Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone, I’m currently 4 weeks and found out last Thursday. It’s my first pregnancy at 34 and we conceived on the second month of trying Metformin as I have PCOS. My due date is 10th March 2020. It feels like such a long wait until the first scan! Feeling quite nervous and hoping that everything is progressing as it should. For those of you who have had previous pregnancies, did you get an early scan? 

• Options
    Thanks @DanielleMFM 🤗

Congrats @MrsS35 🌈🎉!! We made it this far with ivf (let’s keep going!)

Congrats @SM9 and welcome... I believe fertility doctors monitor often before the 8-12 weeks. My cousin who got pregnant with metformin did that through her regular doctor and they didn’t want a scan until 12 weeks! I believe. So I don’t feel that it is unusual. It’s such a tough window to be in! Sending you lots of luck that everything is growing as it should 💕
  • Options
    When is your first scan @SM9? 🍀 
  • Options
    @Lbauer27 - thank you! I have an appointment with my GP this afternoon to let them know that I got a bfp so hopefully they can answer some more questions and provide some reassurance! 😊💕
  • Options
    @Lbauer27 - not sure regarding first scan just yet. I’m hoping my GP can shed some light at this afternoon’s appointment.
  • Options
    Good luck @SM9! Will be thinking of you sending lots of happy thoughts 🌈☀️💕
  • Options
    No 3rd and final round. Only got 1 viable embryo. This is my last chance. 
  • Options
    @Lbauer27 - aww thanks so much hun, its nice to have some support as none of my family and friends know just yet so I haven't got anyone to speak to except the hubby! 

Doctor's appointment went well - he did a few checks - blood pressure, oxygen circulation, lungs (as I have a cold at the moment). Everything looks ok, so I've just picked the hospital where I would like antenatal care and submitted the form. They'll be in touch soon for the booking in appointment (before 10 wks) :)

• Options
    This will be the one MrsS! 

Congrats SM9, I had an early scan at just over 6 weeks last time. I had that done at the fertility clinic. When are you planning on telling people? 
  • Options
    @jojo1982 - thank you! We were thinking of telling immediate family just after 12 weeks and friends/ work around the 20 week mark. They both feel like a long while off right now! 

What can you find out at a six week scan? 
  • Options
    @MrsS35 🤞 sounds like this is the one then! Sending positive energy! 💞

@jojo1982 yeah I’m wondering what they see at 6 weeks also! I have my first scan Friday at my fertility clinic and am nervous 😬 assuming they just make sure it embedded in the right spot? Too early for a heartbeat right? I’ve never made it to heartbeat stage and hoping I can get there this time. Hope your 6 week scan is perfect! 💗

@SM9 glad the appointment went well! 💕 will continue to send you good energy for your next checkup!

• Options

This was my last 6w scan. It doesn't look exactly baby-like but they can detect a heartbeat that early. 
  • Options
    edited Aug 5, 2019 8:53AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Options
    That’s incredible @jojo1982 🤗🤗🤗 thank you for sharing!! 🌈☀️ You must be so excited!!
  • Options
    @jojo1982 did you have to ask for copy of ultrasound or do you just get one? 
  • Options
    By "last 6 week scan", I meant when I was having my daughter, as I'm not 6 weeks yet so not sure exactly when my scan will be this time.
    I'm still definitely excited though! MrsS as I had that done at the fertility clinic I was given scan copies. But all the ones I had at the hospital you had to pay £5 for a picture. I'm not under a clinic this time so all my scans will be at the hospital unless I pay privately for one. 
  • Options
    @jojo1982 hope everything is OK for both of us. Counting down the days till 15th.
  • Options
    @jojo1982 oh wow! Got it! 😉 I’m having a scan done Friday at only 5 weeks and 2 days. Not sure why though. Hoping it’s bc they feel they can detect something? Maybe just to see where it implanted? Excited but nervous of course. 
  • Options
    @Lbauer27 I've read it's to see if sac etc has been formed. Been googling loads about what's going on. 
  • Options
    Pretty much the only advantage of conceiving via IVF is you get soooo many opportunities to see your baby developing!
    Friday is so soon Lori, hope everything looks great on the scan 😁.

I went to the Dr's this morning and don't fit the criteria for an NHS early scan so I called the EPU who said I can only get one if I actually get symptoms of an ectopic (but she wouldn't tell me what those are in case I got worried haha!). She just said to go the Dr's with any symptoms that aren't normal for me. I'm pregnant - nothing is normal for me! So I booked a private scan for Wednesday then EPU called and said I should have one after all. So now I also have one booked for Monday 😂
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions