Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2017

Replies

• Options

Congratulations Laurapops will this be your first? Xx

• Options

Hey LauraPops, congratulations - we are so glad to see you here! 

• Options

Trenacurtis - have you tried a pink dye test? They usually give better results - we hope you'll be officially joining this birth club soon! We'd love to have you. 

• Options

Trenacirtis I'm not sure tbh try first response early xx

• Options

Hi Emy,

Yup will be me and my partners first. (Makes a change from it being a kitten... we are proud parents of 5 of those haha)

Will this be your first Emy? Apologies if you've said in a previous post - I had a quick read through but may have missed it

x

• Options

Thank you for the wellwishes ladies! And congratulations to those who have just joined!!

I took another test on one of the cheap ones today (on tues first reposnse was a super strong line, had like a half strength line on cheap one), the cheap one now has a line that's as dark as the control, so looks like th are progressing as they should!

Starting to get nausea now :/ I've pretty much lost my appetite and cant really taste anything, which is horrible. Woke up three times to pee last night, which is annoying, the stitch like pain I had on my right side seems to disappear and come back, but very mild now so hope that's good. Did a bit of research and just sounds like the corpus luteum?

Told a few friends already (as well as parents - it's their first grandchild!) because I just can't keep my mouth shut 😅 My husband also put a NOT so subtle hint on Facebook, so we have other people guessing now too. 🙄 It's going to be sooo hard to not tell anyone else, I just want to shout about it!!

How is everyone else feeling?

• Options

Hi Ella,

I think I'm due the same day as you? 14th December :)

I feel okay at the moment, the last couple of days I've been waking up feeling a little sicky but it seemed to go after half hour or so. I feel queasy today but I don't know if that's more excitement than anything else.

x

• Options

Yes Laura I'm 14th December too! Ahh that's great 😄 

Yeah im starting to think nausea is just a mix of excitement and worry lol. Don't wake up with it, but seems to come on as soon as I get downstairs and lasts on and off all day. 

Who has initial doctors appointments booked? My first one is 20th April, which will be exactly 6 weeks, really want to pay for a private early scan that week too, can't convince hubby so far though. Any thoughts on early scans? I just want it for reassurance, feek like I can't get excited until I see something and know everything is ok. 

• Options

I've not booked my appointment yet, will probably give them a call next week and get it all sorted :)

I totally know what you mean about an early scan... I don't think it will feel real for me until I have a scan picture in my hand! why is hubby saying no? I don't think men really understand how long it feels for us ladies waiting for appointments and scans, etc.

x

• Options

Yes exactly! The pregnancy tests are great, but still doesn't feel real!

Ahh he thinks it's a waste of money when I'll be getting one a few weeks after anyway, he already has an 8 yr old daughter from a previous relationship and that pregnancy all went fine, so he just thinks I'm worrying too much. He's definitely excited but very relaxed lol x

• Options

Hi all, Congratulations on all the new bfp 😊 happy and healthy 9 months to you all.

Emy try not to worry to much, I had the same on Friday and haven't had anything since. I know it's nerve wreaking with previous miscarriages but try and relax I know it's harder said than done, hopefully nothing to worry about. Positive thoughts xx

• Options

Hi LauraPops, it will be mine and my partners first and we have 2 cats haha. Are you worried how they will react to a new baby? I am a little xx

• Options

Hi Hayley,

I'm not too sure. They're all pretty chilled so I think 4 of them will be okay, one of them (Poppy) who is the youngest is basically my shadow. She is always with me and is a little needy so I'm not too sure if she will feel a bit put out.

I am a crazy cat lady though so I'm just adding one baby to my collection of others haha

• Options

Hi all newbies congrats to all positives , I had my blood test Wednesday they have the results but have to wait till next Thursday for dr to tell me 🙀 I know I've done four test s and all have line s but want a blood test fo r sure Lol will be my third child but my partners first . I'm crazy cat lady too I have four cats and four 10 day old kittens at the moment ( all will be remhomed) except my original 4 was gonna keep a baby but am now not as have a zoo at home at the mo Lol . I'm feeling so tired at the mo and my back is very sore but I'm putting it down to my job I sell cars and have had to wash and clean 13 this week so am abit tender . Hope we are all having a good day in this beautiful weather xx

• Options

Haha my cats don't like children, whenever my 3 nieces come around (aged 11,6 and 4) they run off and hide the entire time they're there 🙈

Teena, sounds like you need to be taking it easy at work! 

I have a night out with the girls planned for the 21st, obviously can't be drinking but as we're not telling anylone yet, I'm not sure what to do, any ideas? I'd tell them if I could but my other half doesn't want to so I have to respect his wishes too! Xx

• Options

Wow Tenna sounds like you're working hard! Try to take it easy. I'm pretty lucky, in my job I can't work as soon as I say im pregnant, so I'm effectively on maternity now, and will be until baby is a year old! 

Hayley just say you're on antibiotics! But research it a bit incase you get questioned lol x

• Options

* Teena (sorry, stupid phone lol)

• Options

Hi Ella, wow sounds like I could do with your job, I'm only office based but would love to stop already haha! Do you get full pay whilst you're off? That's one thing I'm worrying about a little, our company maternity is pretty rubbish tbh, I'll be down a huuuge amount a month when I'm off! Just trying to save as much as poss while we can! 

I think I'll do that with the antibiotics but they all know that we were ttc so I bet they'll guess, I'll just have to try and keep a straight face! Xx

• Options

Yep! I fly so they consider it too risky, even in early pregnancy (I guess all the going up/down & through metal detectors every day and potential to deal with any emergencies). Some people work on the ground instead, but I'm lucky enough to live too far away so get to stay at home! ☺ I do have my own business I run on the side too, so it's nice to just concentrate on that a few months instead, and it'll keep me busy.

Ohh yes that might be a bit more tricky then If they know you're trying. Give the antibiotic excuse a try anyway! x

• Options

Ah I see, that makes sense. We haven't told work yet (we both work at the same place) but i don't do anything strenuous so should be ok xx