Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2020

Replies

• Options
    Welcome @Boity86, I have no personal experience of this, but it has come at the right time for it to be implantation bleeding and the fact it stopped was positive. 

Just keep an eye on it over the next few days and maybe take a test again in a week to check your levels have gone up. 

What would your EDD be? 
  • Options
    @MummyWobbles wow congratulatons! what a story! ❤😊

Welcome to the group everyone!❤😊

I'm 5w6d today and I have been sick since sunday, I was tested for covid yesterday and just waiting for results.. but feeling lot better today so I'm hopeful it will be negative 🤞 
    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well but good that you have been tested. How are you feeling? 
    We had full symptoms in our household a few weeks ago so we all self isolated but has passed now. 
    At the moment Hayfever is my nemesis! 
  • Options
    hello everyone🤗

this is my first pregnancy i should be 5 weeks 2 days, i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything about scans etc with everything going on at the minute i have been told i will receive a phone in 10-14 days to go through everything - i am very excited and was wondering would it be a good idea to get a private scan? 

hope everyone is doing well and is safe❤️
  • Options
    @luna416 congratulations on your pregnancy, you are a few days ahead of me as I am 4+6 today! 

It's a really difficult question to answer as it depends by local area, what your local health care authority are doing and its changing daily due to Covid. 

For my area you self refer to the midwife via a phone line which is normal procedure, the 8 week midwife appointment is via phone rather than face to face. The 12 week scan still happens as normal but no one else is allowed to attend and all tests that would normally happen at your 8 week scan happen here as well as getting your notes. I havent looked much further ahead as I'm hoping things may change. 

For my area, some private scan places are still working but again you have to go in on your own. I'm personally not having one this time around as I had one with my previous pregnancy but had a MC three days later so I am just going to wait for my 12 week one. 

It may be worth checking Facebook to see if your chosen birthing hospital has a page as mine does and they are updating it regularly. 

Hope this helps a little and I would be interested to hear what yours is doing 
  • Options
    Hi again all :) 

@Boity86, I had some similar bleeding approx 3 weeks ago. I thought it was the start of AF so was really puzzled when it disappeared after just a day and half. I Googled it and read about Implantation bleeding, but didn't bother getting my hopes up as I figured it was just a bit of weird spotting before AF. Still no AF and 4x positive tests so far! 

On another note, does anyone have much experience of digital pregnancy tests with the number of weeks indicator? The first day of my last AF was the 19th Feb. I usually have cycles of 40 days+ but they were long because I wasn't ovulating. If the positive results are real, I must have ovulated but then it wouldn't have been such a long cycle. I thought conception would have been around mid-March, so 3+ weeks ago, but the weeks indicator on the tests I've done all say 1-2 weeks. This doesn't make any sense as I haven't BDed in the last 2 weeks! It says the weeks thing is 93% accurate but is this really true? I'm really worried that there's a problem already as it seems my HCG levels aren't high enough for the number of weeks I should be at :(   

• Options
    Hi @MummyWobbles, I dont know much about digital tests, I think I fell pregnant mid March and did a digital test Tuesday which said 2-3 weeks.
    I think the sperm can be ok for a few days though? So maybe you ovulated a little later and that's why its 1-2 weeks? 

Congratulations xx
  • Options
    @MummyWobbles and @LouTTC83 I don't know much about digital tests but I read somewhere that they require a higher trace of bhcg thus at times can test neg when you are pregnant and if they do detect the pregnancy hormone its low...thus less weeks....
  • Options
    I think im about 4+3 today (going by when my app thinks i ovulated) and these are my tests so far

I was a bit disappointed when i didnt get 2-3 pregnant but i could be too early for that.  
    Ive picked up my high strength folic acid today.  I will leave booknb a midwife appointment for a week i think 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - maybe conception was later than I thought but I had assumed the spotting I had on 23/24 March was implantation. Also, because I thought that was the start of AF and cramping started around the same time, I don't think we have BDed since then! If it was implantation spotting, then conception would have been several days before that (I thought it would have been the 14th March). I guess it could have been ovulation spotting but then ovulation would have been really, really late if last AF started on 18th Feb. I'm trying not to worry. I've never had a positive result from literally 100s of tests over 15 years, so I am still cautiously excited. Plus the line seemed quite strong on a regular test (which I've ordered more of today). I wish I hadn't discovered those Clearblue tests and just stuck to regular ones :p  I am debating whether to try and see GP/midwife now or wait another week or so. I am wary of going out anywhere unnecessarily with Corona, especially now!  

Congratulations Meme! :) 
  • Options
    @MummyWobbles i have long cycles too.  Average 34 days but some times more or less.  
    Here is my chart 

I had cramps on 30th March, first time testing positive on 2nd April
  • Options
    Evening ladies ...I'm seing the dark brown discharge.again.n spotting..with mild cramps...
    Yesterday it came on for 30min then it was gone...
    Now I'm worried 😥
  • Options
    Hi @MummyWobbles,

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant (so on the due in September forum), but I just wanted to comment to save you from worrying!
    With regards to the digital pregnancy tests which displays how many weeks pregnant you are, it always shows as 1-2 weeks less than you actually are so the dates you originally thought will definitely be more accurate than what is showing on the display. It would therefore suggest you are actually 3-4 weeks rather than 1-2. Each brand is different but will always tell you how much to add on on the information leaflet. For example the Clear Blue test tells you to add 2 weeks.

Hope this helps and stops you worrying and hope you still have the leaflet so you can refer back to just to reassure you that what I'm saying is accurate.

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy, x
  • Options
    Hi @MummyWobbles Congratulations and my what a lovely story. My experience is similar to Resting potato. I got 1-2 weeks twice but I was actually 4 weeks. I thought they had it wrong because this was our first time trying and I was meticulous with dates, we’re together 13 years (extreme blessing as I have other issues) but when you check the clearblue info it says add two weeks. I got my first 3+ weeks last Friday and I was quite a bit further on. Also the hcg levels women have are completely different woman to woman. The normal ranges have a wide span which leads us to worry so much when we hear someone’s level is higher than ours. This is why pregnancy tests can be misleading and quite frankly annoying. Hope you are doing well and staying safe ❤️
  • Options
    Morning ladies, happy Easter weekend! 

How are you all doing? How are you feeling? 

I took my final CBD and pleased to see that I have moved from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks so that has made me feel a little better so that makes me 5 weeks today.

Going to call the midwife today, hoping they will still be working as I forgot it was the bank holiday weekend. 

• Options
    That's exciting @Butsie185. Let me know how you get on. 
    My app says I an 5+4 today, thinking of using my last CBD on Tuesday and 🤞for a 3+ weeks then will call midwife, that will make me 6+1 I think xxx
  • Options
    @LouTTC83 that sounds like a good plan. I will let you know how I get on with the midwife, just want to get my 8 week one in on time with everything that's going on so my 12 week scan is on time.
  • Options
    Thank you so much Bea and RestingPotato!

I've just read the leaflet and it says that the weeks on the test are from conception, whereas dating is usually from start of last AF. I think it still should be at least 3 weeks though on the test, as conception would have been 14th March and 1st day of last period was 18th Feb. Is that right? I had a bit of spotting last night too, so really panicking now. Think I may have got my hopes up too soon. Hoping I can get more tests today and the weeks will have gone up. That'd be hugely reassuring. 

Butsie, that's so exciting!! Congrats and I hope they're open today so you can get everything started :) x
  • Options
    If you guys are interested in ramzi and nub theory try the gender detectives on fb they are amazing they do ramzi and nub theory gender predictions starting as early as 6 weeks 
  • Options
    Ive taken another digital today and its still saying 1-2.  I think im about 4+5 but could be a day or two either way.  I really thought i was out until reading posts above.  If im a couple of days less then probably wouldnt get 2-3 yet.  🤞.   
    I hate this waiting game so much.  

Is anyone else getting leg pain at night? Everynight i get it   last night was the worst so far.   I had thrm with my Daughter too.  Its because im now sleeping on my side i think where as when not pregnant i sleep half on my side and half on my belly
  • Options
    Hi @Meme210, I got a Clear blue 2- 3 weeks at 5+1 on Tuesday. 
    I am waiting until Tuesday to do my last one and hopefully get a 3 + then :-) 

I have had a couple of sharp pains in my tummy if I turn over in the night, had this with my daughter too xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions