Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

I love the outfit 🙂

Does the spot where it hurts happen to be where you feel most of the kicking? I've heard that can cause soreness for a while especially the bigger they get. If it gets worse I'd definitly call to get it checked though.

• Options

Thanks mochi 😁😁

its not really where he kicks, that's the weird thing. He usually kicks me to the right side, but the sore spot is in the middle right at the top of my belly! Not sure what to do!

Has anyone else's belly button popped out? Mine seems to be right at the edge, maybe by the end it might pop out 🤰🏼😂

• Options

Ah I did some washing this weekend too. I've got new draws but just need to organise it all in size order. 

ive not bought much else yet. I feel october is the month.  

I've got next week off to chill and paint some more. Then I've got 4 weeks of handover at work to my cover then I finish on 30th oct for 12 months.  Whoop. I hope I'll be on time as I have a bump photo shoot the week before my due date. 

I am peeing loads and baby is low, making my pubic bone so painful. But all tests have been normal and I'm seeing the midwife in the morning. 

8 weeks to go. So exciting. Our babas will be here before we know it girls x

• Options

It's probably best to check it out if you can't find anything about it online. It may just go away on its own though 🙂 My belly button used to be very deep but now it's kinda stretched and feels like within the next month it might try and pop out!

8 weeks! That's so exciting. I can't believe how close we all are ♡ I believe I have 9 weeks left but I still can't wrap my head around all of this. I never thought I'd ever have to experience child birth lol

• Options

8 weeks today for me. Not long at all. We went to look at the birthing centre today, I’m hoping for a water birth on a Midwife led unit but need to wait till 36 weeks to see what the consultant recommends. 

Im hoping my belly button doesn’t pop out. I’d have to hide it with plasters if it does. I hate outies. 😳.   

• Options

Haha chantelle that made me laugh about your love of outies 😂

I am was booked in for an appointment at 36 weeks with the consultant to get the go ahead hopefully for a midwife led waterbirth as even though I have MS, ive had a low risk pregnancy so I don't see why not. The appointment got changed to 34 weeks for some reason, hope she will still be able to tell me there and then. Also because of the change in appointment the midwife won't give me a 34 week check, I'm sure last time I saw the consultant she doesnt do the midwife type checks. Oh well I will have to insist I suppose. 

On to other news, this happened today!! I've gone from having nothing to all of a sudden feeling quite prepared! Crib is coming this week too!

• Options

Exciting jadeel, weve got the cot up need to get mattress and bedding and hopefully getting crib and pram next weekend. It’s in the store waiting for us to collect.  

8 week to go. I’m actually getting apprehensive Now, I can do pain so I’m not worried about the birth it will hurt a hell of a lot I know but I know it’s not forever so it will stop. I’m more nervous about bringing a new born home. I mean what do you do with it?  Will I be Able to feed baby or will I be too exhausted after birth to care?   Give me a 2 year old any day. They can tell you what they want. A new born cries when hungry and tired, cries when over stimulate, cries when under stimulate, cries when sad probably cries when happy too. 🤔. Hmmmmm. There is too much to think about. 

• Options

It's really crazy. I'm worried about bringing a newborn home too. My last baby was 5 weeks old when I took her home, she could hold her own head up by then and was more responsive and interactive. What does a newborn do? Surely a day old baby is too vulnerable to come home? 

Sounds like you are fairly organised though :) have you given your birth plan much thought yet? What are you requesting happens/doesn't happen? It's crazy to think how close we all are now. I can't wait to meet him! 

Verity is still breastfed, so I'm hoping he takes to it so I can feed them both :) 

• Options

wow 7 weeks to due date suddenly s but anxious as not prepared and not  sorted house since we moved tricky with work and 17 month old

mat leave due to start on 1st Nov but considering using annual leave 1-2 weeks before hand 

we got second cot as toddler still using his cot bed but won't need until baby a bit older have the bedside crib which I need to clean and get OH to assemble 

I just got a condenser as felt would help in winter a all baby laundry I have to do beforehand. OH feels will impact on electricity bill. 

Pram also sorted just got extra bits to make our icandy peach a double (the icandy was lovely gift when I had my first from my mum) 

love the coming home outfit still try to sort mine and a nice blanket. 

just got back from a short holidsy at Isle of Arran loved it also now looking forwatd to a bit of a rest before baby arrives, 

• Options

Ah i have so many questions too, but trying not to worry too much about any of them and focus on him being here. Once he arrives I’ll see how I feel and we will all have the support of the doctors & nurses if we are feeling anxious about anything to do with our babies👶🏼 Ultimately we are there to look after them and that’s all they need, so we can do it ladies with the power of coffee I suppose 😊

I put up the crib today, i got the Knuma huddle in the end as its actually one of the only cosleeping ones that go high enough to match my mattress height!

To be honest I haven’t done a birth plan yet! But I am doing hypnobirthing, so will be including that and asking for minimal intervention from midwives and will be trying to make sure I labor at home for as long as possible before even going into hospital. I want to delay the cord clamping until it stops pulsating naturally and try for a natural third stage delivery, although I’m fine to have the injection if it doesn’t happen within 20-30 minutes I think. Oh I want to try and birth in the pool, using water as pain relief. I just want the overall experience to be as calm and serene as possible, I don’t want a busy room with lots of people in and out.

I had my NCT class this weekend, I went in for the first half on Saturday but didn’t go back after the lunch break. I really didn’t like the way the class was being delivered, I found the teacher was a bit odd and I felt so uncomfortable. Also the other women there I didn’t feel like I hit it off with anyone. Maybe if my DH was here it would have felt different, but never mind I’m sure I’ll be fine without it. 

Xx

• Options

Just seen your post fludu, thats great you seem to be pretty well organized! If you take annual leave that means only a few weeks left at work for you, exciting! What is a condenser if I may ask?? Xx

• Options

Just seen all the typo from my phone predictive text 😂

@jadelex sorry it's a Condenser dryer so can finally pack up  my space occupying airer and use for drying baby laundry etc

i don't feel organised keep thinking baby would arrive early and not prepared 

love your knuma huddle looks so similar to snuzpod. 

No birth plan also due to post partum haemorrhage with first and needing blood transfusion told can't go to birthing centre has to be labour ward with medical cover prefer the birthing centre but understand concerns re-risk

I didn't attend any NCT classes with first but did the hospital classes the one to prep for labour was fab. I m sure will have similar locally 

• Options

Oh ok I see.. Thats good you’ve got that, for sure it will come in handy with the new addition to the laundry load! 

Yeah I did origanally want the Snuz but my mattress is 69cm high so it wasnt possible unfortunately, luckily this one is quite similar and has all the same functions. I think I can even buy the Snuz fitted sheets as the mattress size is so similar. I’m planing on putting a sleepy head in there, havent got it yet though as someone is buying it for us.

I bought a gym ball today in preparation for labour, also because it’s so comfy to sit on with an achy back 😃

• Options

OMG jade we are so similar with the birth plan lol. The hypnobirthing course is fab and that exactly how I hope it goes. Calm, little intervention, delayed cord clamping and also at least an hour soon to skin before any stats taken. I've also read about not wiping their hands so they can smell the amniotic fluid, leave them on your belly and eventually when they are ready they will pull themselves up to your breast to naturalkey latch themselves. This would be my perfect birth. Hers hoping. 

I just ordered the chicco next to me an we pick up the pram next week.  Everyone else seems to be getting us the other stuff which is fab. 

Anyone else's boobs grown again! They areby stopping 😂 I wish I knew what birth weight the baby will be and the sex. I feel like my going home outfits are very boring lol x

• Options

@Jadelex also have sleepyhead but my first didn't like it at all so was hardly used. He loved the snuzpod hated pram or any confined space in general. For some babies works fab. Just hope this baby likes it. I'll feel much  better about buying it in the first place

@WLJ I have seen videos of baby latching this wat looked so sweet and natural 

• Options

All of this is stressing me out beyond belief! I've tried making a birthplan but I just get very confused :/ I'm assuming the midwife will help at some point? I'm just worried I'm not educated enough on all these different possibilities.

• Options

Also TMI but has anyone had to combat major leakage from the breast area? 😅 I haven't been able to find any pads I could use to stop it yet.

• Options

Yeah first baby. I think it's a mix between milk and that clear liquid they keep telling us about but it can get VERY annoying when it comes unexpectedly 😥 I'll be sure to check that out. Thank you!

• Options

Wow you are all so organised! All I have is the crib I got given...but did get round to buying new mattress and sheets so that is now all ready to go.

I know what you mean WLJ about outfits being boring., I can defo see the benefit to dining out now I'm actually trying to buy things!

Mochi i too am leaking, but not enough yet to bother with pads.

What car seat has everyone opted For? That's my next purchase and I'm so confused!