Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

How lovely Angel 😊 that must be super exciting to see again! 2 weeks and 2 days for us.. can't come soon enough!

Ally I LOVE your theme and your changing bag! I'm undecided as one comes with the pram so I might wait and see if I like it. Otherwise I've had my eye on Cath Kidston but I keep thinking all those pennies could be better spent elsewhere!

X

• Options

i love cath kidston and if we were finding out what we are having I must admit that prob would of been what I bought but i couldn't see a gender neutral one. 

I'm currentry obsessing over baby baths. This shnuggle thing seems to be the big hit but I have no clue what to look for! x

• Options

I had my vaccine 2 weeks ago..I was determined not to have the flu vaccine.. the nurse noticed i hadnt haf it and talked me into it and promised it wouldn't make me ill! I was really poorly!! Never again apoarently they get paid £25 per flu vacxine given 

• Options

That’s awful that she talked you into it Rachel! It’s ridiculous how much they push it onto everyone(& in my opinion normally just for the money they get). I’ve been badgered about it by my midwife and consultant and told them both not to bother as I won’t be giving in. Will be having the whooping cough though. 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing alright?
    Today we're asking the pregnant ladies on the forum, what are your comfiest maternity clothes and where are they from? Please do tell us on this new thread here. 

• Options

Hi ladies

How's everyone? has anyone else's achy joints kicked in? Im definitely there with achy hips and its only the half way point! Yikes!

Ive started buying the middle items now. Ordered the shnuggle bath and went with comotomo bottles. Still researching breast pumps, any suggestions?

• Options

I've been feeling a little sick and achey all day so I completely sympathise. I dread to think what it will feel like in 10 weeks and beyond as I'm only 21+4. 

I keep feeling really demotivated towards work as well which is particularly annoying as it's a full on point in the term, is anyone else feeling a bit like that?

I'm also interested in breast pump suggestions as well as bottles and sterilisation etc as we have no idea at all. 

• Options

I'm possibly a little bit controversial as I have no intention at all of breastfeeding, we have bought the dr browns bottles, warmer and sterilise. 

i had a really bad day yesterday with my hips and back so worked from home today - I'm not even 19 weeks yet and think I'm falling apart! 

• Options

I‘m sure achy joints had kicked in too by this point with both of my other 2 by this point mum2b...but I think my job(physio/hydro assistant) has kept it at bay for me a so far this time around! 

I have no clue when it comes to breast pumps and bottles - planning on breast feeding but it didn’t happen for long with my other 2 so should probably start thinking bottles and sterilizer too. 

Oh schmorgan, that’s not good 😥 you can only do as much as your body lets you, rest as much as you can whenever you can. 

I’ll have to google the dr brown bottles etc Allybob....thanks for the tip! 

• Options

Allybob I have no intention of breast feeding either. Everyone keeps asking if I will which I find a little inappropriate from people I barely know but everyone seems to be obsessed! 

We bought the tommie tipped bottle maker thing and the steriliser in mothercare on the sale. A few people have recommended the bottle maker now as it makes the bottle the right temperature in 2 minutes .

• Options

Summer all I have heard is 'oh you will change your mind' which is very patronising. 

Dr browns bottles are anti colic bottles, I figured it could do no harm to be prepared! 

• Options

That’s awful, for you both!! People really do shock me with their inappropriateness sometimes! It’s like th people that think its ok to put their hand on your stomach without asking first 😱

I’ve heard good things about the bottle maker thing too Summer! 

They sound great Allybob, like you say, no harm in being prepared. 

• Options

I know, the midwife spent a good 10 mins trying to persuade me at my booking appointment! I jusy think it’s every mums personal choice. 

I fond it very strange that women I barely know (who don’t have children) ask and then rattle off benefits of breast feeding! 

• Options

Oh Nora my mother in law thinks it's okay to now touch me all the time!! 

anyone suffering my bleeding gums? I know it's quite common in pregnancy but it's making me dread brushing my teeth! 

• Options

oh my goodness people touching my belly really really infuriates me! My sister and mother in law do it. What on earth for I have no idea they won’t  feel anything from her yet because I haven’t! 

• Options

Not judging at all!! I'm planning or should I say hoping to breastfeed till about 4 months. Although with my daughter 17 years ago now (gosh) I got mastitis and had to stop after 6 weeks, which is why I'm gonna get the breast pump, partly to help out so my boobs don't get too filled and painful. Sorry to scare first time mums but IT HURTS!!! Just trying to get the colostrum in baby and boost her immunity a bit  (least so I read). 

I bought one comotomo bottle to see. Looks good and it's soft and squishy like a boob. My friend is gonna give me her formula making thingie.

• Options

Too right it’s every mum’s personal choice - and people don’t make decisions lightly, so that was really bad of a midwife to do it too!! 

Oh god Allybob, how do you cope with that?! Talk about an invasion of your personal space. 

Haha summer so true, do they not realise that they’re literally just touching you?! lol

mum2b, that’s exactly what happened to me with my son 14 years ago...I wouldn’t wish mastitis on my worst enemy(ok, maybe I would 🤫), so I also stopped breastfeeding my son at 6 weeks. 

• Options

Forgot to say Allybob I too have bleeding gums when I brush. It's the gagging that gets me though which usually leads to a puke. Hence why I have haven't gone to the dentist for it as I doubt I can keep my mouth open without the gagging.

• Options

I'm hoping to breast feed but I can completely understand why someone wouldn't want to. People can be so rude and inconsiderate. It's like what someone was saying about being pressured into having the flu vaccine. 

I told my midwife we are only planning to have one and she kept saying that she was SURE I'd change my mind! 

After not really showing for ages I suddenly popped last week and on Sunday my OH made the mistake of saying 'oh wow you ARE big suddenly' (he meant bump specific he later clarified as he grovelled and tried to stop the melt down) 😂

• Options

Ooh just started looking at comotomo I like the look of them! Beats OH's suggestion of a fake boob for when anyone else feeds her...