Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Options

Ooh do they!! Thanks lisil I’ll have a look! The carpet has sparkly bits in to, she doesn’t really care for any of it though, she does pick the stickers off the wall as well 🙄 oooh pirate themed thats a great idea! Thank you! also I don’t know if anyone has seen but it’s the best thing I got for lily when she was born & definitely something I’ll treasure forever is hand and foot moulds they do them in mothercare I will post a picture! 

• Options

That's lovely mummytolily I'll have to look into that.

As for Lily not looking after her room - I don't think any child does really unfortunately but at least they're nice when they are babies haha!

• Options

Lisl i love 💗 love 💗 love it!! Well done - it will look amazing when the furniture is in 😍 The wallpaper is amazing!  We toyed with a travel theme.

mummytolily WOW - you are so creative it looks Fab!!  I have the same cot and changing unit as you.

Pirates is an awesome idea or I guess a jungle theme??

We are going pink and grey, with a tree wall sticker and some cutiesy animal pictures - we have a built in wardrobe that I am planning on trying to open up and put the changing unit inside there - I am so not patient, I want it done now lol

How’s Everyone else doing? 

• Options

Thanks Mrs fish.

Your nursery sounds fab too. Can't wait to see it when it's all done! That would be handy if you can get the changing unit in the built in wardrobe.

And a jungle theme would be fab too! Definitely look on Pinterest mummytolily!

• Options

love seeing all the nursery posts! 

I think i spoke to soon, had a dizzy day yesterday and then today threw up in the morning and have felt rough since! It was so acid so just had this nasty taste in the back of my throat all morning. finAlly has gone with some nice salty chips for lunch ahah! 

Feeling better now just start to feel bad again if I don’t eat. 

I’m sure it was just today and tomorrow will be fine! Feeling happy though, hoping this is a good sign! 

Hows the tests today MrsFish? 

• Options

Oh Ria it does come and go, hopefully tomorrow you will feel better!! In a few weeks time you won’t even remember feeing so rotten!! 

My bloods are still good, lunch time was a little bit higher but still within safe range, but we had a team meeting in the pub 😜

I have just ordered some vegan cupcakes for my baby shower - now have 2 vegan friends, and although happy to try and make sandwiches/scones I have drawn the line at cakes lol 

Ele how are you lovely? X

• Options

Not creative mrs fish it was on the box the stickers came in so I just got my stepdad to copy it as much as possible 😂 I’m thinking maybe a Peter rabbit nursery? 

How is everyone? 

• Options

Hey ladies 

Loving the bedrooms 😍 Lisil wallpaper is one of the nicest I've seen and mummytolily how cute are Lily's 5 week old hand and foot 😍👶🏻 

Ria, strong symptoms almost always mean things are progressing really well, how many weeks are you now? Sorry if you've said recently my brain is worse than a seive at the mo 😩

Mrsfish, sorry to hear you're in and out of testing 😩 Hopefully things remain all clear for you! As the other ladies have mentioned, hopefully managing with the  diet will help keep you from passing the threshold! 🤞🏼

35 weeks today and Im having a really bad couple of days tbh, low mood, extremely exhausted to the point I am in tears and feel like I'm doing everything with little to no support from OH. On top of all that sleep just doesn't happen for more than an hour or two at night so I'm awake, overthinking and nesting all the time 😪 Other than that the baby seems fine, kicking and rolling, lots of hiccups etc. Waiting for her to drop now as I still feel like my bump is really high! 

• Options

I am loving all the nursery ideas! They are all going to be gorgeous :) I have decided on green (pretty easy, I love all things green) with winged monkeys and jackalopes, and other cute odd animals/characters. 

We finally got around to telling all of our families, so stressful but it is done, yay. 

Ria, sorry you are having such a bad sickness day, hopefully it eases off a little tomorrow, but I understand being happy about it too, any symptom is a good sign :) 

mrsfish, great to hear your bloods are all good. And how good are you to think about the vegans! it is so difficult going parties thinking you can only eat a few things. My sister is vegan and I am veggie, so i totally get the not even attempting to make cakes 😂 

mummytolily, peter rabbit would make a lovely theme for the nursery, so many characters and very boyish but sweet.

• Options

Love all these ideas girlies :) when my turn comes around it will be dinosaurs for a boy and pink and princess and flowery for a girl :) I've seen some lovely ideas on pinterest for these paper flowers and fabric covered letters :) easy ideas that done break the bank and can be used for a long time as baby gets older 

I start testing tomorrow although I'm not sure I should bother quite yet as used a  one this Afternoon  it was negative so thinking should I wait till Friday?? 

• Options

mrsRees I think you need to start testing to get a baseline reading - mine was negative for ages and then boom it turned - i would start so it can regulate with what is normal for your body :-) 

whalechick I have lots of veggie friends, 2 of them went vegan in Jan, so defo want them to feel like they are being catered for :-) 

Peter Rabbit is uber cute!! 

We ordered the carpet for babies room tonight, to be fitted in 9th, so OH will defo have to get the room decorated by then!! He thinks it will be done by end of the weekend 🤞

Oh Ele, so sorry you are feeling like this, I think you have found the last trimester difficult on and off - have you spoke to your midwife about being quite tearful?  Maybe also see if you Can get OH to step up a bit and help out with Leo or dinner or some chores? If He is super busy with work, is there any family around that could pick Leo up from school and give you a bit or R+R? I guess at this late stage any extra support helps!  I think I read l somewhere that baby may not engage until really late on 2nd or additional pregnancies....

Do keep coming here to let off steam though, we are all here for each other!!

My boy has now switched from his behaviour and his been really low, refusing to get out of bed and go to school - we have had this a couple of times before, it is sad, but a lot less stressful than going crazy aggressive......

Feeing quite positive about things at the mo - but it may all change by tomorrow! 

• Options

Ele- I’m 7w2d - I dont want to get my hopes up too much but it is nice to feeling more rough lol although I’m so ready for Bed and work was a struggle but I can’t complain! 

I think I’ll avoid throwing up tomorrow as much as possibl— really hurt my throat! 

Sorry to hear you’re having such  a tough time, lack of sleep would make me so tearful so I don’t blame you!! Try and get as much rest as poss and mrsfish is right, ask For support! 

Mrs fish great news about levels! May it continue! im sure your vegan friends will be appreciative with whatever- I’m gluten free and means so much when my friends include me in those situations! 

I used to have oseophagitis (bad acid reflux) was on meds for 2yeara and can feel some symptoms coming back already 🙈 doc said later in pregnancy it gets worse so I’ll have to  back on meds! 

Mrsrees- yes you need to get a baseline, depending on how early you have atarted testing, i used to do every other day when it was negative and early but yeh it is better everyday to get a better baseline! That’s with the digital one- it record so your norm to then know better when there is spike. excited For you! i loved gettingthat solid smiley- felt like a positive nice thing to see on a test 😁 

• Options

Ria sorry to hear you're feeling crappy but it's all good signs! 7 weeks already, that's amazing!

Mrs Fish glad to hear your levels are good today. 🤞 they stay that way. Can't wait to see the nursery when it's decorated 💗💗 sorry to hear your son is feeling low but at least it's less stressful for you.

Mummytolily Peter rabbit would be so cute 💙 love that idea!

Ele I do love the paper 💗 so happy we found it! I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Not long to go though now, just keep thinking of the end! Maybe speak to your oh and see if he can help out a bit more.

Whale chick that sounds like such a good nursery - very fun! Can't wait to see it.

Mrs Rees I'm not much help I'm afraid as I never used them but I think you should keep using them so you don't miss your window. 🤞🤞 for you!

31 weeks today, single figures left now in weeks xx

• Options

Ele so sorry you’re not feeling great ☹️ Have you spoken to Midwife? Does oh help much With Leo or cooking dinner? Maybe speak to him see if he can help you out more, hope you feel better soon 

whale chick! Loving the green idea! I absolutely love crocodiles (strange I know) 😂 

mrs Rees lily has fabric covered letters, they’re from lilymaedesigns on instagram deginitely recommend them! (Sorry For the poor picture lilys asleep so has to use flash 😂) will definitely get them for baby boy! 

Cant wait to see baby girls nursery Mrs fish! 

Lisil thank you although it might be a bit difficult as all the ones i like look like they’re hand painted 😢 I can just about manage stick men hahaha! Can’t believe you are 31 weeks! That’s crazy! Not long left at all! 

• Options

They are gorgeous mummytolily my sister in law is really good at that type of stuff so may see if she could do them 

Yeah will stick with the plan of testing from tomorrow 😀

• Options

I lost a baby in April then in june I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant both me and my partner were very nervous we still are I'm actually due now the 12 of this month with a little boy I'm so excited but still will be nervous till he gets here after the previous loss we had   Everytime he kicks me I make a little grunt and my partner gets worried haha bless I just can't wait to meet my little fella now😍 

mrsfish very sorry for your loss❤ my sister in law was pregnant on twins and sadly lost one but she has a healthy little boy with her now 

it's hard loosing a baby and I for one won't ever forget about the little baby I was carrying but we've gotta look forward to the good times with the future babies😘

• Options

Congratulations M155 - it so nice to hear of success stories and people making it to the end of their PG. how are you feeling now you are close to end?  Have you got a name for your baby boy 💙

How far along was your SIL when she lost one of her twins? I had just made it into the 2nd Tri and had got through a very traumatic first tri having bled since the beginning of wk 5 - I still find it heart breaking now!  I am keen to try again for another one as soon as possible (6months) and I think this is to replace my sleeping twin and I will be 40 in Nov so time isn’t on my side! 

Do keep us informed of how you get on and when you have baby - so very exciting that you are nearly there 😁

• Options

Thanks so much for your support ladies, it really means a lot ♥️ I've spoken with OH and told him to pull his finger out now! 

Off to the supermarket now to get some cake making bits for my baby shower! Its next week Saturday, and my piping technique is a bit rusty so want to have a practise lol! This is the style im going for... wish me luck lol! 

• Options

Wowzers!! Amazing cake!! 

Mine is also nx day - 10th - going early just incase lol.  Will be nice for you to have a play - wish I was closer,so I could sample your cake 😜

Fingers crosses hubbie Takes on board and helps out a bit more xx 

• Options

Bloody test had an error 😡 That's 1 wasted 🙁 Only have 10 will trunk again tomorrow am so will use a cheaply one this afternoon I had a cup of tea at 10 so hoping will be ok to use one soon cuz I really fancy a cuppa...I didn't have a cup to use so did it the pregnancy test Way this morning and have read that its best to do it from a cup so will do that tomorrow