Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hey ladies. Not been about for quite a while. Really glad to see everyone's doing well. I'm 18 weeks today and we heard the heartbeat last week. I'm getting movement which is amazing, and last night I swear I felt a light kick from the outside but not 100% sure on that. 

• Options

hello ladies

how are we all?

noraP sorry to hear about everything you are goign tjrough but all seems very positif and and you will grt to see baby lots ;-) 

msdodger ive been feeling weird butterfly feeling and can sometiems think I feel a ‘kick’ every time i put my other half hand kn very belly it just stops hahah bless him!

Alley bob88 it’s normal to feel nervous before the scan but just think that on your first scan all went well and everything will go well for this kne and you will get to see your baby!!

sorry i havent been posting lots just seem to never stop... i work part time everyday plus my 3 kids school and after school clubs and i look after 2 children 3 times a week after school to help a friend...  feeling so tired,just got into work and actually feel like crying because i just want to sleep, anyoen it’s feel like they just want rob escape everyday life and sleep for 2days? normally im ok but today just feel so drained.... 

• Options

Margheld  totally agree with feeling drained, the past few days work has really slowed down after being all go and feel like my body is exhausted from the past few months - the perks of working retail I suppose 

• Options

Thanks MargHeld, I’m certainly going to concentrate on the positives and look forward to seeing baby more 😊

Wow, no wonder your feeling tired, that’s a lot going on. I so feel your tiredness pain too! My job is heavily physically(luckily I just work 2 full days a week though) and I’ve been suffering from insomnia for a good few weeks now but the last 2 weeks I’ve not had more than 3 - 4 hours a night at most...I have had many cries on my husbands shoulder over my exhaustion. And he’s helping my as much as he can. Even my children are offering to help me out more too, which is lovely of them x 

• Options

As promised a pic of my little 17 week baby bump (kinda want it to grow!) image

• Options

Ah ladies I've been feeling a bit on the needy side today as today was the EDD of the bby that I lost at 6-7weeks.

So I got doppler yo have a listen and feel a little more secure.. found it strsight away but he/she was wriggling so much I was having to chase him/her around! 😁

Also, had my scan letter through for 7th Feb when I will be 18+5. 😊

So today perked up a little 😊

Xx

• Options

Awwh Rainbows well done for getting through today. Feeling needy is completely understandable. X

• Options

Hugs Rainbows. Must be soothing to hear baby's heartbeat though.

ive my scan on the 30th along with a glucose test. Anyone else opted for one? Can't wait to see my tiny dancer again. 

• Options

Aww big hugs rainbow!

my scan is on the 30th but really want to book a private scan just to see him/her. I really need to get my head round the fact that evrrything will be okay and even if it isn't its out of my control 😬

• Options

I have a proper and it' kept me from worrying. Although my gp said not to overuse it. My scan is on Wednesday I honestly don't know how I've not caved and booked one. I'e been told 3 times this week by friends and a nurse that they guess I'm carrying a boy so we will see Wednesday x

• Options

Doppler 

• Options

Morning all,

Tomorrow I have a private scan to find out the gender, I will be 17 weeks exactly. We just couldn’t wait until our 20 week scan on 5th Feb. 

I am now starting to worry though, I definitely haven’t felt the baby move and I weighed myself this morning and haven’t put on any weight at all, is that normal for this far along?  I do have a little tiny bit of a bump but this mainly just looks like I’m bloated.

• Options

Hi everyone, I’ve been quiet for a while just trying to cope with work and life and get over yet another cold.

I called in sick today as I can’t shake this one and feel sooo tired and once I cough I can’t stop. Then I start worrying about the baby 😢

Summer - enjoy your gender scan. Don’t worry about movement yet. It’s still early days and very erratic according to my midwife. Im 17+4 and I think I felt something at the beginning of the week but not since. (It‘s my second pregnancy which is supposed to make it  possible to feel movements a couple of weeks earlier.) You will feel better after your scan tomorrow 😊 

Hugs Rainbows - you never forget a loss - you’re definitely allowed to feel needy. 

I started a pregnancy yoga class last week. I would recommend. Lots of lovely stretching and breathing and chat with other pregnant ladies 😊

• Options

Rosberry just look after yourself, work can wait 😊. 

Summer I feel exactly the same, wish my bump would grow or something but your scan will be great, enjoy it! 

I have told work I'll work up till 2 week before my due date so the 8th june and everyone keeps telling me im mad :/ I don't really have a clue as this is my first but thought it would mean I'd have longer once the baby is here - any of you experienced people think I've lost my mind? Ha x

• Options

Allybob it’s tricky. You need time to rest and relax but you don’t want to feel like you’ve wasted time for after the baby is born. You will likely be exhausted and uncomfortable a number of weeks before you are due. It’s good to have time to rest and get your strength up beforehand - and just have time to do things for yourself. 

I had three weeks off before my daughter was born (she was a day early so could easily have been 5 weeks which might have been too long!) The trouble is not knowing! I used the time to get things ready, clean the house, go out for lunch with NCT friends etc. I also listened to hypnobirthing cds and tried to relax and think positive thoughts about the birth 😊

will you have any holiday to use up? I think I used two weeks holiday and one week maternity. I think you will accrue holiday while on maternity leave (I did and I wasn’t allowed to carry it over to the following year so I used it before which was good) you might be able to finish a bit earlier with some holiday if you need to? 

• Options

Summer I wouldn't worry, i was exactly 18 weeks 3 days when i felt actual kicks! And now I feel at least one strong one per day 😊 and flutters every afternoon.  Im massive! I can't just be carrying one, I have my scan on wed x

• Options

I'm going to go 3-4 weeks before. I'm only planning to take 6 months in total so this means I can return to work in December and get paid full pay for the Christmas holidays which I think I might appreciate by then! If I was planning on the whole year though I think I'd try and go closer to my due date. To be fair though, there's a family history of going 10days - a week early and, as a teacher, I can't think of anything worse than going into labour in front of the class 🙈

• Options

I reckon I can class this as an official bump now. My ribs are starting to be pushed out which is particularly uncomfortable. 20 weeks today! Half way!

• Options

Lovely bump pictures 😊

I cant wait for 20 week scan - two weeks today...