Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Not sure who was craving these but was in aldi and seen these image

• Options

Yay another boy!!! Congrats chels! 🎉👶🏻💙

Thanks kara, Im loving the maternity range on allbitslondon. Really nice stuff 😊 Same for my poor OH, everytime he runs over when bubs is really active, he misses it or has to wait ages for her to move again haha. 

Congrats on the house Roo, so pleased everything is falling into place for you! 🤗 Can't wait to hear what you're having! Eeeeek 2 more sleeps 🙉

Mrsp, dont worry we're all be counting the days with you until your scan! That's the nice thing about these forums, you can rant and talk about baby stuff until you're blue in the face without boring anyone at home etc 😂 Sounds like you're feeling baby, not too much longer for the big flips and nudges 😊 What makes you think team pink? Is it a gut Instinct? I deffo had a gut feeling for team pink 💗

• Options

Thanks elexox it is nice to have a place to chat without having to worry I’m annoying someone. gut feeling is saying girl I had a dream the other night that we’d gone to the 20 week scan my husband was stuck in the car park trying to park we’d forgtten to get my Mum but continued with the scan and they confirmed it was a girl so have a funny feeling we’re gonna be the odd one out in our family and have a girl first lol 

• Options

evening ladies - sorry I've been rubbish posting again. I went home sick with a really bad cold on monday afternoon and have been off all day. Gonna try catch up here as best I can!

MrsP - As others have said, movements can be difficult to detect this early. You should see a pattern once you go into third tri but that's not always the case. If you have an anterior placenta (which I do this time), it can be much harder. Try to trust your body and your baby - they know what they're doing xxxx

Elexox - hot mama alert! You look stunning in that dress - swit swoo! Good luck with nesting - it's so exciting, isn't it?

chelsdavis - congrats on team blue - boys are so much fun!

Roo - congrats on the house. you're a brave lady - house and baby - all at once?! Wow! Lots and lots of luck at your scan. Yayy to kicks!

Kara - My H has the same with the kicks - he's convinced she gets shy when he comes near!

Thanks everyone for the advice about the shoe. It was the baby show in the olympia so I've tried contacting them and Danielle on here has gone to find some help too so fingers crossed. 

Hope everyone is well xxx

• Options

No worries at all MrsP. Tayto is right about the anterior placenta, you'll soon find out if you have one at the scan. That's a funny dream, hopefully the late to the room part doesn't come true, maybe you'll join team pink afterall hehe 🙉

Tayto, oh no sorry to hear of your cold 😞 They are absolutely sh*t when you're pregnant! Fingers crossed for the shoe 🤞🏼. Thanks for the dress compliment 😘, I feel more confident to wear it now... I'm not really a dress/skirt person so it's quite a big deal for me when Ive got one on! And yes I totally love the nesting.

Started my essentials list today, my friend is bringing round all her little girls things so I'm looking forward to delving through that tomorrow 😁 That should scratch my nesting itch for a while haha. Anyone else started to nest or have a strong urge to get baby things organised? 

• Options

Thanks ladies your all a big help x

im a huge organiser ( I planned my wedding with in 2 weeks and had the prep done 6months before the big day lol ) so it’s been hard for me to resist the urge to get the room sorted I’m trying so hard to hang in till the new year to paint but I really want to get started so badly. We all ready have most essential stuff like cot, changing unit, bottles, bath, mattress, and some clothes and a baby bouncer seat and of course the pram is being delt with. We decided that there is no need to buy anything else as everyone else will help out I’ve got a chair coming from my mum and won’t by a Brest pump until babies arrived as it’s dependant on babies needs but a friend has offered me one she has that hasn’t been used that she got for free. So I think we’re pretty covered lol 

• Options

elexox - that will be fun - going through your friends stuff. My NCT friend has offered me some stuff as has one of my colleagues at work so I'm looking forward to seeing what they have. Nesting is so much fun, isn't it? I don't think I embraced it enough with my first pregnancy!

MrsP - wow! 6 months in advance; fair play to you! On the night before my wedding, I was still fixing the table plan but only cos H's uncle said no the night before and my mums friend added her +1 at the last minute too - was really annoying! That's great you've got so much stuff already. I agree with the breast pump decision - I ended up exclusively pumping for 8 months for my son and changed my pump 3 or 4 times before I finally got one I liked. 

I'm still off work today as still not feeling the best. I just have a horrendous cough that will not go! Still in my pjs which is lush!

• Options

NOT nice being ill generally but when pregnant it’s worse. Hope you feel better soon lovely. 

I could do with being in my pj’s All day and have a brake from work for a little while but I’m trying to hang in there as I’ll have loads of time off with buba. I have a few days off next week which is nice to hopefully that will help with a much needed brake. 

A few of my work colleagues and friends of my Mum have offered us stuff also. this was another contributing factor to me stopping buying things. I’m really looking forward to getting the room sorted 😊

• Options

Aw hope u feel Better soon tayto. 

Ive been off today too and have been out shopping for tons of baby things. including the nursery wallpaper so OH can get cracking on that. I feel so much better that I’ve got things now. Just got a few more things but I no family want to help so I’ll leave the rest for them. I was going to buy a buggy board brand new but they are £60! I might just look on eBay as cant justify spending so much on something my daughter will just stand on with muddy shoes lol! 

• Options

We don’t know when we move yet it’s all got to be made official and we’re  house hunting to make sure we know it’s the one so it’s all very early stages! But we have one picked with an offer accepted we just need to make sure it’s all perfect for baby. I’m sooooooo excited for my scan tomorrow it literally feels like Christmas Eve! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Options

Ah roo how exciting! Things are really coming together for you! Is your scan early tomorrow? 

I ended up getting a cancellation and having my scan today! We were booked in for Friday but with it being moving day we thought it would be best to try and move it if we could. Sonographer confirmed definitely a girl 💗! But she was curled up in a ball so she really struggled with measurements, we were in ages and she finally gave up with only 1 to go! I have to go back in 2 weeks to try again. I'm nervous because this is what happened to my friends and they went back and lots of things were wrong and they have obviously just tried not to worry them. But I asked her that and she said she honestly wasn't concerned she just couldn't quite get what she needed. 

• Options

Thank you lovely! My scan is at 10.30 so il post as soon as I can! 

oooooooo congrats on team pink!!!! Don’t worry about it as hard as it is, surely because you asked outright they’re obliged to tell you if they had concerns so just try to not worry ❤️❤️

• Options

Ah congratulations dinky 💕

yeah Roo is right try not to worry. When I went for My 20 week scan with my daughter they asked Me to come back as they couldn’t check the heart fully because of her position. i Went back  a week later and everything was absolutely fine 😊

• Options

Tayto, yeah me too. I definitely didnt embrace my first pregnancy at all really. Which I'm sad about now but I'm trying to make up for it all this time round 😁

Congrats dinky on your baby girl! 

Roo, can't wait so excited for you!!! 💙💗

Kara, I wish I couldve just gone back another day... I was made to walk around, go and eat and do star jumps so the woman could check her heart at my 20 week scan 😩 

21 weeks today! I'm starting to feel really heavy and achy in the pelvis now but I'm carrying really high again so not sure what's going on! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Probably sciatica setting in 🙄

• Options

Aw elexox sounds uncomfortable. When I lie on my left side in bed my right hip gets pins and needles and eventually goes numb. It’s not painful but I can only cope with it so long before I have to move. I’m putting it down to the weight of baby lying on a nerve maybe. I didn’t experience it with My first pregnancy. Sometimes it happens when I’m sitting on sofa too but slightly leaning to the left. 

so excited for your scan tomorrow Roo 💙💕 My guess is boy (god knows why)😂

• Options

I have had similar pains when I lie on my left side! I woke up and had pins and needles in my hip it was weird, I moved and it stopped eventually but it only happened once so I have just put it down to lying weird. Absolutely everyone other than my mum has said boy! Something is telling me boy too but  I’m honestly so excited for either and just want to know so I can think ‘I’m having a son‘ or ‘I’m having a daughter’ 😍

i keep smiling and getting really excited it feels like Christmas Eve. I am definitely not going to sleep tonight! 

• Options

Yes I get that too Kara. And I just get pins and needles from sitting on a chair normally! None of which I experienced with my first pregnancy. I cannot believe how different my 2 pregnancies (excluding but never forgetting the one I lost), have been. 

How did you sleep Roo? The excitment is just too much isn't it! Eeek a few more hours for the moment of truth...  🙉💙💗 

• Options

Hip pain is the wors. I get it loads at night I sleep on my left after a while it becomes painful and has a slight burning sensation so I turn to my right hip and after a while the same thing. I’ve even had it that when I turn over on to my right hip my left hip is still aching to the point that I have to shove a pillow behind me to I can lean against it without sleeping on my back after a few minutes it ease off thankfully but the whole thing makes for a bad night sleep. Especially when my cat dis coded he wants in on the pillow action and is gonna sleep behind my head lol. 

im gonna mention it to my midwife in December as my cousin had SPD on both her pregnancies it appears to be quite common and makes towards the end of pregancy very uncomfortable. 

Good luck for today too xxxx 

• Options

Hi ladies!!!! My mother’s instinct was correct and I’m team blue!!!! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

• Options

Yaaaay, Congratulations Roo 💙🎉👶🏻 Another prince in the group! 😍👏🏼