Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

i Don’t know zoie, I guess I would hold off as long as possible unless you have somewhere else you can move to bridge the gap? Like your parents? Otherwise i would hold off and then just try super hard to save, although I know it’s impossible! 

• Options

I would find it very hard to rent as we have three dogs and to be honest thats even more daunting lols unpacking twice. We have family that would allow us to store stuff but its where we would stay which is the problem. 

To be honest as our mortgage is fairly cheap we waste a lot of our money on crap which when we move it would need to stop to some extent so want to stop it now and put that money into saving but it's getting started haha. 

I am pretty nervous about it all as i was hoping they would have done part exchange which means we wouldn't have had to sell but sadly they don't. I have a meeting to secure our plot but want to make sure it's the right thing to do as its a lot of money to waste if we end up not doing it. I suppose i have a week to ask family if it comes to it will you take with three dogs in toe. Wish me luck.

• Options

Thats actually a good point rustic i haven't thought about legal fees. I need to make a list. It's so much easier when your a first time buyer :). I will have a look at renting somewhere but i do think it will be a hard find unless i find a farm haha.

• Options

Ah yes that's more of a challenge with the dogs.  Sounds like trying to sell nearer the time is your best bet and as you say save in the interim.  Maybe ask a local estate agent their advice, they will be able to give a good idea on whether your house would sell quickly.

• Options

I will do Rustic. I am hoping to get my house valued soon so will 100% ask  about selling my house. The only things going for my house is its got the second biggest amount of out door space and its an end terrace so hoping it wont take that long to sell. We are going to upgrade a few things this year so hoping it will help it sell lols

• Options

Hey zoie sorry I have no experience of this I have lived in my house for nearly 8 yeas. I’ve thought of moving and had house valued but all seemed far too much hassle and looked into an extension which was valued cheaper than moving ha. I do know that the buyer can wait if they are willing to wait for you to move out. My parents had to wait a year for their house to be built and ready to move into but their buyers wanted their house so waited for them to move out. Their house was on the market over a year though so it might be worth seeing what interest there is. Might take weeks could take months or longer you just don’t know in this day. Hope it all goes well though and isn’t too stressful x

• Options

Hi everyone. Have you seen Dan Osborne's new tattoo of his kids on his thigh? It got us wondering, do you or your partner have any tattoos about your kids? If so, please do come and tell us about them here. 

• Options

imageimageimageimage hey ladies just a quick update I can't believe ezzie is nearly 19 months!!! She is so grown up and boy is she independent . . Still not sleeping though the night though 😴😴 we are trying to night wean wish us luck haha she's such a little dot and isn't even 20lbs yet 🤣 

Her speech is coming on but I just wondered how many words does your little ones say ezzie can say about 20 words I should know by now but is that normal? Hope all is well with everyone and id love to see your gorgeous babies!!! 

• Options

Oh she is adorable!!! Love her bunches.  Hope you get the sleep sorted soon.

Well Oliver is 20 months now and a little chatterbox.  They are all different (he was late to walk) but has well over 100 words now .... but I would say that seems more than most his age so please don't compare.  He just likes to talk!  He is still not a great eater (maybe because it stops him talking) so we are still on mushy/lumpy food.

At almost 3ft tall he is in age 2-3 clothes but I've not had him weighed for quite a while, he is definitely heavy though :-)

• Options

imageimage

Oh wow how cute are they!! I can’t beleive how fast they are all growing up! i don’t know how many words Nellie can say but she can say a fair few! Not stringing sentences together other than where’s Dad or where’s Bob (Bobby her brother). I never called Bobby Bob and told everyone it’s not Bob it’s Bobby. That’s backfired on me now as we have to for Nellie ha. She will have a jumbled conversation with you that’s nonsense ha. She’s got everyone wrapped round her little finger. She knows everyone’s name but will not say Mom which frustrates me ha except when I walk in the room and she goes ‘here she is’ ha. Nellie loves her food (like her Mom ha) but will not let you feed her! She’s so independant but she’s fine with it so I leave her to it. Everything is ‘’mmmm nice’ ha. She’s so comical. Can’t believe she will be 21 months in couple weeks. Shes bein christiened in May and I know exactly how she’s gonna be and run away in the church the madam. I got her ears pierced 3 weeks ago and she was fine. I know some people may not agree but she didn’t even flinch and hasn’t messed with them since so I’m happy. Id of taken them out if not. I do sometimes feel like I’ve got a 4 year old rather than an almost 2 ha. 

hope everyone is well!

• Options

Lovely to hear from you all! Violet is an absolute daring just like the other July babies, getting too big to open quickly! 

S has only been toddling around by herself for a month or two, she was so happy crawling or walking with her walker she wasn’t bothered... until one day i let her walk in the school playground and since then she hasn’t looked back.

Violet says a few things, quite a few but I do keep trying to encourage her to communicate more with yes and no which is fun!! Lol!

She didn’t enjoy the snow much last week, we had more than the last 30 years in our area!!!!

• Options

Ezzie understands perfectly just not a talker as such if I say to her go see Bella or Scarlett she'l go to them I say where is your coat she'll point in Halway up at the peg I'll say get something from under buggy she will get it lol hee understanding is amazing just not a big speaker. If playing hide and seek I'll say where' mummy and she'l say there she is her favourite words are yeah and no she loves the word no. And boobie she shouts that very loud 🙈 so lovely seeing everyone toddlers! Ezzie never goes in the buggy very rarely these days she' been walking since 10 months and is super fast she runs so fast if she's not on her reigns I have to be super cautious 😂

• Options

Violet is the same... she understands so much which is why once trying to get her to nod her head when she wants something or say yes as she’s constantly saying no when she doesn’t!!!

shes going to be a runner too once she has a tiny bit more confidence so have the reins ready for trips out!!

• Options

Wow! I was pregnant around the same time of quite a few of you and we lost our baby at 8 weeks. Just checking in to see how you all are x

• Options

Hi Hopefully. I miscarried at around 7 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy in 2009. Hope all is going well with you now.

Phoenix is growing up so fast. Sometimes she drives me mad, she is such a handful. Usually it is because she is tired though. She is so cheeky and has such a cheeky giggle when she knows she is up to mischief.
    She also loves saying No and says it in such a cute tone of voice haha.
    She has recently started nodding 'yes' which helps immensely.
    Oh she also likes saying "booby" haha. Although she is not as much of a boob monster as my middle child was. She will actually say no to the boob quite often (which my older daughter never did at this age), and Phoe will ask for juice (actually water or very diluted apple/orange juice) instead. She does still bf quite a bit but mostly just when she is tired, like before a nap and in an evening/before bed. And ery briefly in a morning as she is coming round.

Phoe has been fully toilet trained since exactly 20 months. Wasn't really a conscious decision at first, although I did hope she could be out of nappies before June as we are going on holiday then. Anyway, at around 18 months I started sitting her on the potty before her morning bath, within a few weeks she was taking her nappy off all the time at home, so at 19 months I just had her in knickers (or naked lol) in the house and she used the potty or I sat her on it and prompted her every couple of hours. After about 3 weeks I also stopped putting her in nappies at night because she was waking up dry and using the toilet. we also had our first long trip out without a nappy the week she turned 20months (5th March). She hasn't worn a nappy at all since about the 1st/2nd of March
    Here she is enjoying some easter chocolate (serious look aside haha.)
    .image

• Options

Hi Hopefully, lovely to hear from you!  I often think of you as I remember our dates were a day apart and we had our scans on the same day.  Still remember getting upset at work reading your news that day.  I hope things are going well for you?

Pheonix that is amazing that you’ve cracked the toilet training already!  Can’t see that happening anytime soon here unless Oliver lives on the potty ... he wee’s all the time.  Such a solid sleeper too, in the morning his extra absorbent nappies are at full capacity and some days he is soaked through where they just can’t cope!  We’ll get there at some point I though I guess!  Lovely picture of Phoenix at Easter.  Oliver had his first real taste of chocolate at Easter too (OH and I are not big chocolate fans so Oliver has only ever had the odd chocolate button till now as we don’t have it round the house) ... it’s fair to say Oliver loved it and keeps asking for egg egg now ... hmm not sure a hard boiled one is what he is after!

• Options

Phoenix she is beautiful bless her I bet she is a handful. Rustic yes we were! Cannot believe how big they have all got. Oliver is such a cutie. we haven’t had any more look since the last miscarriage but had a lot on over the last couple of years. We lost my dad Xmas 2016 to the dreaded c word then we got married last June 3017. Husband has been away as he is in the RAF so was away from November 17 to end of March 18 so he is back now and that’s it we are starting to try again. It’s so hard when you want something so much xx the other day I tested first thing and got two lines then did a couple more tests and all negative since then I have come on my period. imageimageHope you don’t mind me coming on here. Be nice to have support from such nice people that helped me before.

• Options

Hi everyone, we really hope you’re all doing good?

We wanted to ask if you had some parenting expertise for the peeps on these threads:

One mum want’s to know why her toddler keeps smacking himself. 

Another mum has a 5 year old, and since the birth of her baby, her 5y/o keeps soiling himself. Any advice? 

This members 3y/o who is fully potty trained suddenly refuses to poo in the loo.

And this mums 17month old won’t let her leave the room.

And if you come and tell Nurofen for Children how you cheer up a poorly child, you could win a £200 Amazon voucher! 
    We would love to hear from you!

• Options

Hi all! Our babies well toddlers are nearly 2! 4 weeks today and Nellie will be 2! It’s gone so fast! Hope all are doing well. I just wondered if anyones little ones are experiencing bad sleep? For the last 2 weeks now Nellie has been crying every hour in her sleep if not more and I don’t know what it is. Shes not hungry and doesnt ask for anything just cries and mumbles and kicks. I do manage to settle her but sometimes i just have to let her settle herself. It’s really affecting her in the day and she’s so moody. She naps in seconds in the middle of the day but won’t let me go. Does this sound like night Terrors? I have no experience in this. My son talks in his sleep and sits up and so does their dad. Im so tired it’s unreal I’m a walking zombie

• Options

My little girl is 2 tomorrow! Where has the time gone. I hope your all ok and toddlers are doing well x