Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021

Replies

• Options
    Everyone that is getting early scans/ blood tests have you requested these or are they done automatically by your trust? Or have you gone private? 
    I sent off my self referral form this morning. I will be 11 weeks before they can give me a date for a booking appointment around 12/13 weeks. I hate this wait - longest couple of months!
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @MrsRodgers416
    I am based in Netherlands. Here too the first scan is normally done between 8 to 10 weeks. Even blood tests are normally not done. 
    Last week, soon after I got my BFP, I started bleeding (heavier than spotting but less than AF type bleeding), hence I had contacted the midwife practice directly. They have been quite responsive. 
    Thankfully, the bleeding stopped in few hours, but as a caution, midwife herself proposed blood tests (I think for my peace of mind) and also the scan in 6th week.
    Hope that situation doesn't come, but if there is a chemical or ectopic pregnancy, scan can detect it. Blood tests cannot. 

• Options
    I also requested a private scan due to my history of miscarriages. I think the anxiety would be too much for me otherwise! Xx
  • Options
    A general question for ladies who had been pregnant before. 
    My midwife told me to continue any physical activity that I had been doing.
    I have been actively practising yoga (intermediate to advanced) before my pregnancy and I live in a cycling country.
    Of course, I would avoid certain yoga poses in the first trimester (esp core intensive that put pressure in belly and inversions) But do you think of any risks of continuing yoga and cycling? 

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 I would do whatever you feel comfortable with. I dip and and out of yoga but have always avoided it during the first 12 weeks simply because I am know knowledgable enough about what poses to avoid. I was horse riding last week before I found out 🙈. I know girls who have ran 5k every day of their pregnancy too (although I’ll never do that haha). 

Can’t believe what a multinational bunch we are - I love it! It will be interesting following your journeys along with my own. 
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    This is really lovely and reassuring having ladies going through the same. I’m so anxious so this is a big help for me! I’ll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I’m tempted to do a clear blue digital. I just really want to see 3+ for peace of mind. What do you think? X
  • Options
    I’m not one to ask - pregnancy test hoarder in the early days 🙈🤣
  • Options
    I think I might 😕 just pray for me it says 3+ 🙏🏻🙏🏻 X
  • Options
    Fingers crossed @Summer1287!! I’m 6 weeks on Friday and thinking I’ll do the same too🤞Can’t help myself 😣 lol
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    Either tomorrow or Thursday then 😊 x
  • Options
    Hi ladies I done some more tests and they are just still coming back with really faint lines I’m just going to wait to see if I get a period which is due this week or next and irl be sure to update you all but congratulations to you all wish you all the best x
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @Rainbows&BabyDust
    thank you so much means a lot I’m just a bit confused as to why they keep coming up with faint lines but irl keep you updated I wish you the best and sending my love to you and your precious little one !!x
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @Rainbows&BabyDust 
    what’s dpo 🙈😩sorry I’m new to this 
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions