Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2021

Replies

• Options
    @Lh8609 only reason I’m on one is because obviously you know DH works away a lot - with his job I have to work around him and the kids and a childminder with room for two kids who covers their school is like gold dust and we can’t afford for me not to be working 😩 x
    ooo @Chops123 you must see a lot doing that! Had to rush one of my dogs into the vet a few months ago as they got attacked by an off lead no owner in sight staffy when I was walking them, took me 3 or 4 months to feel confident enough to walk them by myself again, then on the second walk, exact same thing happened! Luckily no vet trip required but I’m now too scared to walk them again as this estate is so bad for people having their dogs off lead with no control over them and after multiple attacks my boys are now reactive and scared! X
  • Options
    @mummae26 it’s an absolute nightmare isn’t it, I’m very lucky with my job even tho it’s not the best place to work in the world they are very good about letting me change my hours around the kids whenever I need to. My fiancées not around much and we have my 2 and need to try and make time to see his 2 aswell but we both work all weekend. If you’re struggling it’s definitely worth asking your gp. And as someone has already said if it’s pregnancy related it doesn’t count towards your normal sickness and you can’t be disciplined or anything x
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! Got my BFP today! Should be 4 weeks exactlyujuuyu  and nhs calculator says dd 25th December!! 
    We already have a little boy age 2 so very excited for him to have a sibling! 
    Thinking I might book a private scan for about 8/9 weeks as it’s my mums 60th and we’re having a little garden party so would be nice to tell a few close family then. X
  • Options
    welcome hun big congrats how are you feeling? I should be 6 weeks today I’ve got a private scan on thurs 😊 x
  • Options
    Thanks 😊 I feel good... honestly wouldn’t even know other than the lack of AF... I’ve had a bit of tingling in my boobs but I sometimes get that around AF anyways. Oh and I’m really thirsty haha! 
    How exciting for you! I remember seeing your BFP in the March thread! We got a private scan with our first because we had been trying for about 18months I could believe it was finally happening! So reassuring to see things are going well though! X
  • Options
    It’s all about the Christmas babies 😍 so dreamy x
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Joining you on here 🥰⭐️ BFP this morning! Had a chemical last month, but the tests last month were a lot more faint than what I’ve currently got - so really reassuring! 
    This is my first baby! Please could anyone advise what the best next steps are, just contacted GP, they can’t get me in today, and have said I’ve got to call tomorrow morning (can’t prebook which is annoying) xx did you all visit GP or just tel someone over the phone to book bloods? Sorry for all the questions! Xx
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Over here we don’t need to see a gp unless there’s any concerns or complications, you get a telephone booking app with the midwife at around 8 weeks, I’ve got mine next weds. Then I’m assuming she’ll book me in with a nurse to do bloods and a urine sample like she would’ve done herself at the booking app before all this Covid stuff x
  • Options
    @Lh8609 thank you! So do I phone my GP and they’ll refer? Or just speak to reception? Or shall I contact my local hospital? I’m Leicester based, so would be the Leicester royal infirmary :) xx 
  • Options
    Omg no way, where in Leicester ru? I’m in Leicester too 😂 lri is where I’ll be going aswell. Just call reception and ask to make a booking with the midwife and she’ll call you back hun x
  • Options
    Are you??? What are the chances 😂 I’m in Anstey 😊 ooo thank you! Sorry I’m being thick, LRI reception or GP? My head can’t think straight! :wink: xx
  • Options
    Your gp lovely. You’ll go lri for scans etc. I’m in south wigston 😂 that’s so crazy lol. Oh don’t I’ve got total baby brain already I forgot my daughters parents evening, put the kettle in the fridge the other day, took my youngest school with and empty pack lunch 🤣🤣. We should meet up in town and go out for lunch one day 🥰 x
  • Options
    Tried to call the GP this morning about my morning sickness, after 397.. yes, !!!!!three hundred and ninety seven!!!!! calls with no answer this morning, I gave up! 
  • Options
    @mummae26 Oh you’re kidding! Sounds worse than mine lol, are you still feeling awful? X
  • Options
    @Lh8609 I feel awful I have absolutely no energy left in me I can’t even clean the house make the beds nothing, I cried almost all night at work Saturday night as I felt so ill 😂 x
  • Options
    Oh bless ya sounds like you definitely need some time off! X
  • Options
    Phoned GP, and they’ve asked me
    to collect a pregnancy pack from
    reception to complete - then the midwife will be in touch.. thanks for the advise! 😳😅
    Oh god 🤣 that made me laugh! Yes lunch sounds great! Xxx 
  • Options
    397 calls to your drs!! Wowwww! Mine are pretty useless, but not that bad 😅
  • Options
    Congrats! Glad you got it sorted! Here all our pregnancy notes are online so you just register when you find out you’re pregnant... looks like my booking appt phone call is 28th April! Which seems early to me but suppose they have to arrange a face to face for bloods etc too
  • Options
    @Abbey2020 bump shopping buddy 🤣 omg imagine sun shining, cute summer dresses with little bumps. Literally can’t wait. Glad you got it all sorted love. @nikkinoodle5 mines on 28th too I’m guessing they do the face to face bit separately which seems pointless to me but hey ho x