Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Ah that’s much more reasonable! I’ll have to keep looking around. The 3rd quote I got was 5 photos for £500 🙈😂 

• Options
    Oh bloody hell that is expensive! Hubby definitely wouldn’t of let me book it if it cost that much. I found mine through Facebook, have you looked on there? Quite a few people in my area have used the same woman xx 
  • Options
    Hi ladies

I had my 20 weeks scan today and i am having a boy 💙 i am so happy but i have long thought a was havjng a girl.my husband is over the moon but then it a bit of a struggle to find the name.
    I am so sorry liz for your swollen ankle and i hope it gets better. I got some clothing,the pram from mothercare,a pack of bibs, a pack of socks,some feeding bottles,if anyone can think of something that will help because for my i am lost this time around in france the maternity gives you a list which i absolutely forgot its been sometime.
    My husband also asked abiut booking another scan but the sonographer told us not to bother paying for another one that nearly everyone ends up having a growth scan so am hoping to see him again.
    I definetely feel lots of kicks now but at night late night though some as am writing.
    Can anyone tell me what they got already so i can make a list.

Wish all of you mums the best 
  • Options
    Congrats pamchou we are having a boy too this time😁 here's a brief list of basics (some of which I had from my youngest) hope it helps, sure theres more I'm yet to think about x

cot
    pram/ car seat
    Moses basket/ next to me
    bath
    nappies
    clothes
    bottles
    Dummies
    steriliser
    Toys (I.e bouncy chair thing)
    Muslims
    nappy bin
    blankets/bedding
    buggy board
    monitor
    changing mat
  • Options
    Had a bit of a worrying night last night! I’m totally fine now.
    I’m not sure what happened really. I woke up at 3am in agony!
    The sides of my back radiating round to my ribs, especially my left side. I couldn’t roll over and when I eventually managed to sit up I couldn’t lie down. Walking was agony, I ended up on all fours rocking and then ran a hot bath at 3:30am. My husband was worried we should go to hospital but even though it was totally out of the blue and weird I was sure that it would end up being something harmless. It was constant pain it wasn’t on and off, just got more severe with movement. I used to have pretty bad period pains and it was worse than those. We flew home from our baby moon yesterday (4 hour flight) and our mattress was giving me back problems on holiday, also had to stand and wait for our luggage for agessss and my back was sore then. Could also feel that baby was really far back and pressing on my bladder yesterday so I don’t know if it was just a combination of all those things and then when I had my bath she moved forward and I felt much better. I’ve been fine all day today. Hope it’s not a regular occurring thing! 😖
  • Options
    Congrat Mich03 on you baby boy and hope everything is fine with you.
    Thank you so much for the list it helps alot.
  • Options
    Alice2801 i am so sorry to hear that and happy to know you are fine. I think uts a combination of all those things you listed so please do rest and i hope you never experience that anymore.

• Options
    Omg ladies my boobs have started to leak 
  • Options
    😂 I think mine will too any day now. How many weeks are you? I’ve been getting little bits that go unnoticed and dry out on my nipples 🥴 tmi haha! But no proper leakage yet. I’m 25 weeks tomorrow! Feel like there’s only 5 left till the panic sets in 😱😂 
  • Options
    Yep I’m 25 weeks today!! Looks like breast pads will be on the shopping list for this week 😂
  • Options

Alice - how you feeling now? Could it have been trapped wind? Probably caused by the cabin pressure on the flight!

Lea - are they leaking bad?

• Options
    No it wasnt bad. It wasn’t no bigger than a £2 coin the mark that was on my top, then a few smaller dots how I’d moved. Not sure whether it’s a good or bad thing 
  • Options
    I’m fine now :) I don’t think it was wind. If it was then I’ve never felt wind like it! 
    We cleared out the nursery yesterday so it’s empty ready to paint over the bank holiday weekend 😊 
    Might also brave a trip to ikea one evening this week to see if they’ve got any bits like wardrobes/storage/baskets. 
  • Options

Honestly I had trapped wind a few times and I honestly thought I was dying!! Worst pain ever!

I braved Ikea on Saturday and wasn't too bad. Nursery is nearly done, just need to get the cot up and get all the bits out for her but we do that later as I have a few cats and worried about them using the cot as a sleeping space LOL.

• Options
    We need a cot too then the room will be pretty much done other than the little faffy bits! Need to put a curtain pole up and a couple of shelves too x
  • Options
    @Lea2018 How was The Baby Show? Did you buy anything? 
    PS 😂😂😂at your leaky boobs - I remember when that happened to me and being horrified! 
  • Options
    @Lea2018 @Lizbragg35

so jealous! Can’t wait to get ours done now :) what wardrobe did you go for? Our box room is average size but I’m worried of over filling it with a cot, wardrobe and changing table / also want some sort of rocker for the baby and little accessories. 
    So I don’t know whether to look at a larger wardrobe with a pull out changing table. 
  • Options
    Baby show was brilliant. Bought Ewan the sheep and a nursing pillow. Also ordered our pushchair too 🥳🥳 

haha was lying there and felt wet. Hubby was in the bathroom and hadme shouting through to him MY BOOBS LEAKING 😂😂 
  • Options

Alice - I didn't need a wardrobe as the babies room has 2 built in Wardrobes. I Just got her a chest of draws and one of the 8 cube kallax things for toys and bits in the future. It's quite a big room for her but the other spare room is my husbands "man cave" which he wasn't giving up without a fight but I guess in the long room she would have ended up in that room anyway.

Lea - I would have been the exact same!! Screaming what is happening!!

• Options
    All I have in the nursery is an Ikea wardrobe, chest of drawers and a kallax 4 cube. Only other thing I’ll be putting in there is a cot

ha Liz glad it’s not just me 😂😂