Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• Options
    @Rachel.a21 is your little boy excited to be having a baby sister? 
  • Options
    Happy 16 weeks to me today 🎉
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 congratulations! Glad you're happy... I haven't found out gender yet.... but my instinct is that it will be a girl. No idea why, just a feeling... @Sunshine8888 - congratulations and snap on the 16 weeks!
  • Options
    Here's my bumpy bump....
  • Options
    I’m hopefully finding out next Friday ... I am part of a group when I had my boy n everyone except 1 lady had boys!!
  • Options
    I don’t find out for a few more weeks still and it’s killing me!! 
    @Rachel.a21 how confident was your tech? My dr really discouraged me from finding out before 18-20 weeks. 
    Are you going to do something fun to tell your son? 

With my son, I was with a group of 6 ladies and all but one of us had boys. Maybe this will be like that, but with girls!! 

Everyone’s sick over here. Spent all night up with my son who has another ear infection and trying to stay away,  and keep my daughter safe lol, from my hubby who has strep. This early weather change has hit us hard. Quiet weekend at home for us
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 16, 2019 1:27PM
    @Sunshine8888 My son was NOT happy! He knew a girl was a possibility, but he still really wanted a boy. He’s warming up to the idea though

@Rockinmom2 She was very confident. She said she wasn’t going to mark girl until she saw the legs from every angle she could and you can see the lines and the “v” lines on the ultrasound, so I’m pretty confident too. I actually booked an early scan not at my doctor, but she’s a licensed tech with the same degree. I will have my gender scan with my doctor in about 4 weeks to confirm ☺️ I was very nervous she was wrong, but I compared my son’s ultrasound with this one and it’s very obvious lol we bought a pink smoke cannon to set off to show my son. He wasn’t happy lol 
  • Options
    My little boy has had me up nearly every night this week too he’s got a cold but I’m sure his throat was sore as he was drinking lots and now my husband has gone to play football with his shoulder out of place so he’s probs going to make it worse and we’ll end up in A and E tonight no doubt 🤦🏼‍♀️ Men are a strange breed 
  • Options

My son’s gender scan is on top and this one is on the bottom. I was still worried I will go in 4 weeks and be told boy, but I did see the lines they say signifies a girl and we got some really good “butt, between the legs” shots 😂 
  • Options
    Aw!!! @Rachel.a21 that IS reassuring! And your poor son! Hopefully he’ll come around. Last week my son, who’s 6,  said he didn’t think we needed any more people in our family! Sorry bud lol! Too late 

@Lillian2410 hoping everyone feels better by you too! It’s going to be a long weekend
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I hope he comes around! And aww lol poor guy! My son is 7 and will be 8 in January. He really wanted a brother because he knows this is our last kid. But He’s warming up to it more now because I said he can still teach her how to play baseball and she will still want to be just like big brother 
  • Options
    Exciting development here! Tonight we felt the baby move!! Both my husband I can feel her, little popping sensations / gentle bursting bubbles in my belly. It’s amazing! 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 how exciting!!! Such a wonderful feeling! And your husband too, that’s incredible!! Being slim helps a lot with that. So happy for you 
    I haven’t had much here since last weekend, it’s pretty inconsistent early on, but I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t baby or I haven’t relaxed enough this week to notice. Trying to remind myself chances of anything being wrong are slim :) 
  • Options
    Feeling the baby move is the best thing in the world! Especially when it gets stronger. I didn’t feel my son until 18 weeks and it was barely anything, so I’m hoping I feel this one a little sooner!
  • Options
    My twin sister came round yesterday she’s 8 days behind me and she wanted me to look at her bump and feel where it was and I was explaining to her how to feel the height of the womb and she felt mine too... such a wonderful experienced to share 💜
  • Options
    The midwife explained that lots of women don’t feel their baby until later but part of that is because they confuse it for wind or digestion. She said it will feel like little bubbles bursting or gentle movement so last night when I’d been sat down for ages, I noticed it! I’ve been reading up and I’m sure it was her ☺️ It stopped soon after but I’ll keep trying each night hehe 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I've been feeling something similar the last week or so.... weirdly, I always seem to notice it at work and it is almost clockwork - between 2 and 3pm when I check the time! Have been questioning whether it is gas or the baby but it does feel a little different to gas. I really hope it is baby!!! Cant wait for more regular and definite movement, I'm so tired of being nervous about what is going on inside there, will be reassuring to get a sign!
  • Options
    How has everyone’s weekend been? I keep getting this overwhelming feeling of sickness but I’ve not actually been sick. I’ve also had really bad back ache this weekend, only 6 weeks today and it’s felt like a rough one! I’ve heard it’s normally around 6 weeks when morning sickness kicks in so will see how the next few weeks go! Got first midwife appointment on Wednesday then an early scan the week after that we have paid for at 8 weeks. I’m sure we won’t see much but I can’t wait. 

Hope you’re all well xx 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, this thread has now reached the 1k post limit, which usually means we would kick you off a continuation thread, with the same thread title, but with Part 2 on the end ie First Trimester August - October - Part 2

HOWEVER as you guys were in the first trimester from Aug- Oct, we wanted to ask you all, would you prefer to start a new thread called Second Trimester - Nov - Jan? 

Either way we do need to close this thread, but please let us know if you would like us to create you a continuation, or if you would like to start a new Second Trimester thread. Thanks. 
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM  I think a new second trimester thread November - January would be good 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions