Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2018

Replies

• Options

Georgie- I’m going to use the hospital I used last time as they were great. we have one which is closer but they do not have NICU so baby would have to be taken to another hospital if there was any complication. i wanted a hospital with facilities for a water birth as well. I would have loved a midwife led unit but the closest hospital that offered that was just too far away.

seeing the GP today for the first. I tried to straight refer to the local midwife but was told I had to see doctor first and I suppose I’m better getting the flu jab as well so will have a sore arm later 🙄.

MrsB how exciting! When is the wedding? I was bridesmaid for my friend in October and I told her I was pregnant- she’s hoping to try soon as well so we are off on maternity together like we were with our first babies. I also told our parents - although my mum said she already knew cause she thought I had a bit of a tummy on me at Christmas but thought she better say nothing in case I was just bloated 😒😂. 

Nella - aww ur parents will be so excited!! Lol oh dear, my hubby has done that a couple of times in the past couple of weeks! Must ask if he’s preggers too 😂😂.

• Options

I'm also still using my internet cheapies! Can't help it 😂🙈

When I had my little girl 6 years ago I had a home birth in a pool which was great. Two midwives to yourself the whole time and they have an ambulance on standby so if things aren't progressing fast enough or the baby's heartbeat slows they take you to hospital straight away. Felt really relaxed and chilled out and watched Britain's got talent in my jamas with the midwives. So fingers crossed I'll be able to do the same with this one :) 

• Options

Nella/Nina - so glad I'm not the only one still testing. Thankfully hubby understands my paranoia! Nella you'll need to let us know what your parents say!

Mrs R - I hope your appointment goes well and your arm doesn't hurt too much. I didn't even think l about a flu jab! 

The wedding is the weekend before valentine's day, so I'll be 11 weeks - not showing but probably a bit of baby bloat. And I obv won't be drinking. She said we should just announce it a couple of days before, but if really hoped to keep quiet until the 12 weeks. Plus I don't want to look like we're taking attention away from them. 

I hope the rest of you are all doing well!

• Options

Omg Nina how amazing!!! Your so brave! It’s not really an option where I live and I think my hubby would pass out if I told him I wanted a Home birth. My labour didn’t progress with my first and I needed pintocin drip in order to dilate past 4 cm even withlots of movement, dinmed lights, calming music and ‘rotate to dilate’ on the ball. Omg it’s all starting to come back to me 😳😳😳- all worth it in the end though ! 

MrsB don’t be feeling pressured to say before your ready. you could just say you have a tooth abscess and are on Metronidazole which is an antibiotic for tooth infections that you can’t drink with. ( can you tell I’ve done this before 😂)

• Options

Having a mild panic moment tonight. I've been getting weird needle prick / pinching cramps all week, but someone has commented on another forum I'm in that it's really not normal. I'm not spotting or bleeding. Can anyone enlighten me? With MC I had no pain at all, just bleeding. 

• Options

Hi I'm still having quite bad back pain and had my hcg done and it's 1152 at 4w 4d i think some cramps are normal. I'm still waiting for doc to call back though been waiting all day 

• Options

I thought pinching was normal as it's the ligaments stretching? I've just been having cramping feelings that come and go though I'm not sure if that is tummy ache lol image

Sending love Amyz. I'm sure everything is okay but you're doing the best thing getting it checked.

Xxx

• Options

Hey

I've been getting pinching pains for a week- I think it's just everything growing. I think of it as a good sign :)

X

• Options

Hi ladies, 

Congrats on all your positives and sorry to read about some of your losses....

Im new to this... for my positive 29/12 which was amazing considering I was on the pill for 12 Years and only been off it for about 2 months!! 

I am about 5 weeks and die around Sept 7th I believe. I called the doctor and they just asked me to get in touch with the midwife to book an appointment, thought I would have needed to see a doctor first. Anyway first midwife Appointment booked for 5/2 which will put Me at 10 weeks.

This is both mine and my partners first child and I keep worrying that maybe I’m not actually pregnant at all- even though I took 5 tests to make sure I was. 

Im so excited but would really like to see a midwife or some kind of medical professional just to confirm even more! Ha ha 😊

sorry for the long post

xx

• Options

Congrats Charleemay! I bet you're so excited! How did your partner react?

I'm due 11th Sept and I still feel it isn't real. Still taking internet cheapies to use them up!

How is everyone feeling today? 

Xxx

• Options

Hi Neevie7, 

Partner was excited when I told him. He actually just laughed when he say the test! Ha! I wrote him a new baby card which said 

Hi Daddy, I maybe tiny but I love you so much can’t wait to see you next year! 

ha but he loved it!! 

I do want to keep buying test but I’m resisting which is so hard! Like most every twinge I panic and also check knickers so much lol! 

Im starting to feel s little sicky And my boobs are sore. Not sensitive but like full and achy 😖 how about you? 

Xx

• Options

Morning ladies,

I'm so pleased to hear some of you have been having pains (in a good way!!). Last night I has a bit of a wobble as I had some horrible cramp feelings and I was certain I was about to miscarry again :(  They seem to have died down this morning though although I just feel a bit 'achey' in my womb... I don't know how else to describe it! Just really hoping it's all ok.. I'm just so worried it's all going to go wrong again :'(

Lovely note to your OH CharleeMay :) I'm sure he was over the moon - congrats xxx and in terms of symtroms, I have been feeling the same, just achey and tired a lot. 

• Options

Congrats CharlieMay and welcome! I was the same with both mine- literally stopped taking the pill and was pregnant within a couple of weeks- I am very lucky. Lovely idea of a card for your hubby! My hubby is a builder and for our first I bought a tool box and filled it with baby stuff and gave it to him and said it was a new tool box which he would be needing for his van. Took him a couple of minutes to catch on haha. This time he just came home and I told him straight out lol- he was more shocked this time though. 

I hope the pains stay away Kate- plenty of rest, hot water bottles and baths. I really have my fingers crossed for u and us all. 

Its nice having you girls to chat to as I’ve told so few people. It’s so exciting and hard to keep under wraps but talking to u helps! 

• Options

MrsR that’s amazing I didn’t think about that as he is also a builder!!! That’s an amazing idea.... 

Kate - I know that feeling! I feel a bit achy and with sore boobs!!!! 

Starting to feel sicky too- we have told a close group of people So we know we have a good support network! 

I still can’t actually believe I’m pregnant it’s not sunk in yet, I think it will when I see midwife on 5/2 at 10 weeks. 

When are the rest of you seeing midwifes? 

Xxx

• Options

Charleemay congrats! I see my midwife at 8w2 on 23/1. I guess that makes us due pretty much the same date.

Kate - glad the cramps are gone, there's nothing worse than feeling like it's all going wrong.

My morning sickness seems to be here in full force today. Especially first thing when I'm hungry. I've been trying to keep it at bay with a glass of water and some breadsticks but it wasn't working - then I took a sip of Irn Bru and magically feely better. So much for cutting it out...

Have any of you found foods/drinks to kill the nausea?

• Options

Hi everyone and congratulations to all !

I found out I was pregnant on Christmas Day after feeling exhausted and sick 5 positives later and one digital which read 3plus has got me confused ! 

My story is I had a HCG blood test done and resulted in 4th December which was 2 , my last period which was only one day was 23rd November then I have all these positives on Christmas Day ! has anyone had any precious experiences like this ? I have had one previous missed mis carriage in which I had to have a d&c so worried and confused right now 

thanks 

• Options

Hello everyone! 

I am new to this thread. I think I am about 6 weeks pregnant now - date confusion. 🙈

We have been trying for two years and this is my second pregnanc. I had a MC in Oct 2016 and I am surprised, delighted and a little apprehensive about bring pregnant again. 

The EPU confirned that a baby is in the sac this time (pregnancy wasn’t viable last time). We have a scan on 15th January to check for a heartbeat so crossing fingers until we get to the next hurdle. 

Lots more symptoms this time so hopefully all gd signs. 

Hope everyone is well today.

xx

• Options

Morning ladies! 

MrsB yer I that would put at us around the same date 😊.... I’m so excited to see the midwife also so very nervous as have read other people’s experiences and they haven’t been too good. fingers crossed though but it still seems like a life time away! 

How are we all doing with symptoms this morning...? My boobs are stil sore mainly the right, also every so often get the of twinge which I guess is normal 😂. 

Xxx

• Options

I've got my midwife app a week on Wednesday which would make me 6 weeks and 1 day... I'm not sure if that is early but. I honestly cannot wait it will make it feel so real. At 4 weeks and 4 days now (which is past my chemical mc) so I think my positive vibes are right, I think this is our sticky bean 😁

My boobs for the past 3 days have been so so painful. With or without a bra. Today they are a little less sore than they have been but still sore. The only other symptom is gas! Though I'm eating lots of kale and brocolli for the baby so probs that.

Xxx

• Options

Also congrats And!!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you. I've had a missed miscarriage last year and know how awful and shocking it can be.

Xxx