Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

aW kara he is so sweet 😍 hopefully he’s not too bad with the injection 😞

i managed to see the doctor and after visiting 7 pharmacies i managed to get the antibiotics and ear drops she prescribed! As well as my ear infection getting worse I have also developed an oral infection. For some reason none of the pharmacies had the antibiotic ear drops in stock until the last pharmacy near us said they had one in stock thank god. The antibiotics are just general ones But I will try anything to try and get rid of this pain 😭 

• Options

Hi everyone, we thought we better get this March 2018 Babies thread kicked off. Please feel free to come on over to the new thread now, or if you prefer to wait until your baby arrives, that's no problem either - whatever suits you!

Please do come and click on the thread though and hit the green follow button so you don't miss out on any posts. 

We'll lock this thread when all the babies have arrived... 

• Options

Afternoon all, how is everyone?

Chels - glad to hear you managed to get antibiotics - hope they start to work nice and quick! How are you feeling in general? How far are you now? Xxx

MrsP - well done on the house tasks - I have a tendency to do anything else except house stuff when I'm at home! Hope you're having your sofa day today instead then! How are you getting on with the loom? Be careful if considering a Stretch and Sweep - it can often be a cascade of interventions and recent research shows that, if your cervix is not ready, it won't do anything and could do more harm than good. Feel free to tell me to keep my beak out - this is obviousyl your decision and I know how uncomfortable it is now for you so can only imagine how nice it would be to encourage him on! Remind me of your EDD again? I know we're the last two...

Kara - lovely to hear from you and that photo of Jude is stunning! Sorry to hear they may need to take bloods - it's so awful. Everything crossed that he's making his own and not needing anything extra. Well done on the good healing & no painkillers - you rock! I think I was still taking mine for 2 weeks the last time! 

Dinky - nice to see you too. Hope all goes well with hubby being back at work. I remember it being a big deal when I had my first but hopefully not as bad this time around! (It helps that my H now works from home!) Hope the HV and the newborn pics went well today! Have you got any further with Amelia's scan?

AFM - Hospital visit was fine yesterday. Had al the checks carried out by a very senior lady who we've met before and she was great. No pressure to be induced or for any other meddling. The coordinator came to see us at the end and was great too. I've really had a fantastic experience at the hospital with this pregnancy. If my resolve gives in, I'll definitely be ok with going there for help! Baby has been very active and both of us are showing all the signs of wellness so we will continue to wait. I'm thinking I'm starting to feel fed up though... Even though I'm only 39+3 and F wasn't born until 40+5. I'm going to be left on here all on my own, aren't I? I've had lots of pressure though so I'm trying to be optimistic! Birth pool room now completely ready :-)

I'm visualising this to try keep me sane!

Love to all xx

• Options

Yes they have kicked in nicely! Ear infection still raging on hard however im not really feeling any pain anymore thank god. 

I’m officially 41 weeks today and definitely feeling fed up lol. Had to cancel my midwife appointment today  because I still feel crappy and it’s also in a different town this week for some reason and the only way I would be able to get there would be a lift from my step dad and he has flu so I don’t want him driving around the state he’s in at the moment. 

Good to know you’re both healthy and doing well! im Sure you won’t have much longer to wait 

xx

• Options

My due date is the 29th. I’m completely fed up too. Been having loads of Bh and feeling so heavy in the hip area. But I’m so thankful these antibiotics have kicked in I feel tones better. 

Ive had a little more energy today so went to visit my mum. Hubby is desperate to encourage baby to arrive so we've been taking walks in the evening with fingers crossed it helps.

You wont be on here alone if anyone will it’ll be me if this baby doesn’t make a move over the next few days haha 

glad things seam to be in the end for you chels shame you could make your appointment but I’m sure your step dad appreciates it and I’m sure you both could do with the rest beeing I’ll. 

tayto I love that pic it’s amazing that’s a nice thing to use for visualisation. 

my midwife has still not done a birth plan with me so tonight I’m gonna sit down and do some research online and write one up feel like this is something that should have been covered a while ago 

• Options

Glad to hear the pain has eased Chels - hope the infection itself buggers off too! When do you next meet your midwife?

MrsP - My last NHS midwife didn't do a birth plan with me - I had to do one on my own. It got ignored when we were in the hospital anyway. I thought I had a good one but, when it came down to it, the effectively told us what we were doing as we were in a slightly panicky situation. That's not the norm though so I would definitely recommend doing a plan. Have you heard about the Positive Birth Book from Milli Hill? She encourages a 'visual birth plan' - you can download the icons here: http://www.pinterandmartin.com/the-positive-birth-book-visual-birth-plan-free-download.html 

Have a look - I've done one for if we need to transfer to hospital. As my home birth is with independent midwives, I haven't done one for here. We've discussed lots of stuff along the way so I'm pretty sure they know what we want but it might be a good idea to pop some stuff on paper anyway :-)

• Options

Hi everyone, we're announcing the winners of the MadeForMums Awards 2018 tomorrow and also giving peeps the chance to win a fabulous iCandy Peach buggy too. 
    Head to Latest Posts to find out more! 

• Options

Evening ladies, how're we doing? Mum I'm hoping the radio silence means you might have some news Chels and MrsP?!

I've been surging away again today but no real rhythm to them so I'm not expecting much. 

Hope everyone else is well xx

• Options

Unfortunately not for me tayto! ☹️ I have been the same as you though all day been getting contractions but never getting closer than 10 mins really. So frustratin! 

Must be annoying for you too 😔 are they painful for you? Mine are becoming painful like top end uncomfortable 

• Options

I'm the exact same Chels - 10 mins apart or longer and only lasting 30-45 seconds so no real purpose to them. I'm kinda getting fed up now. Gonna try the ball this morning and some spinning babies/squatting stuff to help her into position. 

When do you next meet your midwife?

• Options

I thought yesterday was just waste however I’ve been awake since 4 this morning with full on contractions. Today could be the day!! At the moment they’re 4/5 mins apart lasting 30-40 seconds and damn they are painful 😅😅😅

• Options

Go on Chelsdavis123! Woo hoo! Have a nice warm bath, and a cup of tea - are you going to head to hospital soon?

• Options

Ahhh this is excellent news Chels! I'm only a teeny bit jealous, I promise! Lots of luck and I hope you will be holding your bubba very very soon!

• Options

Yay chels sounds like this could be it! Fingers crossed for you and best of luck! Looking forward to a birth announcement soon. 

MrsP maybe have a read up on stretch and sweep. I'd never had one before but it seemed to work this time for me. Apparently it's a 50/50 chance they work but your cervix needs to be favourable so slightly softened I think. Personally I didn't find mine painful but I've had a baby before and was already 2cm and partially effaced so it probably made it more bearable? 

First day solo parenting went great! My parents popped up in the afternoon so we could go register Amelia. I've woken up today with a stiff neck though so should make today fun as I can hardly move it! 

Tayto I hope after all these surges you have some dilation. Did you say you weren't having any internals though? 

• Options

You're correct dinky, I'm not having any internals - as the waters are broken (even though it's only a trickle), - the risk of infection is too high. WWe'l have no idea of how dilated I am and, to be honest, it's doesn't necessarily mean a lot as someone could progress very quickly or very slowly - it's not a accurate reflection of progress so I'm not bothered.

Well done on first day of solo parenting! Ahhh, registering baby - I'm looking forward to that! What caused the stiff neck do you think? Be careful in case it's an indicator of something xx

• Options

Amelia was feeding lots and quite unsettled last night so I think in the little sleep I've had I must have lay funny! Ouch! 

True the only thing I gained from the internals was that at least all the pain was worth it as I was progressing quickly! If they'd told me I wasn't dilating I think I would have been really deflated and it may have affected my labour. 

Oh MrsP I didn't have a birth plan either time. I think unless you're really clued up like what tayto has done they are a bit pointless as once labour starts you just have to go with the flow and follow medical advice if needed. I wouldn't have known that you can refuse induction once waters are broken. If you're well informed though you can influence your birth a lot more like tayto has. 

• Options

Morning ladies. 

Fingers crossed chels things are heading in the right direction. 

Hope it won’t be much longer for you either tayto 

woohoo on the solo parenting dinky sounds like you’ve got your groove. 💃🏼

I’m very jealous 39weeks today and no baby yet😤

ive been really uncomfortable lately with baby being in my hips lots of discomfort there. Hubby is getting anxious too lol we’ve been going out for walks in the evening to try and spur things on. im pretty convinced he’s gonna be a March  baby but we’ll just have to wait and see. 

Todays plan is for a swim and maybe try some pineapple (even though I can’t stand the stuff) lol hopeing that this will push things forward. Baby keeps hitting my cervix which this time round feels right so I’m hope this means that he won’t be long.

don't think I’ve had a single contraction yet but from what I’ve read omline is some first time mums don’t feel them until you’re in active labour. I did however wake at midnight yesterday with a whole bunch of energy and ended up cleaning the kitchen and then went on to clean the house after breakfast .. house has never been so clean lol. I’m trying to stay on the ball as much as possible.

as for the birth plan I’m mainly just want to write a few things so hubby and Mum are aware when the time comes. Recently watched one born every minute and found out that if they offer a forceps delivery you can ask for a couple pushes to see if baby will move and if so you might’ve lucky enough to continue on labouring naturally thought that was interesting. I’m greatful for all the advise you ladies give it’s a real help like you said dinky it’s best to try and be fully informed as possible to your options.

cant believe there is only a week left till my due date it’s crazy 😜 hope we don’t have to wait to much longer. 

• Options

Thank you for all your love and support ladies! 

💙Lawrence, born 1:13am on the 23rd March. Weighing a whooping 9lbs!!!💙

im completely and totally in love. 

Will write up a birth story for the other blog when everything settles down. 

Hope everyone is well xxx

• Options

I knew it! The minute I got the notification, I knew out it a birth announcement! Fantastic news Chels - so thrilled for you! Huge congrats - he's absolutely gorgeous and what a fantastic weight too!

• Options

Chels i knew you didn’t be next lol what a Cutie bet your glad the wait is over. hope your both doing well.

so jealous now just you and me tayto.