Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in September 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in September 2014!

Replies

• Options

Just thought I'd say hello image got my. First midwife appointment this Friday and according to the baby app thingy I'd be due 29th September - very excited but scared at the same time as this is our first baby.

• Options

Hi Tattostars, how exciting! How are you feeling? I'm due around 22nd Sept (FC)

I've been feeling really tired and dizzy!

xx

• Options

Hi Carioke I'm not too bad, very tired and nauseous on and off but guess that's to be expected image 

• Options
    I had my scan yesterday in London they saw the baby and heartbeat. Hoping now that I get to 12 week's with no issues.

Referred myself to midwife so she should hopefully contact me on Wednesday!
  • Options
    Hi all. After worrying about erratic AF I got my BFP on 1st Feb. Dr says due 18/9/14 but I think I'm a couple weeks less bcos of 2wk AF in Dec. This is 1st baby and I am so happy! Only symptoms seem to be sensitive gag when brushing teeth. Exciting to learn about baby image got midwife appt on valentines x
  • Options

Hi Anxiousmummy - So happy everything went well at your scan and that you got to see your baby!  Even though we have seen the baby early it doesn't stop the worry....I am hoping I will start to relax a bit more after my 12 week scan but think I may be kidding myself haha.  Mine is on the 25th Feb, you got a date for yours yet?

Hi JP2 - Congratulations on your BFP!!  Not long to go for your first appointment image I am also gagging in a morning when brushing my teeth and also this morning I have been gagging at just about anything image

x

• Options
    I have another scan at EPAC on Monday and I hope they will arrange another two at 8/9 and 10/11 weeks.

I have only just referred myself to the midwife after bad experiences previously. And she's not in til Wednesday so hopefully she will arrange my booking in appointment.

I'm not 12 weeks until 18th March so still lots of time image xx
  • Options

Just back from my first appointment with midwife and she's awful! She was absolutely horrible and has left me feeling scared and feeling like I don't want to be pregnant anymore image

surely you're not supposed to feel like this after you've just after seeing a healthcare professional?  She's got me scared that because of a higher BMI I'm highly likely to miscarry.  Is it possible to request a different midwife?  

• Options
    Tattoostars sorry to hear u had a bad appointment! Was it your booking appointment or is it your midwife appoitment... As I too had a horrid midwife for my booking appointment but will not see her again as I will be seeing my gps midwife... So hopefully this will be the same for you... My midwife from my booking appointment also said my BMI was too high and so she made sure I had to be tested for diabetes I was like thanks so your just saying I'm fat and I'm going to cause my baby harm!!! Then she was having a right go at me due to the fact I am on anti-depressants and has decided I need to have psychiatric tests as if I'm some sort of danger to my baby! So I too am very upset after my dealings with that witch but thankfully I do not have to see her again but it still doesn't change all this tests I have to have thanks to her!!!!!xx

Don't worry your not alone! If I was you I would change midwives xx
  • Options

Oh Leigh I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!  Surely their training has notes saying "don't scare pregnant women to the point they feel an inch tall"

Unfortunately this was the practice midwife - gutted! Phoned my mum in floods of tears (already emotional mess with hormones and that witch of a midwife didn't help!) mum suggested phoning the GP and asking his advice and making a complaint about midwife, if she upset me and scared me this match after first visit god only knows what I'd end up like if I needed to phone with an emergency!!

urgh!  Horrible people!  Going to drown my sorrows with a diet decaf coke - spoiling myself eh?! 

• Options

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update - had my scan today and everything looks well. Feeling very emotional right now. The little beanie is doing well and could see its little heart going. I cried! Hope I can get my 12 weeks scan before the end of February image xxx

• Options

OMG, aren't midwives supposed to be nice?? Disgraceful the way they treat pregnant women!! I'm glad to say mine's lovely, she's older (about 50).

so glad everything went well sweetjudy!! how many weeks are you?

xx

• Options

sweetjudy that's amazing! No wonder you cried, I would have too!  So exciting!! image xx

• Options

Hi Ladies can I join you please? I'm Kate (33 years old) and due on 3rd September from LMP with my second child. I have a daughter, Amaia who will be 3 in July. Looking forward to getting to know you all, 

x

• Options

Hi ladies,

Carioke - I thought I was 9w plus 3, but the doc measured the baby as 8w plus 6. He said that it was growing nicely image

Thank you Tattoostars image

Welcome SheffieldKate - how many weeks are you?I am guessing that you must be almost 11 weeks, going by your edd...

xxx

• Options

Hi Sweetjudy I am 10+3 and have my 12 week scan and consultants appointment on 19th Feb. WIth my first they dated me a week later than I thought too, it's often moved so don't worry!  Is this your first?

• Options

Hello sheffieldkate,

Oh wow, exciting image I haven´t got my scan appointment yet, only the booking in one on Tuesday. This is our first after a missed mc last year image. Thinking positive and believeing that this one os well and happy image xxx

• Options
    I had horrible experience with midwifes before.

When I lost all my symptoms with second miscarriage I was told in all her experience she had never known someone miscarry without bleeding. She hadn't heard of Mmc clearly!

With my 4th pregnancy I was told that I HAD ONLY HAD 2 miscarriages so why was I worrying.

With the last miscarriage I was told IF you get to 8 weeks I will phone you then. I miscarried at 7 so never had the pleasure.

Dreading meeting them this time as 2 of the comments came from who I think will be my midwife at my GP surgery.

Wondering if it's possible to see another at a different GPs? Xx
  • Options

Hi anxiousmummy,

That is awful and completely out of order! Could you ask for a different mw at the same GP? I think you could see a new mw if you changed GPs, that should not be a problem. Do you get a new mw at the hospital? 

I will be dealing with the hospital mws becaue I have not chosen my local hospital and I will therefore see the mw at the GP surgery at 16 weeks and that will be it. Last time, the hospital told me that I could completely transfer to the hospital midwives if I was not happy with the one at the GP surgery. Could that be an option for you?

xxx

• Options
    Congratulations to those of u that have had scans, and happy bouncing beans! And to those of u that r new to the group!

If I had a vile midwife id have to move surgery! I'm happy to say my midwife is really nice, she's the same age as me, and was my sisters midwife last yr!

I've just had my booking in appointment and bloods and have been told I will receive a scan date and consultant date within a week, exciting stuff! Well the scan anyway!

My 'thing' at the minute is I literally have a mouthful of food and im stuffed for like the rest of the day! I need to lose some weight anyway so it's not to much of a problem! It's just that I can't finish a plate of food without feeling like I'm going to explode lol! Xx