Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    @LaurenR15 thanks lovely. I feel fine tonight and she’s had hiccups which was cute and currently booting me in bed which I’m grateful for 😍 Discharge sounds normal but like you say, keep an eye on it. My midwife said to me if it goes more watery and pink etc then to let the delivery suite know and they check you for a membrane rupture. 

@rainbows01. Eek he might be getting ready. Bit longer though little guy. Don’t stress us all out 😂 interesting ti know it regenerates. Our bodies are amazing. 

@SunshineB ah thanks hun.  Oh and yeah I think they can tell you’re going into labour because the swab picks up amniotic fluid from what I could gather today. So if you’re leaking slightly etc. Maybe I’m wrong. 
    Ooh these low babies. They are all getting ready. It’s all so exciting. X
  • Options
    @WLJ glad you're feeling better. Such a good feeling when baby is moving.

Yes! I forgot when I wrote it. I didn't lose my plug - that I knew of - pre-labour, but if you remember way-back-when, when I was 10 weeks with my son, I felt a sudden gush and when I went to the loo, the full mucous plug dropped into the bowl, along with a lot of clear water. I waited it out because we were on holiday (and at 10weeks, what can you really do?), but went to ER in the morning and all was fine - cervix had closed and baby hr all good. I think they can regenerate that quickly! Still think I might struggle to identify a very small leak though.

@hannah9000 hope you got some rest! Thinking of you so much this morning ❤❤❤ we're looking forward to meeting you Rex! Xx
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 was zach early or on time? I think all of mine would be late to the party if I wasn’t induced lazy little sumos I seem to make 🤦🏽‍♀️😂 never knew it regenerated either we are like super hero’s 🤣💪🏽

I’ve woken up feeling so dizzy 🥴🥴 I’ve had to lay back down waiting for it to subside looks like I’ll be on school run with unbrushed hair this morning 🙊😆😆 I feel really hungry though I’m guessing it’s blood sugars that have dropped 🙃

@hannah9000 good luck can’t wait to hear from you ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Aww bless you im so glad he was having a right wriggle about!  I need to mention to my midwife this week about my placenta as I was told at 12 weeks it was anteriorly, then 20 weeks she said anterior but wrote fundal, then at my growth scan its anterior again lol surely they can't move back to anterior after being fundal 😕 confusing the heck out of me lol
    I hope you have a nice easy last day hun!! Then you can really enjoy your rest 😘 

Ohh its awful isn't it @Rainbows01.  You just want to be able to be comfortable and there's just no way to get comfy now lol. I start in bed laid down but then my hip hurts and the acid starts so from like 3am onwards I'm sat up but I toss and turn from side to side 😅 poor Adam gets no sleep either.
    Ohh gosh I bet that was a shock losing it so early but jeez it does grow back quick doesn't it!! 😳

Aahh @wlj that makes sense! So clever what they can do with technology! Aww the hiccups are the best aren't they, my baby is very hiccupy and its so funny when I feel them in my bum haha.

@teeteee take it easy today once you've had some breakfast!! It might be your body telling you to slow down too 💗

Good luck today @hannah9000 x
  • Options
    @teeteee 11 days late 😅 I had honestly forgotten about going into spontaneous labour and assumed I would be induced on the Friday, so it was a shock earlier in the week when he decided to have a go at it himself 😂 

Drink your raspberry leaf tea with the honey - and eat, that might get you back up and running 😌 phone your midwife though if it keeps going, can't be too careful. 

@SunshineB I wonder if it is anterior fundal? I was told mine was posterior fundal (so at the back, but at the top), so perhaps it works both ways?? I'm not sure though, definitely check. It's not stopping the rib jabs though 😅

• Options
    Ahh good point @Rainbows01! I will ask that question thank you! Speaking of ribs, I am pleased to report for the last 2 weeks maybe, I haven't been getting that horrendous sharp stabbing pain in my right rib 🤞🏻 only problem is now that the skin/muscles in the area hurts all the time lol like a sting/sunburnt feeling. But I'm taking as a good sign and hopefully it can start to heal now! 
  • Options
    I think that’s definitely it I thought to myself this morning I need to chill abit there’s literally a month left & im still trying to run around keeping up with my old self 🥴 I’m going to have a rest day today @SunshineB

@Rainbows01 definitely need a rest I think all that talk of losing plugs yesterday that’s just happened to me too i was like mmmm 👀👀👀 last time it was my due date not 6 weeks away from it 😱 
  • Options
    Glad your ribs have been given a break @SunshineB mine were taking a battering in the night actually woke me up 🙊 

@Rainbows01 wow 11 days over you trooper!! With my first I was expecting a sweep on the Monday as she was a week late an on the Friday she decided to make her entrance 🥴🤣 these lazy babies 😂
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well in the final stretch. 

This one's for cat parents! We have a lovely sponsored thread where you can win a £200 Amazon voucher for telling us about your cat. That thread is right over here.

We would also love for you to check out the latest discussions on the forum, and see if you have any advice on any threads over there. ☺️ 
  • Options
    So, I went in, had some monitoring, a steroid injection (OUCH btw) and was sent home as there are no cots available on scbu. So got to go back tomorrow and hope there's a free cot 🙄
  • Options
    Ah been flat out at work all day. Just catching up. Ah how annoying @hannah9000 after all that build up. But definitely best to wait for a bed for him. 

My consultant app came through for next tuesday but not heard about the scan yet.  She’s been active today though. So that’s reassuring. 

@teeteee glad you’re having some chill. Defo your body saying slow down women. 

@rainbows01 ah I really hope
    i just go “ooh my waters have gone” haha would be ace. Maybe not 11 days late though 🤣

@SunshineB Glad to hear you aren’t getting the jabs now. It’ll take a couple of weeks for the bruising to go down I bet. Ouch. 

@laurenR15. How are you today? Xx
  • Options
    @hannah9000 that must be frustrating for you! Try and rest and get a good nights sleep!!!

• Options
    I hope you've taken it steady today Mrs!! @teeteee lol lazy Monday! Have you done much today?
    Yeah I'm still getting battered in the ribs, luckily it's not extremely painful anymore lol just a tad sore! 

Ahh no way @hannah9000 how disappointing!

@WLJ still getting them just not that sharp stabbing pain thank god, whatever that was. Glad you've got your appointment through! Hopefully the scan is soon too 
  • Options
    Just catching up ladies ❤️ 

Work now done, hand over done and I'm really feeling strange yet excited to start this journey. I cannot believe I'm going to be a mammy to our baby boy 💙 

@WLJ I'm feeling good lovely. Sleepy but good. Wish I could move someone's little toes from my boob area! Glad baby girl has been more active today. Do you feel okay? Xx

@SunshineB placentas are funny things! Mine hasn't moved the whole time, stayed at the front and he is very cuddled in to it. When is your next app?

@Rainbows01 @teeteee you two talking about mucus plugs has got me all frightened 🤣 x

@hannah9000 I'm so sorry you've had to go home how frustrating lovely. Xxx
  • Options
    tenten888tenten888 Regular
    edited Oct 5, 2020 8:17PM
    @SunshineB I’ve felt shattered all day but I literally done nothing other than school run & laid watching coco melon all day with kady 🥴🤣 I think I just need to slow down & move like a little chubby penguin until baby boys born 😂 I haven’t heard of the placenta moving positions but know it can move if it’s blocking the cervix initially as baby & womb grows it moves out of the way I can see why you’d be confused different things written each time I’d ask next time you have an app 

@ha@hannah9000 How annoying when your all prepared 😑 I hope tomorrow’s the day for you! 🤞🏽 xx

@wlj Good to know little miss is having a good old rave in there 😁☺️ hopefully your scan date comes through soon! My consultant & scan letter came on the same day for the same date weirdly 🥴

• Options
    tenten888tenten888 Regular
    edited Oct 5, 2020 8:21PM
    @LaurenR15
    haha I was frightened a little myself this morning when I saw it 😦 midwife said she’s not worried and it isn’t just that for a sign of labour as long as I wasn’t contracting waters gone or anything he needs to stay put for at least 3 weeks when I’m 37 weeks 👀 Bet your glad mat leaves officially started 🥳look forward to the next few weeks of resting before he comes 😍☺️ it’s all getting so exciting now 😁
  • Options
    @teeteee I bet you were, glad midwife is not concerned though. Yes I'm so pleased, I'm feeling relaxed already. I got a bunch of flowers and some lovely balloons and a large sum of money which was nice from them all ❤️ I'm hoping for a 37 week baby also!! 2 weeks and counting 🤣xx
  • Options
    @LaurenR15 ahh fab. What a relief for you. I can’t wait for 2 weeks today to sign off and put my out of office on for 13 months!! Eek!! 
    I’m all good thank you. Just supping my raspberry tea after switching the laptop off for the night. 

@teetee glad to hear you’ve had a restful day. Haha coco melon. Grace loves that. Painful 😂😂

@SunshineB Ahh right. Ouch. Glad they aren’t as painful then 🤣 cheeky little girl. Did you decide on the spelling Sophia or Sofia? X
  • Options
    @SunshineB glad the ribs are feeling better! But how weird that it's still residual! Pregnancy can be so weird.

@teeteee no way! I *think* yours will regenerate being that a few weeks behind? I would have thought mine would too because I think it regenerates before 37 weeks, and I'm not 37 until Saturday. 

@hannah9000 how unbelievably frustrating 😒 hard when you've arranged childcare as well. Good luck for this morning. Fingers crossed 🤞

@WLJ I'd love my waters to break naturally too, all dramatic like! Not had that before. 

@laurenr15 that's super! 🙌🙌🙌 hellooooo mat leave!
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 finally mat leave 🤘 I'm celebrating and making a pie for hubby's tea ☺️ hopefully he will realise I need to be a stay at home mammy forever 🤣 hope you are well today. 

@WLJ should I start on the raspberry tea? How much would you recommend and is it just made with hot water? 13 months sounds amazing!! Xx