Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 faint lines on first response tests and 1 negative clear blue digital?

Replies

• Options

That looks like maybe an evaporation line. I wouldn't trust that test. I used the same ones in October and got false positives. Try taking a pink eye test. 

• Options

Hi All,

I took a First Response test last night and this morning. Both look positive to me. Last night's result was stronger than this morning (I did pee in the middle of the night).

I took a Clear Blue Digital at noon today and it said not pregnant.

I have PCOS (just found out) so I'm nervous I'm not or I'll miscarry and don't want to get my hopes up.

Because of the pcos my cycles are anywhere from 26-35 days (usually closer to 35). My ovulation is erratic to so I don't know I ovulated. The days on my test are from the first day of my last period (start of cycle). 

Thoughts?image

• Options

Hi everyone 

I'm new to this and it's the first time I've joined any forum at all. But I am worried that something is wrong and wondering if anyone has been in this situation before. 

I had my contraceptive implant removed in Feb 2016 and my cycle lengths since then have been as follows; 28,28,25,25,26,27,25,25,24,23. 

This is the first month we have been TTC. I suffer with anxiety and can often just immediately jump to the worst conclusion about things so I've been convinced I won't ever be able to get pregnant etc etc. Anyway, 23 days in my cycle would have been Wednesday, and my period has not yet arrived (it's now Saturday). Earlier in the week around Monday and Tuesday I was feeling pretty nauseous. But I've taken pregnancy tests that say negative. I took one this morning that I think was meant to be quite a sensitive one (10ml sensitivity I believe!!) and still don't see any line at all. It's one of these tiny little strip ones.

I'm trying not to worry and tell myself that it doesnt mean something is wrong with me as 28 day cycle would mean period coming on Monday so maybe if I am pregnant it's just still not detectable but I can't help but panic that something is wrong with me cycle now!! Today will be 12 dpo. 

sorry for the essay! Any thoughts would be welcome! Thanks everyone :)

• Options

imageimage 

took 2 first response tests, both in the am about one day apart. results above-super faint line, but my sister says a line is a line and I could just be really early on in pregnancy. Took a CBD and said not pregnant. What is your opinion based on pics above? The lighting didn't catch the line as well as in person. It is pink and slightly darker than pic. 

• Options

image image image

took 2 first response tests, both in the am about one day apart. results above-super faint line, but my sister says a line is a line and I could just be really early on in pregnancy. Took a CBD and said not pregnant. What is your opinion based on pics above? The lighting didn't catch the line as well as in person. It is pink and slightly darker than pic. 

• Options

So iam new here. And I have missed my period. I was supposed to start on the eight of this month. Last time I had my period was December 8 2016. And it's January 2 2017, and I have not had my period. I took a pregnacy test this morning and it shows a faded line. Not sure what this means! 😔image

• Options

So iam new here. And I have missed my period. I was supposed to start on the eight of this month. Last time I had my period was December 8 2016. And it's January 2 2017, and I have not had my period. I took a pregnacy test this morning and it shows a faded line. Not sure what this means!  😔image

• Options

So iam new here. And I have missed my period. I was supposed to start on the eight of this month. Last time I had my period was December 8 2016. And it's January 27 2017, and I have not had my period. I took a pregnacy test this morning and it shows a faded line. Not sure what this means!  😔image

• Options

WKnight

My test look like that a couple weeks ago and my first clear blue digital turned out negative too. I waited two days and my next clearblue digital was a very solid pregnant. 

I am now almost 7 weeks along and my first ultrasound is in 4 days. 

Congrats your pregnant! The Clearblue digital require a lot more hormone in your system than the first response is so they take longer to show up.

• Options

Dozy,

Is that line gray or is it pink? It's hard to tell in the picture. It kinda of looks like a grey evaporation line. How long did it take before the line showed up? I'd wait a couple days and then retest to see if it gets darker and more pink. Or if your really worried you can go to Dr for a blood test to know for sure.

• Options

I think it's a pink line.. but not sure here is the original pic. The other one I had to contrast it. image iam 20 years and i don't know anything about symptoms nor those tests. I took a clear blue but said not pregnant and then I waited like 3 min or 4 to read the results and that's what it gave me. 

• Options

J0208

I wouldn't stress. Don't test till your 29 days or later or your more likely to get a false positive.

It takes most couples 6-12 months to conceive. 

I have anxiety really bad too and I was worried that after three months of trying to conceive and nothing yet something was wrong with me. Plus I had just come off the NuvaRing and my cycles kept getting longer and longer along with a lot heavier and longer period. I saw my Obgyn and everything was fine with the exception of minor case of PCOS that she didn't think would be a problem. 

I'm happy to say that I am now 7 weeks pregnant! Try not to stress about it however hard that is because it really does make it more difficult to conceive!

• Options

Dozy

That looks like a positive test to me. Clearblue digitals need more hormones to read positive. Wait 2-3 days then take a digital. 

Your probably very early in your pregnancy.

• Options

J0208

I meant: Don't test till your 29 days or later or your more likely to get a false negative (not a positive).

• Options

Iam so scared... I can't belive my eyes. But thank you so much for everyone traying to read my results. . I will keep posting my test to see if the pink line gets darker. 

• Options

No need to be scared! It will all be ok!

• Options

What does it mean to test until the 29 day? Iam sorry but I don't know any of this. 

• Options

Most peoples cycles are around 28 days. Its best not to test early because your results may show a false negative (a negative when your actually pregnant but to early for the hormones to read positive).

In your case Dozy, your test showed what appears to be a positive. Its really rare to have a false positive (a positive when you are not actually pregnant). So I think you are expecting but very early. Test again in a couple days to see if the line gets more pronounced. 

• Options

Ok thank you so much for everything. Can I still eat the same food..and exercise like I do?

• Options

Exercise should be moderate (you don't want your heart rate up to high). Most drs suggest 30 minutes of walking a day at a minimum. 

And there are foods you shouldn't eat:

Caffeine

Some fish (tuna, makeral, shark - basically ocean predator fish)

Sprouts (bean sprouts, radish, alfalfa)

Raw or uncooked meats (no red steaks or sushi)

Deli meat

Hot Dogs

Alcohol

Liver

Smoked meats especially seafood

Raw shellfish

Soft cheese (brie, feta, blue cheese, queso)

Unpasteurized eggs or milk

Pate or mead spreads

Unwashed fruit and veggies