Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    That’s great news @Jodie1993 I’m glad everything seems good & they seem to be thoroughly checking you which is even better, how cute that he has hair I am so desperate to know if my girl has hair due to my horrendous heartburn I’m so curious lol xx
    @Ellie34 I always thought they only offered sweep if you were overdue unless there’s a medical reason to do so earlier but as you say there’s that many different rules it’s hard to keep track you can only ask xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx I didn't have very much heart burn / indigestion in my pregnancy and Harvey has loads of hair 😆 

I do reckon that's an old wives tail. For me the heart burn corresponded directly to what position he was in, ie. Whether he was kicking my stomach or not. 
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx I have no idea lol earlier on my midwife said that she thinks stretch and sweeps are a waste of time and the baby will come when she’s ready! I will ask though at my next appointment. I’m desperate to know too if my girlie has hair! Heart burn is so bad these last few weeks! Xx 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 yeah I know lots of people who have told me they had the worst heartburn & the baby never had any hair so it could well be an old wives tale 😂 I'm just curious,  I like how some people got told at scans it’s amazing what they can pick up on a scan. I never had any heartburn with my daughter at all & she only had a few little strands of hair she was more or less bald. I agree a lot of it it’s definitely down to the position xx
  • Options
    My midwife told me yesterday she will start doing sweeps from 38 weeks if im happy with that 🤷‍♀️ must be different depending on location. 

I also won't see the health visitor until after baby is born. Wouldn't it be nice for us all to Get the same info! 
  • Options
    So strange isn’t it that we all get told different things! Lol. 38 weeks is good, if she’s still not here and I can have one at 38 weeks I’m definitely saying yes to it! Xx
  • Options
    Here it’s only 38 weeks if it’s your 2nd baby! I’d love to have one at 38 weeks. To be honest my nans a nurse so I may get her to give me one 😂 but we don’t see midwives here at 38 we see doctors and I don’t fancy my male doctor playing around in my vagina!! 🤣
  • Options
    Wow lots happened today. Can’t believe we’re on a part 4 thread already! We do like to chat. 

Ezra and I had a lovely, busy, day together today. We went to Hever Castle. Would def recommend for a day out once babies are here, there’s lots of baby changing facilities, and the gardens are absolutely stunning for a stroll around. 

We don’t see health visitors until after the baby here too. Then I had a visit every 2 weeks but because I failed the depression test they do on you so they wanted to see me more often. And to be honest, I was glad of it because I was overwhelmed. She had some good advice. 

I’ve never had a sweep, Ezra came 1 day before his due date. So would be interesting to get one this time around. Might ask for one at 38 weeks to try get labour going! 

@Lmc19xx yay! You should be proud you’ve got this far, it’s mega achievement. Also, sorry about your tooth. Sounds painful. I had an abscess last pregnancy, and they gave me antibiotics? There are some that are safe in pregnancy I’m sure. 

@Curiosity101 he is soooo cute. Annoying when they get out of sync, but just try to go with the flow. He’ll soon let you know if he’s hungry 😂 he certainly does have a lot of hair! I had soooo much heartburn with my first but he had tiny bit of fluff and then he went bald haha. So I agree it’s a bit of an old wives tale. 

@Ellie34 I thought she’d be fully engaged seeing as you’ve been feeling like she’ll fall out any day 😂 that’s awesome news. 

@Jodie1993 great news about your scan. It’s so good they took it seriously. I know, scans at this point they look sooo squished in there don’t they? Hehe. Let us know how all the tests pan out. 

@MissW1997 yeah I don’t blame you 😂 they probably don’t even bat an eye but for you it’s a bit strange. Maybe you could ask to be booked in for one with a midwife though? How’s your sciatica pain been today? 

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone out! 
  • Options
    @Louloubee glad you had a lovely day with your little boy. And that is good to have the support of you are overwhelmed. 
    Yeah I knew she was fully engaged! She is doing some weird movements in my stomach tonight!! Feels soooo odd! Always feels like she’s trying to get out 🤣xx
  • Options
    @Ellie34 wow really? I def don’t feel that yet and kicks are still very high in the ribs area. I’m going to ask for an exam to see if they’re engaged yet on Friday. Do they do an internal to check or is it just by touching your bump? 
  • Options
    The midwife touches bump and pelvic area, it’s amazing really how they can tell that just by touch! Good luck for tomorrow 😊xx
  • Options
    @Louloubee so glad you had a lovely day with Ezra! I’ve had a look at it and it looks lovely!! And it’s 100 miles from me which I don’t seem too bad as going anywhere for a day out is far from me 😂

ill speak to my midwife today about sweep options, I may be lucky an get offered one at 37-38 weeks because of my sciatica? We will see! 

I wasn’t in agony yesterday to be honest! I had a real crappy sleep so I spend all day tired! It’s never usually that terrible in the mornings it just hits me in the afternoon! But I’ve changed my shifts to work the afternoon, as sitting on my correction chair and getting up every now and again is proving to be quite helpful to be honest! Although when at work my leg is numb from my knee to my little toe which is a weird sensation! By 7pm I’m done in and the pain is awful! 
  • Options
    Everything at the midwife was great! I’m not anaemic! And been booked in for a sweep at 40 weeks if I’m still pregnant - which I hope I’m not 🤣 
    Scan is at 3:40 today! Can’t wait to see little girly again 💗
  • Options
    @ellie34 ooh I see. I guess it all depends on how much head they can feel? Very clever these midwives. I’m going to ask for that on Friday then! Didn’t fancy an internal haha
  • Options
    @MissW1997 yay 👏👏👏 that’s great everything is going well. Please let us know how scan is. Is this to check baby’s growth? Is there any concerns? 

That’s good it’s bearable during the day, but I can imagine by evening time it’s ridiculously painful. 

Ooh that’s not too far for Hever,  it’s just beautiful. It could def be a good day out. I saw loads of mums with prams. Everything is accessible. A few of my favourite shots:

• Options
    It’s so achey being engaged! But unfortunately that doesn’t mean you’re going to meet little one any sooner! My friend was engaged from 34 weeks and went 2 weeks over. And another friend 36 weeks and was only 1 day early! 
    Being engaged just means you’re going to be uncomfortable for longer 😩 some women don’t even engage until labour!
  • Options
    edited Sep 12, 2019 9:15AM

Just got this text! Yay!! In 2016 for Ezra it was positive but this time is negative for Group B Strep. So no antibiotics if I do go into labour needed. 
  • Options
    @Louloubee in my area we get a 36 week scan on the nhs just for growth and stuff! So yeah no concerns just a general scan like the 12 and 20 week! 😊

the photos are beautiful 😍 and your little boy is gorgeous 💗💗
  • Options
    Brilliant news @Louloubee
  • Options
    @Louloubee definitely very clever! She might not come early but it’s good that she is engaged already and I know that she can’t move and become breach! So she’s getting ready which is a good sign! So everything is looking good. Hopefully when you go tomorrow your little one will be engaged or very close to it. Lovely pics of your day out! Xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions