Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2018

Replies

• Options

Hi 

Thanks Neevie7, let’s hope our 🌈👶 are on the way. 

Today my symptoms are so plentiful and so intense there’s definitely something going on in there! 

xxx

• Options

I felt like Pamela Anderson in the shower this morning! 🍈🍈

Tempted to whip out my old nursing bras already lol!

• Options

Hi guys I’m lizm. i have Took several hpts and have had mixed results so as you can imagine I have been going out of my mind. I phoned the doctor last week to tell them what was happening and to try get a test with them to put my mind at rest, however he said on the phone that they do not do testing as hpts are accurate and any positive line is a positive regardless and then calculated that I was 5weeks 6weeks yesterda. In saying this I was very angry that I had not been seen to and have continued testing and the last two are negative although I feel like I am pregnant with headaches, fatigu, nauses, bloating etc has anyone else had this happen? And does anyone know anything else you could do?

• Options

Hi 

These days GPs say that hpts are reliable and they tend not to test you again. You can usually self - refer to your local maternity unit in your local hospital if you think you are pregnant.

What do the instructions on the hpt say? Wait for a time and test again? You can get a false negative but not a false positive. 

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon. 

Xx

• Options

Instructions say do not read after 10 minute, which the plus had come up before that at about 2 2.5 minutes.

i have booked in at the maternity unit to find out but the nearest appoint was jan 30. 

xx 

• Options

Which brands did you get your positive on and how dark was it? Can you attach any pictures?

• Options

Oh that‘s a while to wait 😞. Usually the tests say that if you get a negative and your period hasn’t come etc do another one on a few days. 

Could you try and get an appt with the nurse at your GP? They do have pregnancy tests on site - seems a bit mean that they don’t just help you to confirm either way. 

xx

• Options

imageimageimageI also had an adsa pink dye one which showed a darker pink line however I didnt take a photo. The first clear blue one has a tiny faint line (wearing grey top) tested two days later (denim on) and the picture with instructions was another day later. All photos taken in under 10 minutes of being taken. Xx 

• Options

Sorry I'm not too sure what you're asking. As the bottom one is definitely positive. It is just on other brands you're not pregnant? Sorry if I've missed something xx

• Options

Iv also tried phoning the doctors again and they have just said that I have an appointment at the end of the month that I will have to wait until then so there is nothing they can do in the mean time. 

Yes I feel it is a bit mean that they won’t help out, but there is people who need a doctor more than me and I don’t want to take up their time either when they can be helping someone who needs it. 

Xx

• Options

Neevie, I was asking as iv had a few positives and should now be in week 6 if it is correct, followed by negatives and the doctor will not see me until the end of the month. I was wondering if this happened anyone else. If it is something I should be concerned about. It is very confusing. 

• Options

Ahhh apologies. I'm with you now. So are all of your tests coming up negative now? Is there anyway you could ask to see a different doctor may be? Xx

• Options

Iv had 2 negative now yea so I’m kinda worried. Iv been Back on the phone to the doctor and he must think I’m stupid because I told him about the negatives and he just put it down to me testing at the wrong time of day, which is not Helpful. Iv tried phoning family planning clinics and gum clinics to chance my luck into getting a test there will little joy. What am I supposed to do from here. I’m sorry I’m new to this and it’s too confusing for me with positives and negatives. Xx 

• Options

I've never had a negative unless after my miscarriages unfortunately. Are you having any symptoms or spotting. Sorry they arent more understanding xxx

• Options

I am having bad cramping and Have had for a day or two but no blood of any kind. Xx 

• Options

HI there

I just found out I'm pregnant last weekend however I don't know how many weeks as I've had a period since I last had sex which has me really worried and I've had light spotting ever since my period which caused tlme to take a test. I've taken 3 tests all saying positive. I can't get in to see my Dr till Friday and I'm freaking out that I've had a normal period while being pregnant. I also was ill with flu over the Christmas period so was taking lots of medications for that as well over doing it on new year. 

Am I over reacting if I go to the walk in centre to get checked?

• Options

I would recommend finding your local early pregnancy unit. My friend had that put had a perfectly healthy baby.

If not walk in centre is okay too I would say xxx

• Options

Hi Lizm, try testing with your first wee of the day, tomorrow morning, as this is the most concentrated wee, where there should hopefully be lots of the pregnancy hormone present. 

We reckon, what your doc was trying to say, was that if you test with your first wee of the day, you will hopefully have another positive. If you then went on to test with another wee, not long after that first one, you are likely to get a negative, as there might not be as much hormone in that wee - we hope that helps? 

Hi Dory27, sorry to hear your so worried. Do let us know what you decide to do - fingers crossed everything is ok for you. 

• Options

Liam have you tried a clear blue digital test that tells you are far long u are? When other tests showed negative for me it showed positive for both my pregnancies. 

dory i would get checked out- don’t be worrying about over reacting. Thats what they are there for and it’ll give you some reassurance xx

• Options

MrsR416 I actually Wouldn’t have thought of that. Will give it a try after exam period. thank you xx