Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    Hey @Jobomaphoy my placenta is the same and I'm feeling any thing either I think I was before but not felt any thing in weeks now worries me a bit even though I see them at 12 weeks it's a long wait to 20 weeks mines on friday aswell my scans at 11.20 
  • Options
    Awww @Sj83 it's not pleasant is it? Pregnancy is so full of worry! 

I don't actually remember what time my scan is, she just told me and didn't write it down so I need to ring today ... typical me!
  • Options
    Hi all sorry I've been none existent. Im back in hospital again  with the same infection 1 week after being discharged I was brought in by ambulance. Im hoping to be able to leave this weekend when I would of had another 2 weeks worth of IV antibiotics. Also to top if off when I come in and was waiting to come onto the ward someone in MAU tested possitive so I've not been able to leave my room. Today, day 11, is my first time of being able to leave the room to get my own food and water. 

Also because of being in isolation and in hospital I couldn't go for my pre term birth clinic appointment or 20 week scan. The ore term birth clinic appointment has been rearranged for tomorrow where he said he would do my 20 week scan aswell but waiting for them to find out if my partner is allowed to attend with it being a clinic appointment at hospital and not normal just 20 week scan xx
  • Options
    Ha yes def chase up your app time @Jobomaphoy oh no @Stokiejodie what a rough time your having 😪 assuming your partner hasnt been able to see you either cos of isolation lets hope your out at the weekend 🤞
  • Options
    Found out @Sj83 haha it's 3.30pm so hopefully we will both have good news by Friday afternoon, both babies are happy and healthy 🤞
    Oh no @Stokiejodie it sounds horrendous what you're going through, I've got everything crossed for you that you're out this weekend!!!
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie I’m sorry to hear you have been bad again. Hopefully this time will be the last. I hope everything goes well for you scan and appointment today. 

@Sj83 & @Jobomaphoy I also have my scan on Friday. Mines at 1:30, il be 20+3. I can’t wait to see him again. 
    And @Sj83 the gender chart will be as complete as it will ever be then as your the last to find out (I know @Stokiejodie wants a surprise) I have a feeling you will have a girl and @Stokiejodie will be team blue. It’s exciting finding others out now. 

Can I ask everyone what your all doing about car seats? I saw one I really like online yesterday that does from birth to 4yrs. It’s a maxi cosi one that swivels so easy to get baby in. However, it will stay fixed in the car. I do think we will probably end up with 2 car seats anyway one for each car and I wanted one that I can remove in and out for when he’s little and obviously for leaving the hospital in. It’s just a minefield. I think Iv found the travel system I want now though. They are sooo expensive, I can’t believe it! Me and OH did discuss that we will see it as an investment piece though as we discussed having another baby in 3 years 🤣🤣🤣 I did say let’s see how this one is first 🙈
  • Options
    Ahh glad you got your appointment time @jobomaphoy @mrsH02 they are so expensive I got a good deal on my silver cross With my son so were using that again having to replace the car seat though I'm not getting any thing special as we dont drive so is literally just to take baby home was looking at a joie one this is definitely our last our second together my oh always wanted another one together  
  • Options
    @MrsH02 after having a look at the Emma's Diary offers after someone recommended them on here, I've seen a really good deal on a mamas and papas ocarro travel system which is only £599 and comes with the maxi cosi cabriofix carseat. Saying that, I really really want an isofix base for the car as we had one with our daughter and it made life so much easier... adding the base on and other bits and bobs does hike the price up so I may look elsewhere too. They really are soooooo expensive. 

We had the silver Cross pioneer with out daughter. It cost around £1100 and we loved it, the all terrain wheels were fantastic BUT we were convinced we weren't having any more babies so sold it at 9 months old for £150 😫😫😫😫😫😫. It was a gorgeous grey too so would have done boy or girl...

#whatanidiot

• Options
    Mines a pioneer as well in black perfect for either gender think I paid 700 for mine in a local pram shop should have been more but I found a website doing it for that price and the shop price matched it 
  • Options
    @MrsH02 we're getting a silver cross pioneer in navy blue from my OH family, which comes with the car seat. However, we're also getting a seat that'll stay in my OH car until he's about 7 years old. I have a britax seat already in my car (from looking after nephews) that just needs the newborn insert 👶
  • Options
    Good luck everyone having scans today :) 
  • Options
    Hi lovelies! So sorry I haven’t been on for ages. I wasn’t well last week and put on antibiotics and steroids. Still not well but a lot better than I was but the coughing I get is straining my muscles in tummy and now and again I pull myself. Been working even though was on annual leave!! So I’m taking two full days back next week. Work has been intense and tbh we are ok furlough pay so shouldn’t be doing half of what we have been told to do. So stressed that I have said I’m not checking emails till Tuesday night ready for Wednesday. I’m exhausted with not being ill and having baby brain! Had 20 week scan on Tuesday this week and our wee princess was comical in the scan and working it as if she was on a vogue photoshoot! It was lovely to see her. So excited to hear what you are having @Sj83 xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Were hoping they will write It down so we can do a gender reveal Monday or Tuesday with my partners kids aswell 🤞just hopinf everything is ok xx
  • Options
    @Sj83 everything will be ok. There are some days I can feel her other days not. Today not so much so far but she was moving yesterday and a lot since the scan. My placenta is anterior also xxxxx
  • Options
    Everything went well baby didnt stop moving was gutted when I can out I reslied they didnt give me a pic 😪but got gender written down in envelope 🥰got to wait till monday now when we have the Oh children 🥰🥰
  • Options
    Hi all, just an update from scan. The boy was an absolute monkey!! Which resulted in me being scanned for 1.5hrs! He is currently in breach position which made measurements so much more difficult. I had to have 2 walking breaks, the were rolling me on the table to literally scan my sides, drink a bottle of fizzy pop and shake my hips! Anyway, finally we got the end measurements and everything is perfect... and he is 100% all boy 😂 that’s the only thing he didn’t mind showing off to the world!! @Sj83 im glad they wrote it down for you! I saw the signs again at my hospital today saying they would only tell people verbally what gender they thought and I thought of you!
  • Options
    Ah that's brill @Sj83, can't wait to hear what you're having & that baby's doing well 😁 Gutted about your pics though 😔

@MrsH02 Yey another boy 💙👶 I thought I'd have to do the same, but managed to get all his measurements, just not many decent pics 😕 & yep, once they showed us his manhood, he never stopped showing it off for us 😂
  • Options
    Aww glad all went well I had to be rolled on my side aswell as she coulnt get a good profile of baby think I was in there about 45 mins did they tell you weight of baby in your notes mine says 10oz 🥰
  • Options
    Thanks @BexF90 they told me too look away when they asked If I wanted to know gender so she looked and what she needed to woth out me seeing 
  • Options
    @Sj83 yes he’s 12oz