Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NEW, Clomid advice?

Replies

• Options
    I am kind of in limbo at the moment, half of me knows ill get pregnant I have a really strong feeling it will work! Then the other half of me is so scared incase it doesn't work. I am even dreaming about it now! But I can't seem to shake this feeling and I'm unsure as to what it is.

Yeah I'm defo going to look for some good lube. Yeah let's hope we all get the ending we all deserve. image
  • Options
    I had some really weird dreams about being pregnant! they they were so real!

The cycle i fell pregnant i still felt like my period was going to come and i was so sure that it was on its way! i had the cramping, bloated stomach everything to say it was coming and it became my test day that the hospital gives you to do a pg test and it was positive couldnt believe it!

Im just waiting for my period to come now its due any day... i was hoping i wouldnt have to start the clomid again and fall pregnant quickly as they say your more fertile but i dont have that much luck. image x
  • Options
    I know there is hope, and I'm praying that this I'd my year. You never know lottie you might fall pregnant straight away again just keep possitve. But I know what you mean though I'm not a lucky person at all. I always knew I would have a problem conceiving and I was right!! God I would do anything to just see a positive test! I have has dreams before that I was pregenent then I'd always wake up image xx
  • Options
    i know what yous mean about the dreams, i went through a phase about 2 months ago where id have the same dream every night and wake up cryin every morning was horrible, more recently i found myself avoiding isles in store that had any baby products on them, then when i told myself id never have anymore i had to face it, walked down where all the babygrows and little cute teddys wer i got really emotional but after that i felt i had to try move on it was driving me insane basing every daily task i done on babys it was taking over my life!

now the drs have given me this chance im still not convincing myself itl happen i dont want to face another let down but i do feel like by me convincing myself i wasnt to have any more and to be greatful for what i had definately has helped, me and my partner are so much closer because im not puting pressure on either of us to have sex and things, now we do it because its what we want i dont even use the opks anymore i dont want to go back the way x whats ment to be will be x im just hoping this time it is xx
  • Options

Hi all, just a positive little addition

I was started on clomid last November due to trying to conceive for 9 years (I have PCOS) and finally decided if I wanted another baby I would have to ask DR again, used clomid over 9 years ago for my DS. 

Started in November, went for follicle tracking. All good, good progesterone levels showing good ovulation apparently. Then I was fortunate to conceive on first month...was shocked but pleased. Now 12 weeks +1! 

Hoping you all get positive results from your clomid!! xx

• Options
    thats brilliant smilerkinners!! image so happy for you congrats! hope everyhing goes well for you x

can i ask did you have problems ovulating every month? did your dr test your bloods monthly to find out if you had ovulated before starting you on clomid?x

i have 3 obsticles in my way

1. no ovulation ( which im hoping the clomid fixs)

2. blocked tube ( just need to deal with this no way to fix)

3. lower than average sperm, good strong swimmers just not alot of them x

if you have any advice or things you changed to concieve id love to hear any x

congrats again!! image xx
  • Options

wow thats great news smilerkinners!! its nice to hear some good things about it. i cant wait to find out if its worked for us. i am about half way though my cycle so only time will tell. but heres hoping! image

• Options

Hi kellx, 

No the dr did not test my bloods each month, Very irregular. To the point of 3-6 months without period. When I was referred to fertility clinic I had to have various blood tests throughout the month following an induced bleed brought on by Proveera. The body produces a few different hormones throughout the month. I got the impression all were fine except the Progesterone (ovulating one). That's what it said in my notes anyway.

When I started my clomid in the first month the clinic carried out follicle tracking to ensure ovulation and in case more than one egg was produced or if the medication needed to be more due to no ovulation. Got the test results from blood test for Progesterone same day I did first preg test (very faint...imagination faint) which they said I'd had a really good ovulation.

I had a BMI over 30 and lost 2 stone before I started on the clomid! We had intercourse every other day as they say the sperm is not too old and not too young although around ovulation we chucked in an extra day! 

I cut out caffeine as did hubby and we both went on selenium and zinc. this was all suggested by fertility clinic which you probably know anyway. 

Will they unblock your tube? Sounds painful! Had the test for blocked tubes and that hurt, hoping that everything works out for you and Leanne-25 and anyone else! xx

• Options

i had the dye test done and that hurt me so much! but my tubes are ok they just said that im not ovulating. they want me to test on my second cycle to see if im ovulaing they want me to do 3 though out the month because my periods are all over the place. but there not doing any follicle tracking, im at the doctors tomorrow to decsuss the clomid so i will ask her about that. i dont think the NHS do a good job to look after everyone really there seems to be alot of women that arent very happy with them. i am hoping it all works out too smilerkinners, i cant wait much longer!! xx

• Options
    thanks for the information smilerkinners x it cheered.me up hearing you got pregnant first go, gives me hope x

thats great you lost that much weight so quick, iv managed to loose 1st 4lbs before i started it so hoping this makes a positive impact aswell x

yeah i only drink one to two cups of tea a week, cut out alcohol which id usualy drink once a week so stoped that completly which i feel has had a good impact.on my body.. me and partner are still taking our vitamins too

they tried unblocking the tube but it was completly blocked, he just said when he tried to put the dye through it went in a little but absolutely nothing came out so think it may be blocked half way down x was devistated when he told me i cried for days its such a long tiring process! image

im the same as leanne finding that the doctors arent doing much for.me im.just geting left to get on with it no follicle tracking, nothing x

they say its bad to have sex every day dont they? especialy if low sperm ?x
  • Options

Yes kellx, we were told not every day!

I live in Wales and was referred to fertility clinic in Shrews. Am 37 and cut off age is 38, so really glad I went for it when I did! Losing weight was really hard 2 slimfasts a day and only a 200/300 cal tea, with tiny snacks inbetween! Food was my one thought!! I did that so many days then allowed myself a day off then back on just so wasn't losing it too quick, also started going to gym with hubby!! I would have thought follicle tracking was something they would have done straight away (due to multiple eggs or no ovulation) but now I remember that 9 years ago when I was given it I was given it by the dr and told to take it for 3-6 months. I didn't end up taking any as I had to have a period to start and spent the 3 months before my review at the clinic waiting!! Then after that I was prescribed Proveera to induce the bleed and had follicle tracking then!

Hope this makes sense. What I'm trying to say is maybe they are just seeing if it will work for you guys without any interference and then after so many months trying they will carry out further investigations! Maybe also if you're younger aswell that may make a difference. And where you live!! Hoping to hear you guys have conceived soon regardless of the drs!! xx HUGS to all. I know what the wait is like and the hope each month and the let down feels like. xx

• Options
    SmilerKinners thats great news! It is really nice to hear positive stories about clomid. I no myself that it works so im abit more positive starting it again just hoping that everything goes well this time as i mc at 71/2 weeks before image

I think different areas nhs services do things differently though which isint really fair.

Im 24 so i dont no if its my age to the reason why i have scans at day 12 and then injection to release my eggs but i think everyone should get the same treatment.

I hope the next few months go really quick for you!
  • Options

Thanks Lottie1988. And you're right it isn't fair. but at least we are able to get the clomid. I was a bit more worried about mc this time. Real sorry to hear that you and others have had one. I can't imagine it.  Hope this works for you and all goes well. Hugs. xx

• Options
    thanks for the advice smilerkinners x i wish they would track me and then give me the injections to release an egg atleast then id know when to have sex but im geting nothing, no scans or tracking or even regular bloos tests just day 21 and thats it which is quiet frustrating as everyone else seems to be getting lota more help but im just thankful im even geting the chance to try clomid tbh!

im also 24 so maybe this does make a difference in what they do for you? hmm x

im.going to buy that preseed, i havent had any issues in that deprtment but the reviews are great for it so it cant help to add that in the mix and hope for the best x

thank you & hope your pregnancy goes smoothly with a beutiful baby waiting at the end of it image xx
  • Options
    I asked my doctor about the tracking today, and she said that my hospital doesn't have the things to do it! Which is annoying. But she did say that if I haven't caught on in 3 months she would look at upping the dose. But I'm hoping it won't come to that xx
  • Options
    what dose are you on leanne? theyve gave me 100mg both times and started me on the same again.

kellx preseed is really good ive heard . can you get it in the shops? or just on the internet. I used sensilube which I bought from tesco.

i think my period will be here any time now getting a few aches and hot flushes normally means its going to be here very soon . then I can start my clomid image
  • Options
    I am on 50mg at the moment. So I will be on that for 3 months if it hasn't work sooner?! I am really trying to calm down as I've been getting a little irritable these last few weeks worrying about it all. I am a worrier anyway so I'm always a half empty kinda person. But I know I have to be more positive about it xx
  • Options
    you have to be positive.

it will work , I was told it had a 50% chance of sucess.

my first cycle of it I ovulated to soon so didnt really work but like i said 2nd cycle went fine and I fell.

when will you no if its worked? x
  • Options
    Well today is day 13 so ill not know for a few weeks or so.... I am hopeful that it will work just not sure how long it will take. I don't think it will work on this one but I'm hoping my second one will. Just have to wait xx
  • Options
    the cheapest place iv seen it is on amazon lottie, think il see how this month goea and if i have problems il buy it, i checked the clomid calculator and given the dates and put in i was on clomid.from the 2nd until the 7th iv to test for ovulation tomorrow, is this.not a bit soon?x