Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality & what makes them so unique to you: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options
    My dog, Bracken, is a large Lurcher. His head reaches the dining table. When we have dinner, he stands with his head resting on the table... staring at you... hoping that someone will drop a morsel or two.
  • Options
    I have a golden labrador called Archie who is now 9 years old and we've had him since he was a puppy. He is daft as a brush, loves playing fetch and loves the water! Someone once mentioned we should get an automatic ball launcher for him since he loves playing fetch with tennis balls so much but I have visions of him standing directly in front of it and catching it straight into his mouth. He is uniquely funny and rather stupid that way! He is very tolerant of our toddler even when she sits on his back singing horsey horsey to him! 
  • Options
    Our little Jack Russell Lucy is our family Dog who we all love to bits. She Loves to mother our son Kyle and look after him. She sleeps on his bed with him every night and always  makes sure he is ok. She is a calming influence on him when she sences he is upset or feels uneasy, she will just jump on his knee in his wheelchair and let him know that she is there for him and everything is going to be ok
  • Options

Tilly is full of life, loving, snuggly and a great walking companion. She's a typical Cocker spaniel full of bounce and energy and loves to play in the garden (or anywhere she's allowed!)
  • Options
    Our dog Dora, has just been diagnosed with heart trouble, and just trying to get her to take her tablets in the morning and evening is a game in itself, and we also have one of her puppies , who we got last summer, aged 7, who is also a bundle of fun.
  • Options
    Sprocket is my three year old monster. I had planned to train her as my assistance dog, but she is such a whirling dervish that she isn't calm enough to pass the tests lol. That being said, she gives us our post, puts her toys away, can sniff out where our bearded dragon has wondered off to, and her sense of smell is so incredible that if I'm not entirely sure where our walk has taken us, she'll lead me back home. She also doesn't leave my side when I'm unwell.

All she wants is food (or she'll throw her snood at me), belly rubs and kisses. It doesn't matter who from!  

• Options
    Ching loves to be at the forefront of everything we do, and very much likes to get her own way!  She has no fear, even allowing cows to sniff and lick her!  She's a one in a million dog!
  • Options
    Our little 1 year old Boston Terrier Peggy is as mad as a box of frogs! She's funny, sweet and has the most amazing temperament. She loves meeting people, kids and other dogs.. she is obviously a dog but she literally looks like she's smiling all the time.. such a happy little thing
  • Options
    My dog is a brisham spaniel and called Spock and he knew when you were sad and would sit next to you and put a paw out and when I touched it he would move closer and put his head in my lap.  He knew instinctly how I was feeling and would always give me a kiss on the cheek, his favourite programmes was Eastenders and Jeremy Kyle when that was on the tv but sadly for Spock it has been took off air.  Spock is the best friend you could ever have.
  • Options
    Meet Bear he is the happiest little dog ever even after being attacked by another dog leaving him with 3 legs. This has never affected his personality just made him want to be one of us even more. I swear he thinks he is my 3rd child. 
  • Options
    Our Moelwyn (Molly) is a really unique (and sometimes absolutely bonkers) dog with so many quirks we could write a book on her! She's a vizsla and with it she's both full of energy, love and excitement and anxiety, and over thinking. She's always a step ahead which makes her a phenomenally skilled food thief (she can steal food off the side without leaving her bed or opening her eyes I'm certain!) But a chronic fear of cars means she's also aware of when you plan to leave the house (sometimes before you even know yourself) and sneaks off to hide in case you try and take her with you. She's the only dog I know that goes to her bed and avoids eye contact when you fetch a lead. Once she's out though she absolutely loves it and plays with the kids and rolls (usually in fox poop) and barks. She also loves snuggling under a blanket, sitting on people's knees and licking small children 😋 she can also do agility, though it's been a while she still remembers
  • Options

This is Kynda and we got her as an emotional support dog for our then 10y.o autistic son but it's his dad and I who have benefitted from her being here more than him. Our mental health has been good all through lockdown. The last 15 months since we got her have improved everyone's mental health in our home.
  • Options
    Kylo came into our lives at the beginning of 2020. He’s the most loving, crazy clever Cockapoo pup. I have Muscular Dystrophy and use a wheelchair to get around. He knows when my legs are painful and comes and sits on them. He also gets my socks and brings them to me each morning. I love him to bits. 
  • Options
    This is my rescue dog Izzy, we have had her around 2  years now and she was rescued from being kept in a cage for the first year of her life and used for  breeding. She is a funny little character after being kept in a cage for so long when she gets excited she just loves to spin round really fast shes slowly getting better now and starts to go in a straight line instead of just spinning  in one spot when she’s giddy and she’s also discovered her voice I’m convinced one day she’s going to actually speak, she doesn’t half shout at you when she wants a bit of attention but I wouldn’t change her for the world. The photo is of her first ever trip to the beach and I’m convinced she’s actually smiling with happiness 💗
  • Options
    Here are my fur babies larkin and gaston with the tiny humans. Larkin the jack Russell is full of sass and definitely likes her own voice! But she's always ALWAYS up for a cuddle and loves nothing more then being with you. Gaston is the dog with the Teddy bear face, his aloof personality often has us in giggles and he could quite happily spend all day playing fetch.
    Together this pair have such a beautiful bond and hate being separated. Larkin will often wind gaston up but at the end of the day you will always find them snuggled up together. 
  • Options
    My Izzy is a Diva...like me some would say. But most of all she owns her 'bad hair days'. Mines a messy bun but Izzy is like 'I'll just roll with it'. She has really missed the groom room this year.                         
  • Options
    Gib666Gib666 New
    edited Mar 11, 2021 7:27AM
    My girl is special as she's helping me get through cancer treatment and looking after my son. 
  • Options
    Covid would have been unbearable without this cheeky lady....
  • Options
    I am very much Team Cat and have never liked dogs. However, our school now has a resident therapy dog and he has changed my opinion. He's basically a big fluffy rug with the sweetest disposition. He will sit and let you stroke him for hours. The students absolutely love him and are so calm when he's around. I wouldn't say I'm Team Dog now but I definitely love this big softie!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions