Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2018

Replies

• Options

All I want is the call to know I'm definitely on her list. I only found out a week tomorrow that I'm pregnant but feels like it's taking forever for the midwife to call, lol 

• Options

from what Ive gathered They don't normally see you very early on unless you have complications, even if you have problems normally it's down to your gp and early pregnancy unit until 18 weeks.  

• Options

I've just booked my first appointment with the doctor for later today.  i hope I dont have to battle for them to do all the tests I should have this time After my 3 miscarriages.  Fingers crossed.  

Feeling a little quessy this morning, could be the heat.  Bowel movement is good this time, I had so much constipation last time.  

How are you all doing? 

• Options

Hey! When is your doc appointment? 

I haven't got one.. im still waiting on midwife! 

I've been having a little bit of constipation :( not nice. Is it normal though x 

• Options

Danielle good idea! I def will- but I'm gonna wait till my scan at like 12 weeks-ish juuuuust in case family saw it! We wanna keep this to ourselves till then. I'll have to put a disclaimer on the video as there is a lot of (happy) swearing hahahaha. 

Constipation is one of the joys of pregnancy firsttime and meme! :) I got it so bad last time I got a hemorhoid 😩 Not fun!!! It thankfully went away after I gave birth but it was very painful! I got anusol from the doctor and it worked wonders so keep that in mind if it's hurting you a bit! Other than that try and hydrate and eat well :) it happens cos your digestive system slows down or something so the baby sucks the nutrients out of it haha. Little leeches! :)

ita 30 degrees here in the U.K. and I'm loving it! (I'm an Aussie in case u didn't know haha) - I just came back from a picnic in the park with my little man. i still can't bei

• Options

believe he's going to be a big brother! I'm so glad hubby knows now. He kept pranking me last week (like trying to scare me) before he knew, and every time I jumped it hurt (round ligament pain I'm guessing) and I was so angry but couldn't say why. Haha now he feels so guilty. He's all protective of me (and little Pea) now bless him. 

hope your having a lovely Monday ladies. I'm dying to see all our ultrasounds in a few weeks! Hurry up time! image

• Options

Im glad I haven't had the constipation yet, a little the opposite.  

Im melting in this UK heat.  

Looking forward to my appointment this evening but a worried too that ma my hcg levels might be a little low 

• Options

It sucks! I've had a bit of both 😩

awe bless u! You guys def mustnt be used to this heat! My son isn't coping to well with it. He's so ratty! So glad I'm not heavily pregnant! This time last year I was a whale and I was dying inside my flat! 

Let us know how your appoibtment goes! I'm sure you'll be fine 💕💕 lots of love 

• Options

Aussie, thank you for that reassurance! How are you feeling? 

Meme let us know how your appointment goes! Wish I had a date or the midwife would just call x 

• Options

You're welcome! :) 

im ok. The exhaustion is kicking back my arse. I have zero help over here as all my family is in aus and my husbands family are too busy Etc, and his mum is too frail- so I can't palm my son off for a break! Im so tired! And he's hard work right now. Just want a pause button on him for just 30 minutes! 

I bet your frustrated waiting for your call. I find the midwives (the ones in the team in my area anyway) have designated days for things. Like mine usually has one day where she answers the helpline, another for booking in/first appoibtments , another for the usual appointments etc, glucose test days, antenatal class days (those woman never stop!!) So you may end up waiting but I wouldn't say longer than a week! 

• Options

Aw bless you! It will all be worth it though :) I bet it's hard though, my family is spread all over the country (not quite as far as Australia mind you!) Just keep thinking of that little Baba in your arms in a few months! :) 

That's what I was wondering, whether they work all week but only make contact with new patients on a certain day - I rung the doctors who passed my details on Tuesday - the midwife would have had them off them on Friday - so I'm kinda hoping she will have a day this week where she will call people! 

• Options

It is so hard! Gotta focus on the positives tho :) 

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if that's how it goes! If we're being positive I reckon ull hear from her before friday :) crossing my fingers for you! 

• Options

Definitely Hun! Baba will be here before you know it :) are you gonna find out what you're having? 

Aw I really hope I do! Would be lovely to just have a date! 

• Options

:) can't wait! Yeah I can't help myself haha. I really want a girl! But of course I'd be happy with another boy (plus it'd save me a fortune in clothes!!) what about you?! (And anyone else rrading this- are u girls gonna have a surprise?) I think if I ever had a third id have a surprise.

aw bless you'll have one soon :)

• Options

Yeah I bet! No we aren't finding out, keeping it a surprise - my other half days we don't have many surprises now.. I'm eager to find out but I know I'll regret it lol! 

I hope so :) 

• Options

Hi ladies, 

my appointment rent was over with quickly, the Doctor was great, he's going to get a letter over urgently to the hospital so the consultants there will do necessary tests and take over my care.  He also told me to book the first available midwife appointment, they don't have one until next Tuesdsy but they gave me the phone number for the midwife centre to call and see if they have one beforehand.  Thinking about it I might just take the one for next Tuesday, it's not long away.  The hospital appointment is the most important one.  

• Options

We will find out gender when the time comes, I think for us it's better so we can buy gender appropriate stuff.  Hubby wants a boy, I don't mind, I do want a girl at some point 

• Options

Glad your appt went ok! Tuesday is really good for a midwife appointment :) excited to see the results of Tuesday :) 

I'd love a girl because the last two babies in the family (my brother and nephew) have been boys - however, as long as they are healthy, I don't mind what we have :) 

• Options

I got so exhausted again this afternoon.  Like yesterday I had an after nap for 30 mins. I got up to get ready to go out but I still felt so tired and woozy I had to lie back down again.  Yesterday when I lay back down I went back to sleep for a couple of hours, today I couldn't - I just had to lay down until I felt better to get up - I had to go and visit my parents before my appointment.  i found it hard not to tell them.  I had to fend off their puppy from jumping on my belly, my Dad is a really inconsiderate smoker and smokes in the house - luckily we were sat by open patio doors.  

Tomorrow I have my Uncle funeral to attend.  

• Options

Yes don't think they will do much Tuesday but booking appointment I expect, they should have my details from last month so they probably just dates, blood and urine test.