Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell SMA Careline your best parenting tips for new mums and dads: £200 voucher to be won!

Replies

• Options
    Close your ears to all unwanted and unasked for advice. 
  • Options
    Know that Instagram is not reality
  • Options
    My best tip is there is no right or wrongs. accept help with shopping and cleaning and enjoy every cuddle
  • Options
    Don't be worried about asking for help! Everyone needs help sometimes !
  • Options
    I think the best advice I could give is simple, remember its ok to make mistakes and you don't always have to be perfect. 
  • Options
    Remember every child is different so don't compare to others. I only realised this really when I had my second, and she was so different as a baby to my son.
  • Options
    Do what you think is best for baby & you ! 
    I found carrying on Formula milk until my baby was 3 did wonders for her. 
  • Options
    Have faith that you are doing a good job
  • Options
    Accept as much help as you can and don’t overdo it!
  • Options
      Don’t sweat the small stuff, don’t try and be super women you don’t have to impress anyone , focus on what matters to you. So what if the house isn’t spotless, so what if you stayed in your pjs all day. Don’t listen to comments that start with “In my day”. Don’t bottle up feelings of loneliness, anxiety or depression. There is help out there so don’t be afraid to access it.    

• Options
    No right or wrong way so don't stress. 
  • Options
    Don't compare yourself to other people especially those social media mummies who pretend they and their children are perfect 100% of the time because trust me no parent or child is perfect so don't beat yourself up if you aren't managing to juggle 100 different things at once because none of us are. 
  • Options

Pre-empt a sore bum, make sure you have baby specific bum cream /  barrier cream in the home, I didn’t use it unless I had to, but at some point they will have a sore bum. There’s nothing worse than having to wipe a screaming baby with a red raw bum, you know it’s hurting them but you have to do it, at least if you have the cream ready you can do something about it.

• Options
    Don't worry about how other parents do it, or how you are told to do it. Do things your own way, & work out what is best for you & baby
  • Options
    Try to stop worrying about your checklist ie doing the laundry, cleaning the house, making good meals. Your just adding more pressure to yourself and going to miss precious moments together! 
  • Options
    definately lots of batch cooking
  • Options
    It will pass: the sleepless nights, the exhaustion, the feeling of inadequacy. You are BRILLIANT and you are doing a GREAT job. If there's one piece of advice I could give it would be to tell a new mother that's she's got this and she's doing fabulously x
  • Options
    No 2 children are the same not even twins, don't compare your child to anyone else's. Children learn from those closest to them, from a very young age they pick up on stress, anger, frustration and happiness. Try and keep all the negativity out of the same room but pile on the happiness when your together! most importantly treasure every single second your together, take as many photographs and make your memories
  • Options
    Follow ure gut
  • Options
    Give yourself a break, providing you and the baby are fed and loved the cleaning/washing can wait
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions