Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Sorry flossy I didn't realise she was really unwell with it. I'd def go bk to the doctor with it. Neither of mine have had HFM so I couldn't comment but hope she gets better soon its never nice having a poorly baby and not being able to help feel helpless don't u. hope she perks up soon and home time comes round quick x

• Options

THAnks ladies, I’ve just been back to the docs. They’ve tested for strep throat and some kind of flu, both of which have come back clear. 

Shes insisting it’s just a viral upper respiratory infection and the rash is just viral?!?  

• Options

u can get viral rashes for sure mine have had then but i must say yours looks very sore poor thing. I hope she can settle it can't be nice. Maybe just make an app ok time t for your doctor for when you get home give you more peace of mind. Stressing you out more cuz ur abroad is inagine x

• Options

Is sure is k85, it’s hoprible being so far from home and I know they must do things differently out here. 

She has a high temp and an infected throat but why don’t gove antibiotics whereas I’m sure in England they would. 

We land late tomorrow afternoon and won’t be at the docs before they close but I may take her to out of hours if shes still this unsettled. 

• Options

Yeah maybe the walk in centre or something if she's still like it. I'd of thought they wud of for an infected throat so must be so frustrating they've not given her anything x

• Options

It’s just so hard because she’s so unwell!! She’s such a content little person usually  she’s literally crying all the time, she’s never done this even when she was a baby! Lol! I can’t cope! Haha

• Options

lol I know that feeling flossy. Just have to be there for her and take it in turns so you have a break even if it's taking urself off for 5 to breath x

• Options

Mummatoo, so very sorry to read your news - sending you lots of love and strength. 

Flossy, poor Violet and you guys - don't know if this will help, but we have a guide to rashes article here. Really wishing Violet better. 

• Options

That’s really helpful, thank you Danielle! Just want to get her home safely now x

• Options

Let us know how you get on Flossy.  I'm sure the doctors know what they are doing out there but it's not the same as having your own GP etc at home.

• Options

I got the doctors report as we fly home shortly and she has tonsillitis, I will be trying to get her seen today (Friday) once Home but will contact out of hours most likely as we don’t land in London until 4pm today x

• Options

Ah no what a shame she must be so uncomfortable! I know how it felt when I had it let alone a little one! Must be awful for her. Hope they gI've her something for it. Hope the flight goes quickly for you all x

• Options

We are hom!!! After 18hrs travelling! 

The girls were amazing on the flight but now Willow seems to be suffering too! 

Will see how Violet goes overnight and call out  of hours if she’s still bad in the morning. She has slept so much today so hoping shes recovering on her own x

• Options

How are the girls flossy? Hope they ok x

• Options

hey hun, Thanks for asking, Violet is on the road to recovery, we took her to the docs Saturday and she has a severe case of hand, foot and mouth which then triggered a massive eczema outbreak which she’s never had before. 

So now we need to try and good cream for dry, sensitive skin if anyone knows of any good brands?! 

• Options

Oh no! How awful. Yeah Hun Nellie had bad eczma since was 6 months old and i tired loads of things but only things that keeps it at bay is aproderm. She does have a mild steroid cream as well for wen it's bad. You can buy it it's about £8 for the tub or ask the doctor for prescription. It keeps it nice and moisturised and doesn't hurt her wen I rub it in. Also the oilatum bath oil is good it's very greasy and leaves your bath looking a bit slippery lol but her skin is lovely wen she comes out. I hope she gets better soon! No wonder she wasnt happy x 

• Options

Oliver has eczema too.  We have steroid cream and antihistamin liquid for when it's really bad (couple of times a year), but we use Oilatum plus in the bath and nothing else and also use Edaderm cream once a day and this keeps it's at bay.  As K85m says you can either buy it or get it on prescription.

you may have to try a few things to crack it, we did, but once you find it it's quite manageable.

I also know what the HFM is like, hope you are all feeling better soon and recovered.  Did you have a good holiday before she got ill?

• Options

Will look at trying the oilatum and start there!

before she got ill we were having the best time, playing at the pool and the water park. 

I feel so so guilty for Willow as I promised her I would go on the waterpatk rides everyday with her but only did it once before Violet got ill and that was her favourite part of the holiday. She said we never do fun stuff together, just me and her which really does break my heart. I wish I could rewind and play with her more before Violet needed me!!

ive promised I will take her ice skating just me and her so plan to do that over the next couple of weeks :)

• Options

Oh flossy that can't be easy but dont beat yourself up. I know it's hard and heartbreaking. Sometimes I feel like I'm always saying put this on for Nellie or can't because of Nellie to my son wen he asks me things but I do always make time for him and that's the best you can do. She will love ice skating im sure kids are very resilient x 

• Options

Oh that is heartbreaking but try not to feel bad.  You wouldve done if Violet hadn't got ill.  Give her a special day with the ice skating and I am sure you will be forgiven x