Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

I keeps in touch with claire she had a other littke boy x

• Options

imageimage

Nellie likes the snow ha although had to put her dummy  as she started to eat it lo

• Options

Ah lovely pics k85m!  No snow down with us :-/

jwebster thats good news re Claire, pass on our congratz!

• Options

Today on the forum, we're asking about your family buying Christmas presents for your kids: do your parents and inlaws buy your children huge amounts of stuff that’s not needed? Or do you tell them specifically what to buy? Please do tell us on this new thread here. We'd love to hear from you! 

• Options

We have snow too. Phoenix had a ride on the sledge yesterday too image
    imageimage

• Options

Thank you Rustic! Was far too cold for them to go out today. Even my son attempted it but came in after 5 minutes ha. Schools been closed since Friday and again tomorrow as it's going to be minus 8 apparently! So its looking like a Netflix day tomorrow. Manic round here the local shop has nothing on the shelves as deliveries been cancelled etc. The midlands is in a bit if a pickle at the minute ha.

Lovely pics Phoenix they are growing up so fast! x 

• Options

Haha k85m mental Isn’t it! Wolverhampton just can’t cope!

• Options

Hey everyone hope you all had a good xmas and new year! I’m after some advice, not sure how all your toddlers are sleeping but Nellie is becoming a nightmare and I’ve started dreading going to be. It’s causing me lots of anxiety. She used to sleep through lovely go bed at 7-7.30 and wake up at 6.30 but past couple weeks she will go bed at the same time but wake up anytime from 11.30-3 and that’s it then. Sometimes she will go back to sleep but other times like this morning I’ve ended up getting up with her. I have no option as I can’t let her cry as my 5 year old is now back at school and bless him she wakes him up. He’s gonna be shattered today. She ends up dead crankie in the day as well but then naps for anythin up to 2 hours. I can’t get anythin done in the day as she’s literally that tired she’s waiting for a sleep and by time she’s had one and up and eaten is time to get my son from school. Needless to say I’m knackered ha ha

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to ask you, when you were pregnant, did you have the flu jab? Please do tell us on this new thread here.

Also, if you fancy sharing your top tips for booking a family holiday with ABTA, you could win a £200 John Lewis voucher. That thread is here. Good luck! 

• Options

Oh k85m that does sound exhausting!  I'm not able to offer any advice really as not had that problem. We did have a phase Oliver went through where he would go to sleep fine but wake up 30mins later and be so upset it would take 1.5hrs to resettle him.   I stopped giving him fruit after dinner as I read it can give them acid indigestion and we also started leaving a bottle of water in his cot so now when he wakes at any point he grabs that and goes back to sleep drinking it.  

• Options

Thank you so much Rustic. I did think about a drink and I’ve started to hear her tummy rumble as well so she’s going to have to have some sort of a snack before bed biscuit maybe. My son always woke up for a drink i just don’t remember it being this early on lol. Thankfully his nan has had her today and I’ve managed to get a couple hours sleep after the school run x

• Options

Oliver has his dinner about 7pm and then still has 6oz of milk at 8pm and is usually asleep by 8.30pm.  He has always stocked up on milk before bed and then sleeps for 12-13hrs.  I can't say it's anything we have done as it's just the way he has been since about 3 months old. Before you get too jealous I should add that he never used to nap in the day time even when little - so no break in the day for us!  He has in the last 2 months started having a short nap at lunchtime of about 40mins which is good but it can be hit and miss and sometimes wakes up v grumpy.

The good thing for us about him having the bottle of water in the cot at night is we put his medicine in it (he has to have stool softeners otherwise he has bad constipation) and if he hasn't drunk it overnight he always does when he wakes in the morning.

• Options

K85m have you looking to getting the wonder week app. Grace is doing the same thing. She used to go to bed around 7 half 7 and wake up around 6ish now shes not sleeping until like 12/1am and then sleeping until 9. she Went from having one hour nap during the day to three some days But she will fight the sleep until she can’t keep her eyes open any longer. We are all very tired. the wonder week app tells you when your baby is going through a leap etc and there sleep can be effected. This leap is meant to last a month for Grace. This app has been spot on pretty much through all graces leap, growth spurts etc. I can’t help with the drink as Grace is still breastfeed. 

• Options

Oh thank you zoie I’ve not heard of that but it’s def worth a try I’m going to look now thank you. What they like little terrors wearing is out x

• Options

k85m hope your getting some more sleep? 

• Options

Hey zoie it’s not been too bad the last few nights since I posted that night she must of worn herself out not sleeping and I was so tired she ended up with me and we all slept till 8! well I kept clock watching thinking she’s gonna wake in a minute but she never did. She also hates a quilt on constantly kicking it off so I left her to it and she didn’t move. But i got more sleep this week than I did last week. They stayed at grandparents last night as well so I had my self a bath and a drink watched a film and went to bed. Hows grace sleeping now? 

• Options

Have you got a child aged 5-9 years old? If so, we're looking for parents and children to take part in our latest product test for a children's app and personalised book. To find out more, please see this thread. 

• Options

Have done Danielle. Thank you for the chance :)

• Options

K85m as long as her dad isn't there she sleeps. I think he's the fun one although i spend most time with her :( So it took until 12 o'clock last night to get her down. Roll on the weekend when he back on nightshift lols.

Thats great Jwebster. I did keep in contact until our last chat stopped and never used this website any longer. Glad she is doing okay.

Wow look at the snow. It didn't land in Glasgow but did fall. Grace didn't like it. Far too cold. She is a fuss pot and hates shoes, socks, jackets so when it cold and she needs to wear a jacket she isn't happy haha.

Ladies have any of you move home and packed everything up? I am currently in the process of trying to buy a house that will be build in 2019 but it means i need to sell my house. I just dont know what to do? Do i sell just now or do i wait until later in the year. I know it can take forever to sell a house but i also dont want to be homeless. I also want to try save up some money as although we dont need money for deposit as we should get that from the sale of our house what we do need is money for moving. Also would be nice to have some savings. any advice?

• Options

Hi Zoie, I bought a new build 4 years ago and had 6 months to wait.  I had to sell and go into rental as I was moving area to start a new job.  We did move into a flat for the 6 months which came with a garage so rather than have to use storage we could put things we wouldn't need for 6 months into the garage.  renting didn't save any money as it was about the same cost as the mortgage but we didn't have to worry about moving costs as my comp at paid stamp duty, legal fees and removal costs etc.

Maybe look at what's available rental wise and see how that would work out financially for you if you had to rent.  Bear in mind usually the shortest rental you can get is 6 months.  quite the dilemma, good luck with it all!