't want people finding out before hes told his kids although pretty much impossible as the mother won't let him see them because she is a controlling nasty cow and got wait for it go to court. So im just insecure, emotional wreck too.

Booked in to go the local baby shop this afternoon look at prams and cots but now I'm not even excited about it and all been ruined xx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie I completely get you! My OH hasn’t told his ex or kids yet either and it makes me feel like I’m a dirty secret sometimes. My children both know now and are fine. My ex doesn’t yet but that is because I’m avoiding for safety reasons. It’s just shitty, when u think it’s a time to be celebrated and enjoyed yet we feel like this 😔
  • Options
    Oh so  sorry MrsH02 as much as its hurtful just ignore them I love getting big in pregnancy your growing a little person exes are hard aswell my partner told his ex and kids after our 12 week scan shes caused a few problems this week since finding out the sex saying his girls feel left out
  • Options
    @MrsH02 im sorry for your ridiculous coworkers. People need to mind their own business. Clearly they don’t know they everyone carries differently. I am in the same boat as you. I always gain a lot and always seems to be pregnant around people who are pregnant at the same time and look like models 😒 try to ignore them or say something rude back to them 🤪 My sister just recently told me she’s having a baby shower for me. I’m surprised since it’s my third, they didn’t do anything for my second, but I will take it! I hope some people show up as it will be outside in June. I’m excited, but it’s also a little nerve -racking since I’m having to help them make decision on the guest list and make a registry super fast and such. Guess I haven’t been doing much of anything extra since being pregnant since I’ve been so sick. My best friend is 38w pregnant and I’m going to visit her today. She just moved back kinda local to me And I haven’t seen her in a couple years. This is our first (and likely last) time being pregnant together and I can’t wait to see her ❤️ @MrsH02 she is one of those super thin women who just looks like she swallowed a watermelon and I’ve gained 30lb already and not quite 24w 😋🤷‍♀️. I’ll post a pic of us both if I get a good one Hope you are all well ❤️❤️
  • Options
    Hi all, hope everyone’s having a good Sunday. I’m in a slightly better mood now although I am so so tired. This waking up at 4am all the time malarkey is not fun. I’m at work now too till 8:30 and it’s dragging 😩 

@Stokiejodie how did your pram shop go? We have only just sat to make a proper list of what we need this weekend. We have even managed to agree on pram, steriliser and bedside crib which is progress 😂😂 I actually need to order it though! 

@KristinO1987 have a great time with your friend today, I haven’t got any other pregnant friends at the moment which is a bit miserable, last pregnancy me sister and me were only 6 weeks apart and it was lovely to share experiences and compare. 
  • Options
    I was actually thinking samd today this is the first time I've not had any one I know pregnant at same time as me I've been marking bits of my list aswell I've got steralizer now ordered some sleepsuits and pram suit vests etc got my self some maternity nightys and my big knickers lol we used a app yesterday called named together out of 500 names the oh didnt like any 🤦🏼‍♀️and only liked one of the ones I'd chosen it's going to take a while to find a name lol 
  • Options
    We had a lovely walk over the river today such lovely weather today 
  • Options
    Sorry busy few days. 

@MrsH02 I felt in more of a better mood when got there but was kind of disappointed. Everyone kept saying how big the place was, so I was thinking be like mothercare used to be but it wasn't it was smallish. They had 3 sides of all different prams, maybe 4 or 5 furniture sets, 3 baby carrier/harness things, handful of bedside cribs then car seats.

Unfortunately they didn't have the pram i had seen online only the older model and just the all black colour, not the green and bronze I like so couldn't really test it out to see if I liked it. And because of that I saw another pram I liked more, but now I dont know if its just because I didnt like the all black older model or of I prefer that one. So I've managed to track down a shop 30 mins drive which has both in in the exact specs I want so can do a proper comparison and make a decision as there is pros and cons with both. 

We did however see a nursery set we both liked with cot bed, changing unit which converts into chest of drawers as top bit can come off, and a normal sized wardrobe so plenty of storage space unlike the tiny wardrobes you normally get. Only problem is its £1110 ! 

My mum said her and my dad would buy cot for us but she wasn't expecting be that much but partners mum and dad said they don't mind going halves if we don't find anything else we like cheaper. Xx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie I get what your saying as it’s all so expensive. The pram I want with the car seat, isofix base and matching changing bag is just over £1400 that’s not including the fact we want 2 car seats (OH will have a fixed one in his car, we think the maxi cosi mica) but it’s another £250 🤦🏼‍♀️. So I’m trying to be savvy with all other bits I’m getting.  I think I’m going to order the same Moses basket that you got as I’m not paying mamas and papas prices for something that’s probably going to be used for 3 months. My OH has created a spread sheet for everything we need with costs and it is slightly eye watering. I wouldn’t mind but I don’t think we are going mad and buying everything available it’s just that everything is so expensive and we are starting from scratch as neither of us have any baby stuff from our previous children to re use. My parents haven’t offered to buy anything but this is grandchild no 7 for them so I think the novelty has worn off 😂😂. My OH parents live in Greece so I don’t expect them to but anything either. Oh well, I still have a bit of money left from moving house and we both have relatively well paid jobs so it’s just one of those things I suppose, at least if we do decide to have another we won’t have to pay it all out again 💸💸💸
  • Options
    @MrsH02 that's the only thing with starting from scratch you have to buy everything. The moses basket i got seems really good so well worth the little cost under £50 for basket and rocking stand from online4baby. Emma's diary and bounty and discount codes for stuff from that site too including travel systems. I also got a cot mattress and changing mat from that site all reduced and good quality. Ill take some photos of the basket for you later.

I need get one of them baby carriers/harness things i don't know what they are called so you can carry baby hands free for when walking dog. And the one that looks good is £175 ! Cheapest I could find was £153. Its stuff like that that didn't realise be so much. 

Also check out aldi baby and toddler stuff online I ordered a pram parasol, dummies, sleepsuits, hooded bath towel and mit, muslin clothes, pram hook and all sorts last night and all cheap xx
  • Options

• Options
    I went shopping crazy with my last cos with my girls I had most things second hand but luckily the pram was worth it to get a second use I'm not going crazy with clothes or any thing yet I always use mainly vests and sleep suits for the first few months so much easier then trying to put nice clothes on a newborn lol this is my mum and dads 11th grandchild