Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2021

Replies

• Options
    WOW I always wanted my waters to break they’ve been popped by midwife each time! I have an 11 year old she is in school 3 days a week at the moment as I work in banking she can go in a key worker. Which I’m glad of because being off school so much has really affected her. My labours were 36 hours, 2nd degree year and stitches. Second labour was 4 hours 45 mins, went from 4cm to delivered in 45 mins.. bounced on birth ball the whole time. Again 2nd degree tear and stitches. Hoping for a water birth this time, I wasn’t allowed with Olivia as her movements reduced so I had to stay on monitor. It’s nice that you’ll have time at hike with baby whilst your sons at school. My youngest will be 28 months old so I don’t know how that will go.. lol xx
  • Options
    omg I did hypnobirthing and wanted a water birth and ended up one of those sodding heart monitors that they attach to the baby as they didn’t have any mobile ones left! It kept coming off unless I stayed completely still and having to be put back on 🙈 hoping for a water birth but in a birth centre rather than a hospital next time 🤞
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, do you mind if I apprehensively join your October group? 🍁
    I've just turned 34 and have a 2 year old boy. 💙
    I'm feeling a bit nervous as I had a early miscarriage in October and then a chemical in November. It's such a nerve-wracking time isn't it!! 😣🤞🙏
    Every twinge makes me anxious! Fingers crossed for a happy healthy 9 months for us all! xx
  • Options
    welcome welcome and congratulations you’re ever so welcome! I know exactly what you mean- all the stress of the tww but lasts 12 weeks 🙈 really hoping for sticky beans all around so we can all start enjoying our first trimester instead of worrying it away xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi @JenandDyl congratulations!! I’m sorry for your losses and I understand your anxieties, I lost a baby at 10 weeks last month. I go through phases throughout the day of feeling really anxious and convinced something will happen then moments of hope that in October I will have my baby in my arms! Do you have any symptoms? When is edd? Xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join! I am 28 and have just found out I am pregnant with my first baby. Makes me feel better reading that others feel the same, I am so anxious and nervous not knowing what is normal or what to expect but really hoping it all goes smoothly. Sending luck to you all for a happy & healthy 9 months ahead :) xx
  • Options
    @Cpsd welcome congratulations 🥳 what is your due date? xx
  • Options
    @Gracesmum89 thank you! According to online calculators it's saying 6th October at the moment. I've done a fair few tests and all positive, plus have the sorest boobs! Have booked an early scan as reassurance. I was so excited about trying to get pregnant, but now it's happened I can't believe how anxious I feel!! Wish I could enjoy it more but once I've had a scan hopefully I will :) xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls! 
    Just constant sore boobs really, no other symptoms yet. EDD is 14th October I think. 
    I'm so sorry about your loss @Gracesmum89, 10 weeks in must make it even harder. 
    It's lovely to have this group. I don't know about yous but I feel my partner is being a bit underwhelming. I think I was hoping for the movie reaction of excitement and dancing round lol, when actually I just got an "oh yeah I can see a line". Men!! xx
  • Options
    @JenandDyl I feel the same - I haven't told anyone yet except my partner and feel as though I'm just annoying him constantly talking about it! Nice to be able to speak to others about it, especially as you all have kids already. Sorry to hear of all your losses, must have been awful xx
  • Options
    @Cpsd when is your scan booked for? I know it’s an anxious time isn’t it! Are you still doing tests to see line progression? 

@JenandDyl haha men are useless, my husband keeps saying “how much have you spent on tests?” 👀👀 haha 

Are you all doing digital weeks tests? I got 1-2 on Thursday.. I was worried today as today’s lines didn’t look as dark as yesterday’s xx
  • Options
    @Gracesmum89 first weekend of March! I ideally wanted it around 8 weeks, but I’m not sure if for the scan I’d be classed at 7.5 weeks (from conception) or 9.5 weeks (from first day of last period)? I thought at least either way it should give me some reassurance! I done 2 clearblue early tests which aren’t digital, they both come up with full lines straight away. I then done a digital one that said pregnant and I’ve then done another 2 clearblue ones telling me weeks which both said 3+. They aren’t cheap are they! Xx
  • Options
    @cpsd how exciting that’s a good time to get a scan! I’ll prove have a scan around 6/7 weeks. 

Oh they are not cheap! I’m want to do another to see if the weeks are progressing but I’m scared incase it doesn’t go up 🙈🙈 xx

• Options
    I'm still doing daily tests but only cheapies but it's still really early and they're quite faint. I'm obsessively waiting for a decent dark line but the faint ones are still there and hopefully maybe slightly less faint. I have one clear blue digital but want to save it for when it'll definitely be positive lol.
    AF was only due today though but I've had tiny amounts of spotting yesterday and today and a few mild cramps. 
    Just wish I had a crystal ball to tell me if it all works out! 
    I'm definitely considering an early scan but going to wait a few weeks first before trying to book anything. 
    How long are you ladies waiting before booking with midwife? I've a thyroid problem so need to ring docs soon anyway but super keen to get a date to focus on for 12 week scan. (Only a tad ahead of myself!) 😜🤞xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone sorry busy day at work. Line was darker when I tested on Sunday but will probably keep testing once a week just for reassurance 🙈
    I rang my surgery about the midwife booking appointment they said they do it at 8 weeks and will book a scan then. I don’t think I’m going to do a private early scan but might do one later on. Is anyone else booked in already? I got told my appointment should be at the beginning of March so I have to ring again next week as they’re not taking bookings that far ahead yet 🙈 xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies! 
    I've woke up and my boobs aren't as sore any more 😭, who would of thought it would make me so sad not to have sore boobs. 
    It just feels so ominous that things are headed the wrong direction. I think what makes it harder is there's absolutely nothing I can do to help things. 😣 I guess all there is to do is wait and see what happens. 
    My tests seem pretty much the same as yesterday, still pretty faint. 
    Sorry to be such a downer, it's just hard when Ive not told anyone else and my husband doesn't really get it. 😔 Fingers crossed all works out in the end but I'm not overly optimistic! 
    Anyhoo I'm not definitely out yet! Hope you guys have a good day! xx
  • Options
    Morning! I really hope it works out for you @JenandDyl everything crossed - it’s hard to stay positive at such an anxious time, do you think we all overthink the symptoms side as well?? I had some pain during the night, but unsure if it’s normal or not. Hard to think about anything else isn’t it. It’s definitely hard not to get ahead of yourself! I haven’t booked anything with midwife yet, I am in the middle of changing doctors as we recently moved, typical! So have self referred myself to maternity team but won’t hear back for another week or so xx
  • Options
    My boob soreness comes and goes- thought it was gone then my little boy hugged me and wow- it was there! I think my brain just got used to low level aching 🙈 no sign of af so don’t loose faith @JenandDyl xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance lovelies! ♥️
    Think I'm going to invent a pregnancy test that can give me a measure of HcG rather just a positive or negative then at least I would have more of a clue what's going on!! Although I'd probably end up just doing it all the time anyway! 
    I think I was just lucky the first time round, everything just went so smoothly and no drama. 
    Ahh well, the say nothing worth having comes easy! Come on sticky beans! 🤞 xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!! My tests don’t seem as dark and I thought my clear blue might have moved up to 2-3 but it said 1-2 so I’ve been an anxious mess all day! 😭 early pregnancy is so stressful xx