Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Hppy birthday charlie!! I love the cake!! How’s the rest of his day gone? 

• Options

That sounds lovely Kayleigh!!

• Options

Thanks :) bincey he didn't really understand tbh he did like the wrapping paper but I think at this age we do it more for us than for their benefit because he would have been happy with a empty box and a roll of wrapping paper lol. 

• Options

Cake is fab!! Glad he’s had a good day 😊

We only wrapped a couple of presents because Joseph was just not interested. Like you I think its more for us and definitely a celebration of surviving the last 12 months x

• Options

Well Charlie is enjoying center parcs but it has made me realise that I think he is definitely autistic. The apartment has lots of doors and he is absolutely obsessed with them! He slithers along the floor as fast as he can to get to them and just sits and bangs them. My other 2 autistic boys were exactly the same. He cries if we try and pick him up to move him away from the doors. But he is having a lovely holiday. He’s really taking everything in and loves the waterworld.

• Options

Aww im glad you're having a good holiday Louise and Charlie is enjoying himself sounds like he's got it sussed on how to get himself where he needs to be 🤣. We're still waiting for ollys referral to the paediatrician after he had to be re refered due to the the bloody hv, will they offer you any testing for charlie or is it just a waiting game 

• Options

Louise he sounds like he has soo much fun !! To be completely fair Ollie is exactly the same with doors .. living door, kitchen cupboards, he has a seat thing that he just lifts up and down ... maybe he will be a joiner one day xxx sending Love xx

• Options

Hey everyone I just ordered a new stroller we went for the Britax b agile 3 it’s got great reviews very lightweight and can we used from birth if needed (we hope we will). How’s everyone getting on today Ollie ate a whole half of a jacket potato with cheese without us feeding him any it was soo funny 

• Options

Louise, j is the same with doors. He gets so excited with opening and closing them and will do it for ages!

• Options

Are you starting operation baby making then Lillian? We've gone for the Cossatto woosh stroller for charlie the quinny is to big now and bulky and I want something that I can fold away and keep in the boot of the car.

Has anyone stopped giving their little one formula yet? And are you still sterilising the bottles charlie seems to prefer drinking out of a sippy cup now 

• Options

That is so bad Kayleigh that he had to be re-referred! Hope you don’t have to wait long. Charlie has already been referred to paediatrician but no doubt will be a long wait. 

• Options

The children are all sad tonight that we have to come home tomorrow so at least that means they’ve enjoyed their holiday 😃

• Options

imageimage

• Options

Look at him such a handsome little man 

• Options

Awww louise he’s adorable such a big boy!!! X 

weve stopped giving formular ollies taken well to blue milk n no sterilising so that’s good x

• Options

Doors are a favourite of Patrick. He's not had a good couple days. I think being away on holiday and then me being back in work full days haa put him too out of routine. 

I use aptamil and its the last box. Theyve changed the recipe so I'm weaning her on to full fat. 

• Options

Katt I saw they had changed the formular that’s just really annoying cuz the one thing people don’t like to change is milk. 

Yes kayleigh we are sat In bed talking about it last night both smiling defo made me feel 100% this is a good plan :) 

• Options

Yeh I heard that Katt apparently the milk powder doesn't dissolve properly and alot of babies have been poorly with it. Charlie has enough for his feed this morning and that's it feels strange that he won't be having anymore formula or I won't be sterilising his bottles anymore I don't know why I'm so reluctant to stop I think its because he's probably my last child and I don't want to see him as not being a baby anymore even though i know he isn't.

Aww Lillian fingers crossed you get caught fairly quickly keep us all updated :) I'm sure there will be siblings to follow from other mummies on here 

• Options

Yeah i think for us we wanna go through the baby stage again while it’s all fresh and We still have all the stuff we need. Hubby said last night at least we will know what we are doing this time it’s surely got to be not easier but not everything will be new and scary. 

hopefully We catch quickly not because I want them as close as possible just don’t want to get to the stage we was last time with TTC soo much it took over 

• Options

Yeh things are slightly less scary the second time around it is hard work having two so close together but like you say it does get the baby stage out the way quicker and they grow up closer and can play together or in the case of olly and Charlie fight over everything lol