Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality & what makes them so unique to you: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options
    I have two golden retrievers, they are simply the best companions. They are so gentle and loving.wherever we go and whatever we do they happily join in. 
  • Options
    My daughter's dog Pepper a black Labrador has been her loyal friend and companion for the last five years. They go running together. Pepper soon tires of fetching a ball and prefers to carry a very large stick ( more like a tree) but if she abandons the ball she can always go back and find it. Pepper loves the water and especially the beach, has her own special teddy and is very well behaved
  • Options
    Our dog, Rosie, is fantastic with our three little ones. She somehow always knows which are her toys and which are the children's, even with new ones!
  • Options

This is Lottie, she loves to curl up on the sofa at night, also loves her walks with us during the day, what a great friend keeping us fit too, and when its bedtime she always comes for her tummy tickle before bed.
  • Options
    ddraig123ddraig123 Regular
    edited Mar 6, 2021 11:19PM
    Charlie - loyal, affectionate, always hungry and much more of a party animal than me!

• Options
    Brooke is our beautiful border collie. She loves children and chasing any ball for hours. She has only ran away once and we found her at the local school licking all the children. She is the most loveable, sweetest girl and brings so much joy to our lives. 

• Options

We have two Shar Pei, Lila & Mug, both have fantastic personalities. Lila is the mischievous naughty one, while Mug is more chilled and laid back. DS is autistic and loves animals, Mug is his best pal.
  • Options
    Our lazy lab - most dogs love walks but not this one. He'd hide under the dining room table. Sweetest dog who brings us much happiness.

• Options
    Tammy has a very scary smile but she has infinite patience with my Grandchildren. She likes nothing better than to go for a swim in the local river
  • Options

This is our beautiful (non barking!) GSD who is so friendly that she’d lick anyone who tried to break in to death! 

9 years ago - She came into our lives as an 8 week puppy whilst I was signed off work - this was after I had received work related threats & experienced the theft of my car. At that time I was working in a ‘safeguarding children’ role as an NHS nurse.

After the incident. We had a special black box (that linked direct to the control room) installed by the Police. The fire brigade came and fire proofed our letter boxes. Fortunately, the culprit was caught in my car, went to court and was given a probation order, plus a restraining order not to visit my home nor workplace. TBH, it was all very scary stuff. It had been expected he would go to prison. Especially, as I had done nothing wrong other than my job. 

Our dogs personality is that she is very friendly, loyal, plus beautiful inside and out! Her uniqueness is that she is ‘stealth’ because she is silent but potentially deadly... (no in all seriousness she is just super friendly!) - although she has scared a few delivery drivers more because she just doesn’t bark - we are privileged that she is part of our gorgeous family and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. If I am lucky to be randomly selected it’s a new bed for our girlie from Amazon! What a treat - thank you x
  • Options
    My little Bessie knows exactly when I sit down to make a video call - she will do anything to get on the screen and will talk to my family and friends!
  • Options
    This is Murphy who will be 4 soon and his best friend Milo. Murphy has such a big personality, loves his morning cuddles where even though his a huge dog, will curl up in a small ball. He loves his walks where he gets to see some of his friends who get walked locally. He loves to play fight and will apologize if his too rough. His super gentle with all my nephews ranging from 2-11. Loves to play in the garden for hours. Due to me having autism he knows I like a routine so he knows exactly when its feeding time. Not forgetting the zoomies round the house. He will chase the cat but often the cat will tease him on purpose now.
  • Options
    We don't have a dog but spend a lot of time with my sister's dog, Charlie.  He's pretty lazy and old-man in his habits, but very bright and loves the kids!
  • Options
    edited Mar 7, 2021 2:35PM
    This is Rosie, she is a Bedlington Terrier. Unfortunately Rosie didnt leave the house for the first 6 months of her life which was when we got her. She was scared of everything and everyone as it was all new to her. She had never been on a lead or seen traffic or other dogs, so life has been challenging. She is still a scaredy-pants, but does enjoy walks now and chasing a ball but prefers to go out at quieter times. She is excellent in the house and super loving. Although life is difficult sometimes, we love her to bits. 
  • Options

This is Loki with his best friend Jynx who love spending as much time together and have both kept me sane during lockdown!
  • Options
    this is Mum's little Bella, who is missing her terribly (mum passed away 2 years ago) but she is living in the family home and we are all happy she didn't have to be relocated as she is happy where she is, a typical terrier, very feisty but when she knows you, she is so loving, can't wait to visit her soon! 
  • Options
    I am an emergency services worker and caught COVID whilst working back in November 2020.
    As an asthma sufferer the effects of it have been devastating and I am still struggling with breathing issues now.  I frequently have Asthma attacks in my sleep and wake up gasping and quite literally feeling like I am going to die.

This little chap is Stanley and has been a lifesaver to me. I initially started letting him sleep in bed with me when I was poorly, it felt good to have this dear old boy to snuggle when I felt so ill. But one night he did something amazing. 
    I was having an asthma attack in my sleep and he woke me up by gently patting my face with his paw and licking my nose. Him waking me, enabled me to get some relief by taking the emergency inhalers I keep on the bedside table.

As the weeks have passed Stanley doesn't just wake me, he actually started to bring my inhaler to me as well!
    I have no idea how my 10 year old, grouchy, arthritic boy knows how to do this. I certainly haven't trained him!
    He is my furry guardian angel.

Here he on one of our favourite walks on Dartmoor! He is such a special boy and I love him very much 💗

• Options

Hi.  I'm Freddie.  I was rescued from a puppy farm and brought home to my friend Millie.  She is a proper Border Terrier.  I was runt of the litter so although my body is all over the place, I mince along and have arthritis, I am the sweetest of chaps.  When I am happy (which is most of the time) my tail wags so much the whole of my bottom shakes. That's why Mum calls me Mr Wiggles.  My partner Millie taught me everything I know.  I love the beach and my garden. Can even speak French!!!
  • Options
    My Labrador is the most destructive, disobedient  dog I have ever owned, constantly looking for mischief (and food). Completely missed the cute fluffy Andrex puppy stage and was almost fully grown at 6 months.  Always so excited to go for walks.  But he is my constant companion and fills my life with joy. 
  • Options

After the heartbreak of losing our elderly labrador, life just wasn't the same. The house wasn't home any more. Being disabled and housebound I loved having a faithful canine companion. We found Ty a beautiful Rough Collie (an older boy) at a dog rescue that I support. He had been badly neglected by his elderly owner for some time, before the old gentleman passed away.

He needed an urgent operation immediately, and a second one later on. Although he had been fostered by lovely lady at the rescue, he was extremely nervous when he came to us.  He is a gentle soul and he's very handsome. We rescued him, but he also rescued us.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions