Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

First and excited why dont you go to boots or a supermarket and get some cystitus relief sachets while you wait, sometimes these can get rid of it without antibiotics, better than nothing? If anything will make you more comfortable in the mean time x

• Options

I think that's the problem firstandexcited...i don't feel like everyone is as excited as me- I've bought most of the things and my other half hasn't shown much interest yet- he's putting the cornup and the furniture Ive bought for the nursery at the weekend but all the scans etc I've paid for and all of the extra bits are all me and my mum so far. I've got a really good close friend who has an 18 month old and she's really kept my spirits up and made me feel like this is the best thing ever but apart from that I don't feel like there's much excitement yet? I just wish he would think outside the box a bit and realise that although he's been there before this should be just as special as his first two children- I know it will be a completely different ball game once baby boy comes- my partner is an amazing father and I can't wait- but especially as I get further along, I could do with the extra support and reassurance! I'm a teacher too so this week hasn't been the most relaxing as the boys have been off school and I've done the entertaining and sorting. Wish I felt more chirpy 😩

• Options

I'm sure he is just as excited as you, men do show it in different ways to us, as you say when baby is here he will love unconditionally.  I know it's so infuriating when people say it but our hormones are all over the show and sensitivity is at the max. have you spoken to him about it? 

Have got cranberry and drinking lots of water to.hopefully flush it through it's  it that painful just uncomfortable . 

Midwife said we would be talking about birth next visit- scary stuff!! Haven't really thought about it apart from not wanting an epidural cos the thought of having it left in my spine makes me feel sick I thought it was just an injection didn't realise it got left in there!! I'm hoping for gas and air but my husband did point out I've never actually had any pain in my life, never broken anything or been illreally apart from a cold, no tooth aches sprains! Maybe a few drunken bruises but that's it! I also have heard with an epidural your more likely to need forceps? What's everyone planning? 

• Options

You're right- will talk to him about it! 

Im hoping I can do gas and air and just plough on through and I too don't want an epidural if I can help it. Like feeling that I know what's going on With my own body and (strangely) want to feel everything, pain or no pain. I've never had real pain either other than my miscarriage back last year- I found that painful when they gave me the meds to dispel everythinf but not unbearable pain. Would imagine heaving a fully grown child out of our female area is going to be ridiculously painful but I'm ready! I'm listening to a hypnobirthing cd each day for 22 minutes. It's really good I have to say- was sceptical but does really set a calm tone! 

• Options

Hi ladies, 

Im also feelimg emotional and sensitive. Crabby at hubby and annoyed he is always at work. Plus my parents are abroad until Aug so cant speak to mum as much as i would like. Finding it tough at the moment. 

My bump is so tight and itchy. Bio oil isnt really helping so using nivea lotion now. 

Planning on using anything to get through the pain. I have had epidual twice  with two of my girls and pethidine twice. Maybe im not good with pain but being on the verge if a c section i was prepared to try anything. Anyway my advice is-be flexible with your birth plans as it may or may not go how ypu want it to. Research and be prepared and update your other halves too. Im just glad to be able to have normal births with all 3. 

Still feeling like this isnt real. I also had a loss last year so waiting excitedly but quietly for the next 9vweeks to pass. 

• Options

I forgot to say how gorgeous the 4D scans were. So lovely. 

My partner didn't seem excited when I was pregnant with our first and it was his first so definitely agree it's a man thing and oh so frustrating.  

For my first labour I planned an all natural birth but things didn't go to plan and I needed an emergency section. I am planning a VBAC this time but I have to have an epidural and i am ok with that. I could not agree with Dora more. Just remember to be flexible. I was forced to change my plans and it really caused me a lot of anguish afterwards - completely unnecessary. Just keep in mind whatever it takes to birth baby safely. 

Xxx

• Options

Yeah I am hoping to avoid epidural as they dont do them in my birthing centre anyways would have to be shipped across to the hospital which isnt as nice.

I feel like I have period pains tonight, anybody had that????

X

• Options

Well I should have listened to people's advice! Woke up this morning, was up so much in night nothing really came out but the urge was so bad! Went to work lasted couple of hours and feeling worse and worse literally couldn't stand straight by 11, phoned emergency midwife she said straight to the unit at hospital. They dipped urine and said it's a raging infection and couldn't believe nothing was given to me yesterday- although it did get a lot worse very quickly today. Temp high so did blood tests and put me on monitor, baby totally fine just the urine infection. Got to stay and have drip antibiotics to sort it quicker! Lesson learnt I should have gone at first signs at start of week and should have pushed midwife more yesterday instead of saying ok to wait another couple of days! 

• Options

First and excited that's why I was hoping you'd ring 111 and got yourself sorted. The system failed you and sadly you have to proactively manage your health and be persistent. With all the stories of pre term labour time is even more of the essence!! My bladder infections always start like yours too just a weird feeling not the classic stinging etc. I know now how to recognise them! Glad you're getting sorted now! Xx

• Options

First and excited I hope you feel better soon, I'm the same as flouncy and can spot them a mile off even with no stinging etc, had many bad kidney infections over the years. Glad everything ok with baby though.

ive been having period type back ache/cramps all night and afternoon tina which is very annoying! Little baby is flung fully to the left today I keep nearly falling over. I didnt think nesting has hit until I went for a wee about 1pm and was looking around...turned into the bathroom being painted and I've just cleaned the tiles with a toothbrush and bleach! That was not on the agenda for my lazy day! I'm goosed now. Another tick off the list though 😆 xxxx

• Options

I def wouldn't leave it again, just want a proper pee and to.stand up but I just need to be curled up in a ball!! 

What are you thinking your period type pains are? Baby pressing on bits and stretching?  This final stretch is not going to be comfortable at all is it! 

• Options

I was thinking maybe its pressing on cervix from outside or something as I know when I ever get prodded there by doctors I get similar pains? No idea lol x

• Options

Firstandexcited that sounds absolutely awful. How are you doing now? Still at hospital or home?

I am home alone tonight - well with my 16 month old son too. Feel.very anxious. Maybe it's pregnancy and feeling vulnerable?!

Xxx

• Options

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but will find the time, probably during a sleepless night, to catch up on all the previous posts. I was just wondering how everyone else's hips are? This is my first pregncry & I'm really struggling with pain in my hips especially when lying down. I'm worrying they will ever go back to normal? xx

• Options

I'm really struggling to get comfortable now everything aches and shooting pains are worse as baby is resting on my cervix, last night finally fell asleep then our neighbours decided to say goodbye to their guests on the landing screaming so got woke up and then just couldn't settle, I nearly went mental!!! 

Hope everyone is having a good Easter x 

• Options

Hi Rachie and welcome! When are you due? Do you know what you're having? Hip pain is a problem for me when I'm lying down too, I've been told it'll go back to normal but only time will tell, hope you're well other than that xxx

someone rang me at 2:30am last night, no doubt bladdard I was absolutely fuming DONT WAKE A SLEEPING BABY, especially when baby is still in the womb and mummy is trying to get some well deserved sleep. Then ended up having an awful nightmare, involving a lot of blood. I won't go into details don't want to worry you all. Baby is right on my hips/nerves this morning. Hope you're feeling better today first xxxx

• Options

Home now thanks everyone.  Got another course of antibiotics for the week see doesn't feel any worse but still uncomfortable so planning on laying on the sofa today and drinking lots and lots of squash.  When I actually go to the loo and pee  it hurts a lot less than when I think I need to go and a tiny dribble comes out! 

Have you tried pillow between your legs when sleeping to help with the pain in hips? 

I hate being woken up it seems like I haven't had a real nights sleep for months!! We will be use to it by time babies come though xxx

• Options

Hi Rachie and welcome. 

I think a few of us have suffered and do suffer with SPD/PGP. In my last pregnancy I couldn't walk towards the end. But my hips went back to normal after my son was born. If you are concerned though speak to your midwife for a referral to a physio.

Oh gosh Lbester that sounds so annoying and disruptive.  And Laura the call.

Have a good day ladies

Xxx

• Options

Meralgia Paraesthetica is the latest thing to add to our list of ailments!! I have a numb outer left thigh turns into pins and needles sensation... apparently due to uterus pressing on a nerve so annoying!! It better not disrupt our baby moon next week to Crete!!! Be well everyone and happy easter xxx

• Options

I'm also struggling with hip pain, worse over the last few days. I sleep mostly on my left side and when I move back my left hip hurts a lot. 

I find they crack & pop a lot now too. 

Theres a fine line between wanting baby to stay in & get big but also wanting it all to be over!! x