Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    This little ones movements make me jump sometimes too 🤣 I’ll literally be doing nothing and Yelp & my oh looks over & starts laughing 🙊 he has some powerful moves makes my whole stomach shudder 😆🥰 

Has anyone’s bub started having hiccups? This little man has been having them daily for a few days now I don’t think he’s amused by them he starts flippin all around when they start 🤣 the good thing is I can feel them low down so I’m hoping that means he is head down & stays that way 🤞🏽

I haven’t even made my hospital bag list yet I love a list 🤣🥴 I’ll start picking bits up at 30 weeks I like to make sure it’s all packed by 35/36 weeks I’m yet to pick up his wardrobe & next 2 me crib. Picking them up at the end of next month as I have no space atm with kadys birthday bits taking up my biggest storage cupboard 🙈

@wlj Oh I love boohoo maternity stuff I have pjs on my wish list to buy for hospital/after birth.. you looked amazing though I have no idea what I’d wear to a formal occasion thankfully there aren’t any until next summer now I can hide away with my bigger waist line 🤣🥳 

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I started antibiotics on Monday, they were the only option I had and whilst not ideal, it's better than leaving the bacteria there to breed. 
    Small boy is mega wriggly, which I love. But he's big and transverse and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable 😕 I'm not whinging, because I wanted this for a long time, just wish my lungs had stayed healthy for it. 

We have everything ready, as realistically he could be here at anytime from now. I do need to pack hospital bags though!! 

29 weeks now, OH and I went out for a meal last night, I ate too much and felt AWFUL all evening!!! That'll teach me 🤣
  • Options
    @WLJ I think I will be stressed out until my bag is packed. I've Ordered a bigger changing bag for both now, so that will be baby's hospital bag

Love that you've got dome boohoo pjs. I've just got some that I had last time with buttons to pop the girls out every half an hour 🙄😂

@hannah9000 glad baby is doing well, even with the antib's. I hear you on the uncomfortable. This boy's still moving daily. Last wed he was finally head down, friday complete breech and I've definitely felt him transverse today 😂 jealous of your meal out. Think I'm not being brave enough and should just go for it. You look gorgeous btw 😘
  • Options
    Ah @hannah9000 you look awesome. Glad they are keeping you safe on antibiotics. Did they find some that don’t damage babies teeth etc or are you having to just go for it? 

I’ve been eating out too much. Love this half price stuff. Had some mega amazing meals for so cheap. I need to stop though or I’ll be getting fat haha 

29 weeks today. Whoop
    x
  • Options
    @hannah9000 you look gorgeous! 
    Glad you are on meds right now baby will be fine🌸
    I feel u on th eating too much🤣i just think our abides are taking up too much room, i fill up so quickly nowadays🤭
  • Options

Who else hasn't seen their lady parts in a while😅🤣🤣🤣 
    28weeks + 3🥰
  • Options
    @teeteee yeah I have felt the hiccups too lol 😆 but i feel them low down and then she flips and I feel them on my sides too haha little monkey.
     Glad you are doing OK @hannah9000 , you look lovely BTW
    Yep those days are long gone @First-time-mommy 🤣

30 weeks tomorrow for me. I've had a crazy busy week this week as I was back at work. Its ruined me 😫 awful sitting on the office chair for 8 hours. Just can't get comfortable. They've still not sorted my maternity stuff, even though I am due to finish at the end of September! We also went to view a childminder this week and actually secured our place 😬😬 seems so far in advance but my OH knows her and we didn't want to let the opportunity pass us by. We need a full time slot so nursey is a no go as we physically can't afford that and my work won't offer flexibility. 
    We are hoping my mum can alter her hours slightly and do the pick ups and an early Friday pick up. 
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend xx
  • Options
    🤣🤣

@SunshineB can't believe you are already 30weeks🥰
    I am also back at work and loving it (no choice as we are without electricity). I think just make sure u have enough snacks with u,drink loads of water and make sure u walk around, avoid sitting for long also make sure u are in comfy clothes.
    Keep bugging them till they say something about ur maternity leave, they're still quiet about mine as well,but u are due to leave earlier, mine is mid Oct

• Options
    What work do you do @First-time-mommy ? I'm glad to be back, just my body isn't used to it lol have stocked up my draws with food too.

My manager wasn't in last week so I'm going to speak  to her this week.  I leave for holiday on the 30th of September!! Then I have intended my mat leave to start on 02.12.20 

Naked bump shot, in comfy clothes 🤣🤣

• Options
    @SunshineB so not crazy going this early. The nursery we originally wanted Zach to go to has such a long waiting list, people have to go when they just find out they're pregnant! 😱 we did have a spot for him to start next month, but cancelled because we've found somewhere else we think will suit him better 🤷‍♀️

Gorgeous bumps for both of you.

30weeks yesterday, feel like countdown is on. Nesting has started (very hard to do mid renovation and it's driving me wild!) Finally have everything I need, so feeling content with that. Just need to assemble and finish washing a few bits. Sorted out the baby cupboard today. My baking cupboard has had to be downgraded to a smaller one 😂
  • Options
    Gorgeous bumps girls. 
    @SunshineB that’s so bad that they haven’t discussed anything with you yet. I’d be considering going back. They clearly don’t value you as much as they should. 

@First-time-mommy I can’t believe you’re still without electricity. Crazy times. I hope it back on before baby is born lol. 

@Rainbows01 glad to hear you’re all sorted and nesting like a goodun 🤣 

I had the conversation with Grace about where baby is going to sleep. Her response was “in her cot in her room and not with my mummy” 🤣 she’s going to have a shock. She also told her off to my belly for kicking me. “Don’t kick my mummy Bella”. She’s so protective of me haha 

work have been brill to me. I finish on 19th Oct but my replacement starts beginning of Oct and then have a couple of weeks to hand over. She’s the lady who covered me last time, so I know the accounts will be in good hands. 

I’m 30 weeks on weds. I’ve just booked a bump photo shoot for the 3 of us for 12th sept. I can’t wait. Then it’s my shower the week after. I feel like sept is going to go fast x
  • Options

Comfy underwear bumpie shot 29 weeks. Bloody loving my big knickers haha 
  • Options
    Yeah they seem to fill up fast @rainbows01 and we only have 2 in our area that would be suitable but they are just too expensive. I'm hoping that once we get the free hours at 3 we can do 2 days at nursery and then the others at the childminder. Get her used to a bigger setting with more children ready for school.
    Lol, how is the renovation going? We are having a porch built next month but it won't be too bad as it's all external work. 

No @wlj my manager wasn't in this last week and she said she would sort it on her return so I'm going to get on at her this week. It's not a personal thing, as they haven't done anything with my friend either and she has actually been back in the office since June!!. They have never had a pregnant woman there so it's like they are panicked as they don't know what to do 🙄 even though I've basically told them what I'm entitled to lol. They have such a weird relationship with head office. I said to her that I would like a break down of maternity pay and she said well it doesn't look very good asking that as they might see it that you just care about the money. Felt like saying well I don't bloody work for free do I 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ Anyhow, I've seen in the maternity section that they give you details of maternity pay when they confirm it.
    I don't have a choice other than to go back as I need a full time job. Who knows what next year might bring, I might look for one after returning. Just have to see what the job market is like at the time. Bless Grace she sounds like such a little sweetheart 💕 Adam has changed his mind and doesn't want Grace as a middle name name 🙄 and we are going back to Sophia as every time we look at Sofia now we keep seeing Sofa 🤣 
    So indecisive it's unreal.

Lovely bump picture xx
  • Options
    Hi girls. How is everyone? I’ve been busy with the uniform shopping ☺️ One of my girls goes back to school on Tuesday the other the week after think we’re all excited at this point 🤣 we had to order a new car seat & base too as apparently your not suppose to reuse them even your own after 5 yesss according to manufacturers safety advice. Can’t complain I got two babies use out of the last one 😂 just aswel I was having a nosey online as I wouldn’t of known. The actual headache I had all day looking for the right one 😫🥴😂 eventually we ordered the new silver cross dream I size seat as the older model had terrible reviews for newborns as in lack of head support 😳

I’ve never attached car seats to prams in the past always had a different make this time the advantage of having the same make seat is it can be attached for quick journeys never been a lover of babies in car seats whilst out all day xx

i have my 4D scan on Sunday starting to feel those nerves but so excited at the same time can’t wait to see what my little boy looks like 🥰😍
  • Options
    @SunshineB ahh I see. That sounds better then and like you say, they are just panicking because it’s all new to them. Glad it’s getting sorted for you. 

@teeteee ooh yey to new car seat. I never knew that about changing them. Good to know for future. 
    Yeah I’ve never agreed with babies I car seats all day. Well they aren’t meant to be are they. Mine lies flat though so for new born it’ll be handy for shopping when she’s asleep. How exciting it’s your scan this weekend. Can’t wait to see the pics. 

@h@hannah9000 how are you doing lovely? Been thinking about you and hope you are both doing ok. 

Shame we lost @Lauralouke  Wonder how she is doing 

x
  • Options
    @WLJ Grace sounds like a right little character bless her! She'll come round to it and they'll soon be besties, I'm sure! You look great too! 

@SunshineB it's going okay! I'm fairly certain baby's room room will not be done, but I'll settle for all the building stuff out of there. I've sorted almost all of baby's things in there now, so I feel calm...er 😂 porch sounds good! It hopefully won't interfere with your lives too much and be super helpful in winter with a baby and pram! Sophia is lovely too! 

@teeteee I had heard of this about the carseats, but not something they advertise widely. I wonder if they're just being over-cautious and covering themselves? Best way to be with a baby though. I'm excited for your 4d scan as well! 

@WLJ we've lost quite a few ladies along the way haven't we 😔 I hope all is well with them all.

@hannah9000 hope your antibiotics are doing their job and baby boy is staying put 😘

@LaurenR15 hope you are well too!

Had our first date night tonight 🙌🙌🙌 took a bumpie (in same dress - yes it is my nicest maternity wear 😂🤷‍♀️) and noticed my feet are swelling already! Usually have very petite feet, but I literally have a fold of fluid. Last time, they swelled so much at the end, all my bones disappeared 😬😳
  • Options
    tenten888tenten888 Regular
    edited Aug 26, 2020 8:35PM

@WLJ     me neither after all these kids 😂😂  & the amount of other mums around me no ones ever mentioned it. Depending on the brand they have either a stamp of expiry or it’s on their website. I looked into the lie flat ones as the cybex & maxi cosi will also fit onto our pram too. The prices are all relatively the same for the isize ones so couldn’t compare from prices or features as everything I was reading still said the maximum time in any car seat is 2 hours after 6 weeks old. There’s so much rules now then when I had my eldest altho I guess she is 13 now 🤣🥴 

@Rainbows01 You look amazing 😍

I find myself wearing the same bits over n over as I don’t want to keep buying anymore mat stuff boohoo doesn’t make it easy though so cheap 🤣 

Can’t wait to join you all in the 30’s club then I’ll really feel like it isn’t long at all 😁 hoping I get some nice pics of bub loads of ppl I know recently keep having to go back for a rescan due to their little monkeys covering their face aww 🤣😍

Also hoping the rest of the November ladies & babies are doing well ☺️❤️

• Options
    Aww @teeteee glad you amended to sort it out eventually! We did get a travel system where you can attached the car seat but we won't use it unless it's for quick trips once she's past 2 months, as that's when they can be left a little longer but I think it's still only 2 hours? Aww can't wait to see your pictures from the scan!
    I've been getting horrendous heartburn/acid reflux and in the last week, got worse in the last 2 days, I've been having awful rib pain. I rang the maternity line and they said it sounds like muscular skeletal pain 😣
    At times it hurts, then it feels like an  intense stinging sensation and then skin around my rib just constantly feels bruised. In the last two days it's started giving me back pain too in the opposite place.  Any one had anything like that? Hope everyone else is well.

@wlj they have sent my forms off to HR now so just got to wait for them to come back to me. Everything just has to be a drama there 🙄

Aww @Rainbows01 you look lovely 😍 

I bought a maternity dress but I won't get chance to wear it now as it was for my cousins wedding, which should have been tomorrow. I'll have to dress up one day just so I can get a picture haha 

I feel awful for my poor friend at work. She is due 2 weeks after me and she had her 28 weeks check today and baby is measuring below the first black line, 26cm, so they are sending her for a scan tomorrow. She was so upset when she came into work but I told her not to panic and it just could be how he is positioned x
  • Options
    @SunshineB

yeh I haven’t seen any trusted website that says longer then 2 hours. To be fair I wouldn’t want to even if it was okay the actual pram part looks so much more comfy to lay in especially as they all have the newborn baby nests inside 😍 oh I’ve been getting some nasty episodes of heart burn this time round but gaviscon gets rid of it immediately it’s like magic in a box 🤣🙌🏽 the other pain your feeling sounds horrible haven’t had it myself before does a warm compress not help a little? Did they not say what you can do to try and ease the pain abit?

Is it your friends first baby? Try not to be too worried those fundal height measurements are so inaccurate I’d be more concerned if a scan showed a bigger/smaller baby but even those aren’t 100% either it’s all estimates. Some people carry really tiny hardly any weight gain & have a average weight baby I wish I was one of those lucky women 😂 

• Options
    @teeteee I've had quite a lot of maternity clothes gifted to me, but I have a select few I wear all the time 😅

@SunshineB do a maternity photo shoot in it!! Hesrtburn central over here too. Especially in the evenings. I have Gaviscon at the ready, but so far controlling it with milk.

Tell your friend not to worry at all. I think her midwife is being really over-zealous. Measurements are so hit and miss and anything +/- 3weeks is considered within normal range. With my last, one week I randomly jumped ahead two weeks - not an issue, all normal 😊 hopefully her scan today will put her mind at rest and she can just be happy that she just has a very attentive midwife 💕
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions