Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Well ladies I’m back with the same story again. 
    Hours in hospital yesterday. They nearly kept me in 
    Going in at 1pm to find out if I have now developed pre eclampsia and need to be induced earlier than planned  😩

How is everyone else? 
    Anyone have some good news to share?
  • Options
    @First-time-mommy I'm used to the tea now so fingers crossed it eases labour a little!

@MrsBeeL I guess you never know how it's going to go though do you?! Until covid I had planned to work until due date too! Ah rubbish you're in the hosp again. No news here 🙄
  • Options
    @MrsBeeL ahh hun. That’s crappy. Any updates. Try not to worry. If they deliver him now he will
    be fine. It’s important they keep you safe. 
    No news here. It’s due date today and saw the midwife. But decided against the sweep and she advised it for next week anyway as per the trusts protocol. Feeling rather fed up with the pain and just want her out now. It’d be ok if I could do stuff and feel productive but I can hardly walk. Then now with lock down. It’s just crap isn’t it x
  • Options
    @WLJ ah I’m so sorry, such a hard place to be in. I was like that with my Emily and honestly the relief once she was born was incredible. It won’t be long! 

They said today it’s not yet pre eclampsia so that’s really good news. Got an induction date now which means a definite end, but still could be induced any time before!
    so I guess tomorrow I’m wrapping the rest of the Christmas presents and checking my bag is properly packed!
  • Options
    Ahh that’s good news with induction date @MrsBeeL. They said they’d induce me in 12 days if nothing has happened. God I’m hopeful that before then it’ll happen. I suppose because I expected to be early it’s dragging more x
  • Options
    WLJ said:
    Ahh that’s good news with induction date @MrsBeeL. They said they’d induce me in 12 days if nothing has happened. God I’m hopeful that before then it’ll happen. I suppose because I expected to be early it’s dragging more x
    Yeah it’s so true, I thought mine would be sooner than they said, especially because they told me it was really bad last night and today they’re saying it’s not as bad as they thought. But it’s still not 40 weeks! 
    12 days isn’t long for you though! 
    Maybe write a list of 12 jobs to do, or 12 nice things, and then it’ll make the countdown go quicker. 
  • Options
    @MrsBeeL I actually admire women who are able to work till labour, I was really struggling in my last week, at 38weeks, also, sorry about the constant hospital visits but I think it's good that u are being closely monitored ❤ 

@WLJ how annoying when u get pains with no active labour
     But got my fingers crossed that they won't have th opportunity to give u a sweep/induce coz baby will already be here💃🏾

• Options
    I went to see my baby yesterday, 1st thing I said to th doc was that we didn't wanna know th gender🤣

Mom said my baby might be in posterior position (cause she thought my belly was shaped funny), which cld result in a messy delivery for a 1st time mom, I prayed and prayed, thank God, baby is in a normal position 🥳 weighing in at 3,2kg(7,05 pounds). Th Natural birth anxiety is back now thou,as I thought I might hv to hv a c-section 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, if you haven't already, please do check out our signup thread for testers for the MadeForMums 2021 Awards. 

We are especially looking for pregnant women and parents of newborn babies, but everyone is welcome! To signup, please check out latest posts where you can find all the details!

Also, we'll be kicking off your November 2020 Babies thread very soon... 
  • Options
    I went to see my baby yesterday, 1st thing I said to th doc was that we didn't wanna know th gender🤣

Mom said my baby might be in posterior position (cause she thought my belly was shaped funny), which cld result in a messy delivery for a 1st time mom, I prayed and prayed, thank God, baby is in a normal position 🥳 weighing in at 3,2kg(7,05 pounds). Th Natural birth anxiety is back now thou,as I thought I might hv to hv a c-section 
    So glad to hear baby has moved. See they would delivery back to back babies here vaginally I think. Only c sec is breech. How are you feeling? Not long to go now for all of us.
    how are you @MrsBeeL? Any updates on a date 

you girls are quiet @teeteee @rainbows01 @laurenR15. Do we have babies yet? 

Plodding on here. Literally no signs. But just got to enjoy the rest and know she’s laying down more brown fat to keep her chunky after birth. X
  • Options
    @WLJ ahh sorry I missed your due date! Also very much impatiently waiting over here. Very much don't fancy an induction, but feel it looming overhead. 

@MrsBeeL great news! What's your official induction date currently? 

@First-time-mommy don't be nervous, it's what your body is made to do! Great weight!! 

Not a lot to report here to be honest. Body's gone quiet 😂
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 ahh you’re nearly 41 weeks now aren’t you. Come on baby boy. Vacate mummy. You’ve made me feel better as you’re due before me. Im like that about induction. Don’t want it but will take it next week to get the baby out. I think the soonest they induce would be for me the 16th though x
  • Options
    @WLJ @Rainbows01 they’ve given 38 weeks as the final induction date, but still might be before then. So 19th November and no later. 
    I’m sat in hospital now for a check up as they increased my dose on Wednesday and bp is still high 😩
    if they can’t get it down it’ll be brought forward to 4 checks a week and induced at 37- on Thursday!!!

it has gone very quiet for everyone now! Maybe just the calm before the storm!

• Options
    WLJ said:
    So glad to hear baby has moved. See they would delivery back to back babies here vaginally I think. Only c sec is breech. How are you feeling? Not long to go now for all of us.
    how are you @MrsBeeL? Any updates on a date 

you girls are quiet @teeteee @rainbows01 @laurenR15. Do we have babies yet? 

Plodding on here. Literally no signs. But just got to enjoy the rest and know she’s laying down more brown fat to keep her chunky after birth. X
    So because this is my first child, chances of difficulties would be extremely high for me. A c-section would be recommended to skip going into labour and still having surgery due to difficulties, so I'm happy th baby is good to go
  • Options

WLJ said:

Yeap, so glad u are having th best attitude! It can be frustrating sometimes but these babies are bound to get here sometime aren't they😅
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 these fellas are taking their time. So I'm nervous 1day, excited th next😂

Has ur midwife said anything about induction? This side u get induced at 40weeks + 6days
  • Options
    I literally have 2days till my due date and it feels like I'm watching a thriller sitting at th edge of my seat😂😂😂am I going to go into labour, is my baby going to arrive, find out in th next episode 🤣

I am losing my mind!
  • Options
    @WLJ yes, 41 weeks today and stressing over inductions probably isn't helping 🙃 I'm trying sooo many old wives tales now! Still pregnant, so not working 😂 fingers crossed it's working behind the scenes!

@MrsBeeL that's so soon!!! Ahh where has that crept up from?!

@First-time-mommy yes, so she doesn't recommend sweeps really unless planning on following up with induction. So following guidance, induction starts at 42 weeks exactly - has to be in the hosp on delivery suite. At 41+5, I can choose a pessary induction and if that works, still have to be in hosp, but in the midwife led unit with birth pool. My goal is to be in the small midwife led unit in my own town, which isn't in the hospital, but regardless of choosing an induction, once I'm over 42 weeks, I lose that option anyway. So I'm currently trying everything to encourage labour and give birth in the mat unit here. I've a sweep booked for Sunday 😣 

• Options
    @WLJ yes, 41 weeks today and stressing over inductions probably isn't helping 🙃 I'm trying sooo many old wives tales now! Still pregnant, so not working 😂 fingers crossed it's working behind the scenes!

@MrsBeeL that's so soon!!! Ahh where has that crept up from?!

@First-time-mommy yes, so she doesn't recommend sweeps really unless planning on following up with induction. So following guidance, induction starts at 42 weeks exactly - has to be in the hosp on delivery suite. At 41+5, I can choose a pessary induction and if that works, still have to be in hosp, but in the midwife led unit with birth pool. My goal is to be in the small midwife led unit in my own town, which isn't in the hospital, but regardless of choosing an induction, once I'm over 42 weeks, I lose that option anyway. So I'm currently trying everything to encourage labour and give birth in the mat unit here. I've a sweep booked for Sunday 😣 

At least they give baby until 42weeks to arrive. Don't worry baby will arrive before then🌸 we have u in our hearts, don't despair. Just trust that however baby gets here is what he chose, and don't let ur plans distract u from th beauty of pregnancy and birth🌸🌸🌸
  • Options
    MrsBeeL said:
    @WLJ @Rainbows01 they’ve given 38 weeks as the final induction date, but still might be before then. So 19th November and no later. 
    I’m sat in hospital now for a check up as they increased my dose on Wednesday and bp is still high 😩
    if they can’t get it down it’ll be brought forward to 4 checks a week and induced at 37- on Thursday!!!

it has gone very quiet for everyone now! Maybe just the calm before the storm!

Whoa! Seems like u will be meeting your little person very soon🥰 your team is amazing  they sound so hands on