Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Kicking off the Due in November threads!

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations Natnoodo! It's my first too, so we're in the same boat! It's very exciting isn't it!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Im due on November 5th too image. Found out im pregnant last week. Im a little worried though as recently a lot of people i know have had miscarriges and its got me worried i will have too. I had a bit of spotting last friday, it was light pink and only lasted a few hours and had nothing since but keep getting mild stomach ache, sometimes really low down and sometimes right at the top of my stomach, its like a really mild period pain.

Is this normal? My little boy is 7 now so cant remember if i had this but i know at 8 weeks i had to leave work because of pain i was in.

Thanks,

And congrats everyone image
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm due 4th Nov and sooo excited just keep smiling!!! Even tho I'm peeing all the time and constantly feeling sick I just love it. I can smell everything which isn't a good thing when u work in a restaurant, the smell of beer is really knocking me sick!!! Hope everyone is feeling fine nd is enjoying this fab time xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies! How are we all doing? I've just got back from an exhausting weekend at Center Parcs, feel like I now need a holiday! I'm starting to feel quite tired now and I felt a bit dizzy like i was going to faint yesterday. I'm glad to have some symptoms to make it feel more real! Oh and I am peeing A LOT! Sometimes I'm only just making it to the loo in time haha! I did a ClearBlue digital on Saturday, just wanted to see it in writing. It came up ???????pregnant 3+ weeks??????? image

vw_family the book is great, it's divided into trimester and each part tells you what's happening to the baby, how you'll change physically what you'll feel emotionally and how your partner might be feeling. It also covers the food to avoid, info about travelling, different kinds of antenatal care, all that jazz. I might look for another book as well as whilst this one's got lots of info, it's quite a strict book, I quite fancy the idea of one that's a bit more chatty iykwim.

Tashelby I hope this is 3rd time lucky for you hun. Will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Emilyegg11 I'm nervous too and just wishing the weeks away to 12 weeks! This is my first baby so I just have no idea what to expectt and what's normal

MoJacobs I'm sure all is fine and you just peed out all the pregnancy hormone before you too that faint test! Glad

Hi autumn_79, hannahk08, bendy9432, natnoodo, kayliegh_24 and sezwat82 - so glad to see more ladies to share this adventure with!

I was thinking, shall we make the front page a tracker for everyone's due date? Could have a list of our usernames, whether it's our 1st, 2nd, etc, and due date?

xx
  • Options
    The what to expect book is really chatty, do you have an iphone or ipad? There's an app for it and a lot of the info is on the app. I don't know if you can get it on other phones (I'm a technophobe!)

Starting to feel a little sicky in the afternoons now and woke up in the night with really bad cramps, I'm sure everything is normal but I can't help worrying over every little thing and I'm sure it isn't going to get any better with time... :roll:

I think a DD thread is a great idea, plenty of us around now, very exciting!! x x
  • Options
    Sounds like we are all having cramps. I've ad the same, lower back ache and period pains but my husband reminded me that this was exactly what happened with our first baby so I am trying not to worry.

Kayleigh - sounds loke you've had implantation bleeding which is very common so try not to worry. I think that if you got bright red blood and lots of it then go to the hospital but light pink is very likely to be the baby bedding in nicely and making a little home for itself! I think I got implantation bleeding around 9 weeks last time. x
  • Options
    G/C from DIA. Congratulations to you all on your BFPs image I've seen some of your posts in TTC, it's fab to be in a due in group isn't it? Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Lu xx
  • Options
    if any of you want to be added to a DIN facebook group add me and ill add you to is as its a secret group ... lisamarie lauchlan
  • Options
    Morning!

I'm definitely up for the Facebook group as I didn't really get involved with my little boy and regretted it slightly as the 'Due in' thread was so quiet as most seemed to be on the facebook group. My only concern is whether my friends will see the group I've joined? I'm, like most, so concerned about something going wrong and we're trying to keep it schtum with everybody until 12 week scan. Also, I did try to find you Lisa but couldn't! Probably me doing something wrong!

Can't remember my symptoms with little one apart from sickness and back ache kicked in around 6 weeks until 16 weeks. Just getting AF type cramps predominantly in the evening and then so bloated! Part of me wants the sickness to know all moving along nicely and part of me doesn't as not sure how I'll cope with an 18 month old! Mind you, not everyone gets it do I might be a lucky one!

Hope all well with everyone

• Options
    I've updated the first post on this thread with our due dates - bendy9432 I cant seem to find yours in your posts though? Please let me know and I will add it!

Vw_family I dont have an iphone I have a blackberry though so might look and see if they have the app. I think I will get the book though, I had a look at it on amazon it looks good! I woke up this morning feeling a little queasy like I'd been spun around but it has gone now. The thing I'm noticing most is how sore my boobs are when I go to bed, they feel like rocks! I'm sure the cramps are normal hun, I've had a few twinges like af stretching pains but despite being on knicker watch I've not seen any bleeding. I've read that the uterus stretches so that's probably all it is. That said I reckon I will worry non-stop until baby is here.

Emilyegg11 so glad you are here to reassure us that it's all normal! image

Loobylu7 thank you for the congrats!

Lisabbyuk I tried to find you on FB too but no joy, I'm probably being thick!

Bendy9432 I'm same as you I want the sickness so I know something's happening but I dont want it either, if it strikes from 6weeks to 16 weeks then i will be sick on my 30th birthday and on my holiday haha!

I got a pack through the post today with my midwife appointment it's on 21st march. So excited!

xx
  • Options
    PS. I also knitted some bootees last night, how over-excited am I! xx
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

Thought I would post here after my melodramatic intro thread yesterday.

I am Pozzee Pod, I am 29, Mr P is 30. This will be our fifth try at a baby. I know I should be scared but I am so shocked and happy at this surprise I can't bring myself to be at the moment. So I have decided to be positive and excited instead. We live in London and I currently work from home after 7 years as a crazy career girl. No more 18 hour days for me - thank goodness.

Sian I think my EDD will end up being 31Oct/1Nov but I won't know for sure until I have a scan - I hope you'll let me stay even if it ends up being an October EDD. Best put me down for 1 Nov for now.

I am really interested in everyone's symptoms.

The last four pregnancies I have known almost from the word go that I was pregnant, this one totally passed me by. I am not sure if that is because I have less/less severe symptoms or I just wasn't looking out for them so I didn't notice them.

I have sore boobs (but not as bad as previously), tingly nipples, lots of veins on my boobs, EXTREME fatigue (thank God for home working), and the nausea has really started to hit (chundered for the first time this morning, classy), and I just feel ill all day long.

I am weeing a lot - but then I do this anyway, I sit at my desk with a two liter bottle of water sipping it all day long. Also a bit constipated - sorry for TMI.

That's about it at the moment. How is everyone feeling? I started to feel excited today, I know I should probably be more worried than this but I'm not. If I wasn't so exhausted I wouldn't be able to sleep because I am so excited.

Love to all,

PP XXXX
  • Options
    ps I have an iPregnancy app on my iphone that is quite good. It's obviously a US one but there's some nice trackers and info on it.
  • Options
    Hello pozzee_pod! I really hope this bean stays put hun, FC! I have added you to the front. You are so lucky working from home, what do you do? I feel like I am missing out not being sick, I know I will regret it but I really want to have sickness to make it seem more real! I am peeing a lot too, and though I am not constipated things seem a bit sluggish iykwim. When will you be having your scan? xx
  • Options
    I am a writer, doing a bit here and there but ultimately I am trying to write a book. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be but I am thrilled to be doing something I have always dreamt of. I'll admit I haven't got a lot done since I took the pregnancy test yesterday, still getting my head around it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a more productive mental space - after all if I don't write now the only person I am cheating is myself. It's a lot less glamorous than I thought it would be, I spend a lot of time at home in my PJs drinking cups of tea rather than hobnobbing with other artists at swanky parties drinking champagne. Maybe one day? Home working is good - I can just go to bed if I feel terrible, but it's also a bit lonely and you have to keep your motivation up, no boss to shout at me here!

Sorry for the essay. What do you do?

PP X
  • Options
    Pozzee _pod, really hoping this is it for you!

I haven't had many symptoms really. I had more last month when I thought I was pregnant but wasn't!! I first had an idea that I possibly could be pregnant when at 7dpo I had cramps and noticed the tiniest ever amount of spotting with little darker specks in it when I wiped. It was hardly anything, but it was definitely there (I stared and stared at it!!)

Then nothing really until I got my BFP at 12dpo.

Since then I have had some nausea. Not actually been sick, but felt sick on and off all day. I have also needed to wee lots. Oh and I've been so tired, needing to go to sleep at 8pm, but then waking at 5am to go to the loo and not being able to go back to sleep! Yesteday I noticed the biggest change....my boobs are sooooo sore and I am bloated!! Very bloated! It's like I have a tiny little bump already!

Actually I guess I do have quite a few symptoms!
  • Options
    Oh, and I will be 5 weeks on Thursday
  • Options
    Hey ladies... Congratulations on all you wonderful BFP's.... I wasn't going to join in yet as I got my BFP last Wednesday and I am 5+5 today with EDD of the 1st of November.... However this is pregnancy number 4 after 3 recurrent miscarriages.... I was staying away until I read the post from poozzee pod and thought you know what I should be thinking positive too.... So I am here... Hoping 4th time lucky... I'm not giving up on this one!!

Pozzee pod have you undergone any treatment for your miscarriages?? I am at liverpools womens hospital, all my tests came back clear but this pregnancy I am having two HCG injections a week and am on high dose folic acid, I am also getting scaned at 6,8,10 and 12 weeks..... Would be interesting to exchange stories.... Hope I can have as much positivity as you have.

Good luck everyone and look forward to getting to know you all x x
  • Options
    Howdy!

So interesting reading all your stories and all our symptoms seem pretty similar. Totally forget to put my EDD which is 7th November.

Just had dinner and my tummy feels so solid and bloated! Time for lying horizontal on the sofa and watching trash on TV while my hubby puts my LO to bed. Happy days!

• Options
    Blimey! There are a lot of us on the 1st!!

Huge congratulations 3054! I remember you from TTC, heres to the positivity!!

x x